Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Daily Examiner: And Now for Some Potentially Bad News in Philadelphia Sports

RIDETHEWALRUS

http://www.phillymag.com/blogs/philly/2007/10/03/and-now-for-some-potentially-bad-news-in-philadelphia-sports/

And Now for Some Potentially Bad News in Philadelphia Sports …

andyreid.jpgIt’s been a constant rumor all year, but after Sunday night’s loss to the Giants, sources close to Andy Reid and the team say there’s a strong possibility Reid may get off the sidelines sooner than expected. All year, Reid’s family troubles have been taking a noticeable toll, and many of his players are biding their time until Big Red makes an announcement. With Marty Mornhinweg already assuming much of the offense, Reid’s a lame-duck coach at this point, just poking around on the sidelines to keep his mind off of his woes. The likely scenario is inserting Mornhinweg in the coach’s seat so Reid can ride out the rest of his contract as Executive Vice President of Football Operations, leaving him more time with his fractured family.

Looks like things are circling the drain up in filthy.

I agree, but I don't know what he can do to get his kids straightened out. It's not like they are kids, they are adults (in a purely age based respect), it is probably out of his hands now.

Well, I wouldn't realy call their behavior adult-like. So maybe there is a chance he can still connect with them and get them on the straight and narrow.

AT this point, I want him to stay coaching.

He was holding the clipboard on Sun night, so I have to think he was calling plays to start the game. Well, that's great, because he was doing a suck job.

So stay in Philly, destroy the Eagles with poor coaching, and let less talented teams beat you. I'm all for it.

AT this point, I want him to stay coaching.

He was holding the clipboard on Sun night, so I have to think he was calling plays to start the game. Well, that's great, because he was doing a suck job.

So stay in Philly, destroy the Eagles with poor coaching, and let less talented teams beat you. I'm all for it.

I've been telling people this since the offseason......Reid should have never coached this season.

He will cop out if the season goes sour..............................................

Pretty sad...the man (father) didn't set his priorities correctly....but after affecting the team....Sad..... :doh:

His kids may just say "It's ok Dad....go back and coach...YOUR KIDS don't need you."

There are only two guys who can right this ship.....

Larry Bowa (maybe he can light a fire under McNabb!)

Larry Brown (F*** a week off, they need to PRACTICE! I'm mean we are talking about PRACTICE MAN!)

Uncle Charlie does what no one can do in thirteen years. :laugh:

He should do what he thinks he's right.

As a coach, he's had a fantastic run in Philly.

When Gibbs steps down, if Reid is available...

... well I hope Danny has him at the very top of the list.

And this is coming from someone who hates the Eagles more than any team in the league.

Four NFC Championship games

One Super Bowl appearance

You did well, Andy, but your kids > anything and everything.

Carl Banks made this statement in regards to the Reid situation.

"You can win twenty superbowls...when you walk into your house...it doesn't matter....your just Dad."

Yeah-Reid is just not himself this year for some reason. In years past, he's always had this calm, composed, and stoic demeanor on the sidelines-while Philly fans would gripe like mad at him for not showing any fire, his demeanor nonetheless has spread to his players(no wonder why they always have strong finishes).

I see the contrary this year-he doesn't have a whole lot of calmness and composure on the sidelines. It's not Coughlin-like, but he sure looks like he's losing it nonetheless.

Archived