Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LaRon Landry

mAshparie36

Ok most folks that post on this board are way to critical on our young players. Some people expecting JC to be the next coming of Peyton Manning. It's not going to happen. Realistically, this is his first year starting. Now LaRon? Come on, youngin had 11 tackles(6 solo). He will make mistakes like JC. You totally can't put the blame on him.

Ok most folks that post on this board are way to critical on our young players. Some people expecting JC to be the next coming of Peyton Manning. It's not going to happen. Realistically, this is his first year starting. Now LaRon? Come on, youngin had 11 tackles(6 solo). He will make mistakes like JC. You totally can't put the blame on him.

read my original post. I said i dont blame the game on him, obviously.

Laron wasn't covering Shockey either it was McIntosh
When Shockey went across the formation, it was usually Laron following him.

I think in zone coverage, or when Shockey stayed in to block, he was usually matched up against Rocky, but in man coverage, Laron usually covered him. On a lot of plays, both Rocky AND Laron were covering him, but Shockey still made the catch. :hammer:

He had a few rough moments in the game Sunday, but you can't fault him any more than other players on the defense. I still can't figure out what role he's playing. Preseason I thought he was going to be in the box and blitzing a lot, but now GW seems to be playing the Tampa 2 defense all the time. Landry's gotta do a better job in coverage, Shockey kept catching those deep balls in front him Sunday. I just don't understand why we always have our 2 best athletes playing centerfield every play.

I'm not sure about what everyone else saw but it looked likey Shockey was abusing Fletcher/Rocky most of the evening. Landry played well...and so did Fletch for that matter but I found myself trying to figure out why they didn't lock Landry or Taylor up with Shockey instead of relying on a linebacker. I guess Shockey found the soft spots in that wack azz Tampa 2 and abused it.

Archived