Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs' Blowout Comment

DonkeyTeeth

Guest RideorDieChic

Humbling one self after a win is virtuous and commendable. Humbling during a game is cowardice. Let's not get the two confused.

Is great that Coach Gibbs II is a humble person, but his play calls and decision making during a game CAN NOT reflect HUMBleness. If we want to win, that is.

Humbleness will get him into heaven but it will never get him another Lombardi. [sorry to say]

Why is everybody having such a strong reaction to this one?

You don't plan blowout games. They happen because of flawless execution, opponents' miscues, forced turnovers, favorable official calls, and a little bit of dumb luck. Gibbs hasn't been presented too many of those conditions (especially the execution) together in one game since he came back.

Gibbs was never the one to get in front of the press and say 'we're going to demolish this team.' This crop of Redskins gets way too puffed up with overconfidence at the slightest hint of success or praise from the media. The last thing they need is to get even more of it from their own coaches.

Welcome to todays NFL. You may not plan a blow out, but no one else goes into a prevent defense after going up one touch down. Do you think the Pats would just rest on a two touchdown lead? NOOO. You better get your **** straight cause they are coming down the field again in just a minute like they are behind, and it's that way for the whole game. We could have destroyed them. and should have!

Disagree.

First 4 possessions- 4 passes, 7 runs

Last 2 possessions- 17 passes, 3 runs

Look in the thread stared by TK. It shows play by play.

Yeah, I was wrong about passing much more in the 3rd quarter, but I still don't think it was conservative play calling.

1st two possessions each had 1 run and 2 pass plays before punting. I don't count Jason's scramble as a run play because that was a called pass play.

3rd possession - an end around by Moss, with a Portis run and Campbell pass. I don't consider the end around by Moss as conservative as it has the potential for a big loss. Others may disagree.

4th possesion - 2 runs, with the second resulting in a fumble on the handoff.

Does anyone know how many "blow out" games we have won since JG has been back? I would really be curious. I would define blow out a 3 td's or more.

This is just off the top of my head, so I may be wrong. But I can only think of two. Houston last year, and San Fran the year before.

Wow, I Agree He Has To Get Freaking Fired Up. This Is Not Going To Be A Easy Season. Play Hard, Coach Even Harder. Joe Gibbs Has To Get Fired Up This Season No Time For Being Humble I Won't To Win The Freaking Superbowl. I Hate To See Them Loose. We Will Not Beat Some Of The Better Teams Playing Like Girls Private Parts.

Its Not Just One Game Its A Division Game Dumb Ass. This Game Hurt The Entire Redskins Family. Its Time To Kick Ass.

I'm not making fun of you, bro, but what's with the caps on the first letter of every word? I'm not sure if it was you, but I swear I read a thread in the last week where another poster did the same thing.

I consider "blowouts" to be 17 or more points. Using that as the criteria here are the numbers I've come up with.

Gibbs 1 140 total wins 42 by 17 or more 30% average

Norv/Robiskie 51 total wins 11 by 17 or more 21.6%

Gibbs 2 24 total wins 3 by 17 or more 12.5%

OUCH!!

That really says alot. I wonder how much we pumped up other team's stats during the Spurrier era! :laugh:

Its Not Just One Game Its A Division Game Dumb Ass. This Game Hurt The Entire Redskins Family. Its Time To Kick Ass.

Hey hey. Family channel here. That and we don't do that name calling thing. It definitely loses something in the translation. That and the rules say so. We now take you back you your regularly scheduled Monday rant thread.

The problem is that the killer instinct just isn't there any more. The man is painfully timid these days. It seem like he's so petrified of losing that he can't stomach the idea of a long bomb that might result in a turnover, he'd rather run three times and punt. This is not a coaching staff that can smell the blood in the water and step on an opponent's throat.

OUCH!!

That really says alot. I wonder how much we pumped up other team's stats during the Spurrier era! :laugh:

Funny you should ask. :silly:

Blowout losses

Gibbs 1

15 of 65 were by 17 or more 23.1%

Norv/Robiskie

14 of 62 22.6%

Spurrier

5 of 21 23.8%

Gibbs 2

4 of 28 14.3%

Under Gibbs 2 we have been in most games. This of course was thanks mostly to the defense.

The whole point is we were blowing them out in the first half. The second half was the all to familiar "We have a lead let's sit on it" playcalling. How many three and outs???

Nine plays fourteen yards before CP fumble. It's as if there wasn't a sense of a need to score until there were five minutes left in the game. Blame it on the players some but the majority of blame goes on the coaches. We have seen this way too many times under Gibbs.

And to say you are not a team to blow someone out with a 14 point halftime lead is ridiculous. Maybe you just have to believe in your players ability to do it. If he gives this attitude to the players what does that do to them?

Archived