Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where to live?

PF Chang

I've been drinking and getting angry with my friends. You decide:

Option A: Two four-bedroom apartments, $400/each. 2 bathrooms, two per room.

Option B: One house. $200 each. 2.5 bath. Six rooms, two live-in girlfriends so effectively everyone gets his/her own room.

I like B. Am I walking into a trap? The wiser on the board have been here before. What to do?

Depends on the people. Getting your own room is generally the safer bet, though.

In both situations, everyone has their own room. We are all good friends. I am one of the two with the girlfriends, and I'm OK with sharing my room with her.

In the last 20 minutes, I have honesty heard the argument concerning fewer bathrooms as a justification against option B. $200/month, or an extra person or two in the bathroom.

But that argument came from an Eagles fan...what can you expect? :cool:

In both situations, everyone has their own room. We are all good friends. I am one of the two with the girlfriends, and I'm OK with sharing my room with her.

In the last 20 minutes, I have honesty heard the argument concerning fewer bathrooms as a justification against option B. $200/month, or an extra person or two in the bathroom.

But that argument came from an Eagles fan...what can you expect? :cool:

Eh, I'd advise against living with your girl if you're 19 and still in college.

I've been drinking and getting angry with my friends. You decide:

Option A: Two four-bedroom apartments, $400/each. 2 bathrooms, two per room.

Option B: One house. $200 each. 2.5 bath. Six rooms, two live-in girlfriends so effectively everyone gets his/her own room.

I like B. Am I walking into a trap? The wiser on the board have been here before. What to do?

I'm confused.

Option A has 8 bedrooms, and 16 people

Option B has 6 bedrooms yet everyone gets their own room

I am 20 and have a live in girlfriend and am in college, I live in a 3 bedroom 3 bathroom house and enjoy it.

Only thing about living with a girlfriend is if she goes on the lease, and ya'll split, you are screwed, having a live in girlfriend is a pretty big commitment.

My relationship is moving to the next level soon, so that is why I am in the situation I am in, so you have to tread carefully :D

Eh, I'd advise against living with your girl if you're 19 and still in college.

I basically live with her now...it's been good, we have a good relationship. I certainly understand your POV. I'm wary of the potential disaster but at least it's a sort of test run.

I'm confused.

Option A has 8 bedrooms, and 16 people

Option B has 6 bedrooms yet everyone gets their own room

Ah. When I said "two per room" I was referring to the bathroom situation. Sorry.

I am 20 and have a live in girlfriend and am in college, I live in a 3 bedroom 3 bathroom house and enjoy it.

Only thing about living with a girlfriend is if she goes on the lease, and ya'll split, you are screwed, having a live in girlfriend is a pretty big commitment.

My relationship is moving to the next level soon, so that is why I am in the situation I am in, so you have to tread carefully :D

Yeah, that's where I'll be. Would definitely be trouble if we split, but I don't want to avoid a likely good situation because it could potentially be bad. High risk, high reward. I like to cook and she likes to clean. :)

I lived with my girlfriend in college. We started having problems soon after we signed the lease one year. I had nowhere else to go, no money to get a different place, so I cintinued to live there as it got worse and worse and worse. The last few months we were totally broken up. Crying, fighting and recriminations back and forth every goddam night.

Longest year of my LIFE.

Sorry, missed this post. Honestly, I'm not worried about fights and such. I think my top concern is that I don't want to feel like I'm already married. Kinda want that to be a new/exciting experience.

My girlfriend is a teacher, so she goes to work every day, and I go to school, we only see one another after 4pm and on weekends, it makes it easier, it was weird at first, but we have been living together for a year, so it doesn't feel weird anymore.

I basically live with her now...it's been good, we have a good relationship. I certainly understand your POV. I'm wary of the potential disaster but at least it's a sort of test run.

This is why males at the age of 16-23 are the stupidest beings in the universe...yeah, I was one of them. Don't take offense though, its just true and you'll say the same thing when you're my age.

But here's some advice. There is no 'test' run when you move in with a girl. If you aren't married, it will not be the same because there is not the same level of commitment....we're talking light years away. Engaged is one thing. But girlfriend?! You might as well break up now because the chances you will get sick of each other or she is going to mistrust you because you don't have the commitment to endure it. It's very rare when things like that work out for the better. :2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents::2cents:

Archived