Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ATH: Skins vs Giants

jservs7

On Around The Horn on ESPN, all four agreed the Skins lost the game rather than the Giants winning it. The usual quotes of "no killer instinct", "Gibbs looks lost", "where was Portis" and "let Campbell air it out more" were used. :(

I pretty much agree with them. We'll get it together over the Bye though it was one game.

We won the turnover battle yet lost.

We had 190 yards passing to their 232.

We had 82 yards rushing to their 96.

We had 14 first downs to their 19.

We were 5 of 16 on third downs and they were 9 of 16.

We had 27:02 in time of possession and they had 32:58.

The list goes on...

You're kidding yourself if you think we lost as opposed to the Giants winning. Give the devil his due and man up.

We won the turnover battle yet lost.

We had 190 yards passing to their 232.

We had 82 yards rushing to their 96.

We had 14 first downs to their 19.

We were 5 of 16 on third downs and they were 9 of 16.

We had 27:02 in time of possession and they had 32:58.

The list goes on...

You're kidding yourself if you think we lost as opposed to the Giants winning. Give the devil his due and man up.

They got all those great stats after half time, when we went into prevent mode on D and scared mode on O. If we had any type of winners mentality, we would have stomped the Giants into the ground by blitzing and letting Campbell make plays. Instead we played to not blow the lead and that's exactly what we did. So actually, we aren't kidding ourselves and you need to man up, watch the game over, and come back to explain your comment.

They got all those great stats after half time, when we went into prevent mode on D and scared mode on O. If we had any type of winners mentality, we would have stomped the Giants into the ground by blitzing and letting Campbell make plays. Instead we played to not blow the lead and that's exactly what we did. So actually, we aren't kidding ourselves and you need to man up, watch the game over, and come back to explain your comment.

Last time I checked they don't give victories for half a game. Do you prefer the moral victory or a real victory? Either way they scored more points and they beat us. Not so hard to figure out, even for you.

Last time I checked they don't give victories for half a game. Do you prefer the moral victory or a real victory? Either way they scored more points and they beat us. Not so hard to figure out, even for you.

Seriously what in the world are you talking about?? The whole point of your first statement was that the Giants should get the credit for winning and not us losing. You put the stats out their to back up your point which was irrevelant. The fact of the matter is that we lost the game because we were scared to go for the kill. We dominated the first half because we were aggressive and weren't worried about protecting the win. The coaches lost the game, the Giants didn't win it. Like you said, it's not so hard to figure out, even for you.

Seriously what in the world are you talking about?? The whole point of your first statement was that the Giants should get the credit for winning and not us losing. You put the stats out their to back up your point which was irrevelant. The fact of the matter is that we lost the game because we were scared to go for the kill. We dominated the first half because we were aggressive and weren't worried about protecting the win. The coaches lost the game, the Giants didn't win it. Like you said, it's not so hard to figure out, even for you.

With your logic we must have won. Just to see if I understand your reasoning..We won the first half, they won the second half. That must be a tie... no wait...they have more points. I guess that means as far as the NFL is concerned they won. The bottom line (and I can't make it any simpler for you) is that we lost and they won. I don't like it, but there it is.

With your logic we must have won. Just to see if I understand your reasoning..We won the first half, they won the second half. That must be a tie... no wait...they have more points. I guess that means as far as the NFL is concerned they won. The bottom line (and I can't make it any simpler for you) is that we lost and they won. I don't like it, but there it is.

Ok to see if I understand your reasoning, they won the second half because they are the better team, so they won the game. When in all reality (and other than you) everyone knows we lost the game because of our coaches, not because of the Giants. I don't like the fact that we lost either, but as all of us fans and even the media know, our coaching staff blew the game, not the Giants winning it. Sorry, you are an extreme minority on this view.

Ok to see if I understand your reasoning, they won the second half because they are the better team, so they won the game. When in all reality (and other than you) everyone knows we lost the game because of our coaches, not because of the Giants. I don't like the fact that we lost either, but as all of us fans and even the media know, our coaching staff blew the game, not the Giants winning it. Sorry, you are an extreme minority on this view.

Maybe...but I stand by what I said. In your opinion, Did we beat the Eagles or did they lose? I say we beat them. If we come back in the second half against a team, did we beat them or did they lose. I say we beat them. I don't delude myself.

Hate to jump into what seems to be a really terrific argument but:

We did not dominate the first half. Forget the score at the half, we only had one good drive the first half and that's it. We were never better than the Giants all game, they just came out the 2nd half to try and win and we just stayed the same.

We played no different the second half than we did the first half.

]']Campbell has one of the strongest arms in the league. Santana Moss is one of' date=' if not the fastest WR in the league. He's also the cream of the crop at catching a pass 30+ yards down the field.

Do the math.[/quote']

My thoughts exactly! I remember hearing how Campbell's mindset is if he makes a mistake, he is great about forgetting about that mistake and going on to the next play. I know everyone has a breaking point when it comes to mistakes, but if this was a season for "growth" anyway, why not grow with some deep threat offense and see how Moss and ARE can run with JC's arm.

Im not saying gun it on every play, but only 1-2 deep passes a game to me doesnt make us seem that much of a threat downfield.

Archived