Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Moss encouraged after testing groin

D-Day

I would much rather have Moss sit out one more game. It's not worth it to aggravate his injury when he's had 2 solid weeks to recover and NOT miss a game in that time. It would be wise to keep him out against Detroit. I don't see how we'd need him against such a bad defense anyway.

Be super smart, Santana!! Ride the bench one more week! We'll understand. You've got 12 other games this year that are much more important than this one.

Moss has not sat out yet , so one more game would be his first game and I agree if he is still hurt , don't play but I'm not comfortable saying we don;t need him against a bad defense because we aren't exactly a good offense right now ~ ... and the Lions are , but I hope it all changes this week and we light it up , as I do every week lol but we will see

I have to disagree. When your team has the look of an 8-8 team, each game can determine whether you'll end up making the playoffs. When we have pretty much no one behind Randle El that is even an NFL caliber receiver, I think he has to go. It isn't preseason anymore and we aren't good enough to be saving guys for a playoff push. If he is running full speed and cutting-- play him. If Gibbs extends his conservativeness even further by not playing him just b/c he didn't practice, even though he feels great, I'll be thoroughly aggravated.

Let's just look at the other side of this again. He's improved. That's a good thing. Fact that he's feeling this good right now could be indicative of 2 things. One is that it may not be as bad of a groin injury as initially thought. Two is that his lack of practice time helped. Or both. Then we look at what he said.

"That's a different kind of route [than if] someone's pulling on you. But the speed I ran it at and putting your foot in the ground and planting, everything was great."

That works in practice as well as a real game. Now, he could sit this game to make sure that the injury does in fact heal completely or at least enough where there is less of a chance of injuring it. This game,(like all games), is important. But it is one game. 12 more to go after this. What happens if he goes out and re-injures that groin and possibly makes it worse. Then the Skins look at the possibility of losing him for several games instead of one. That is what Coach, the trainers, and even Moss have to look at right now imho. He can feel great all he wants, but that can change very fast during a game. He said it himself, that's different.

The nature of that kind of thing, it's better to rest and stay off it, and come back when it's healed...to come back prematurely causing further injury and missing a more significant amount of time would, for lack of a better work, stink! What is the approx. timetable for groin strains or pulls? I know it depends on the person and severity...also having hyperbaric chambers now, etc.

Moss is a huge threat that other teams have to account for, so we definitely need his services for the long haul.

I say make Santana active but use him as a decoy.

That's what I was thinking...

Does anyone remember way back (like 10 years or more) when we had all of our receivers seeming to drop like flies week after week...and whoever was coach then (Either Gibbs or Turner) sent an injured reciever out in the last few minutes of the game because the other team didn't know he was injured and we didn't have any healthy wr depth on the sidelines to keep him out? Whoever the wr was, he couldn't raise his arms above his shoulders, so he was pretty much useless if thrown the ball...but we had him run his route to at least keep one defender occupied. The ball was never gonna be thrown his way no matter what, but of course the opposing defense didn't know this...well, until after the game anyway lol....

This makes me nervous, I don't want Moss rushing back to the field and tearing something. I would rather they take caution this week.

But ultimately whatever they do will be for the best I'm sure, so we'll see.

You may be right. Next week is at Packers, and I dunno...we're really going to need him for that one. :(

Archived