Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Revist what Al Suanders Offense is

Isifhan

The only places that KC had an edge on our offensive personel was at tight end and possibly the offensive line those guys in KC were monsters at what they did while Al was there. However at the skill postions it is not even close we have those KC teams buried.

Plus offensive lineman are going to look good when the opposing defense has a little hesitation because they have no freaking clue what's going to happen next.

I have complete confidence that if we went 100% pure Saunders, then Bugel is good enough to make it work with his guys.

Let's REVISIT what Al Saunders offense is.

With the skins leading at halftime, the 2nd half play calling was as follows:

24 pass plays out of 31 total plays. 13 pass plays out of 18 total plays before the "time running out" last drive.

We were passing like we were down 21. We were only down by 7!!!

(Oh yeah, that sure does sounds like Gibbs was holding Al back! IMHO, that does sound like an Al Saunders offense and NOT a Joe Gibbs offense!)

I can tell you this, if that was a Joe Gibbs offense, it would be GUT plays until the blue boys bleed!

There are too many backseat coaches on this board who think they know what they're talking about, but in reality, can't hold a candle to Joe Gibbs jock-strap!!!

The fact of the matter is 2/5 of the o-line is decimated and sooner or later the giants would've sniffed that out! When one side of your starting o-line is made of backups that are new to the system... not to mention, the team, YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS!!! Add to that, your star running back sucking oxygen through a tube, that is not a good sign!!!!!

Stop blaming Joe Gibbs for losing a close game! If it were not for Joe Gibbs, we wouldn't even be 2 and 1, YOU PATHETIC BANDWAGON FANS!!!!!

Stop presuming that Gibbs is holding down Saunders. Saunders is running the show! Smashmouth was what was needed in the 2nd half. 24 out of 31 pass plays does not sound like a Joe Gibbs smash-mouth, it sounds more like an Al Saunders offense....REVISITED...(get it right...sheesh!)

And stop saying we have more talent that the Rams and or Chiefs. Where's Hakim, Holt, Bruce, Faulk, Warner? Where's Gonzales, LJohnson, Holmes, Green? That's funny, I could cry!!!

:mad:

We should be blowing teams out, but we're not because Gibbs thinks his team's personality is one that fights hard in a closely fought battle. He's still playing that ancient chess match and trying to win the game by winning the field position battle. But the elite teams in this league employ both, attacking style defenses and offenses.

Yes, mistakes were made by some of the players on the field, but there's no getting around that. Gibbs is wanting the team to share the blame equally, but most of it should be on him. Not that I think we need to play pin the tail on the donkey, but he is holding the progress of this team back. If he is able to see it that way, he will be able to correct it. But if not, he will be leaving D.C. next time, without winning a championship.

The Giants game did not resemble any playbook. How can a 700 page playbook not include a two minute drill? If the rumor is true and the plays are being decided by committee, then we are in for a long season. We cannot execute any type of offensive consistency with the play calling being questioned everytime during crunch situations. We were lucky enough to be in a situation to tie, but somehow we couldn't agree to run one play up the middle. Good call coach, this one is NOT on the players.

The Jumbo package on the goaline is straight up old school redskins. However, when your goaline back who scored on the first half wasn't in and by they have an injured line. The Defense was in the backfield and almost got to betts early. There was no way, that they were going to be successful. They needed to have the offense spread at least three wide so they could may be have a draw. I guess we had a little too much hubris yesterday.

Let's REVISIT what Al Saunders offense is.

With the skins leading at halftime, the 2nd half play calling was as follows:

24 pass plays out of 31 total plays. 13 pass plays out of 18 total plays before the "time running out" last drive.

We were passing like we were down 21. We were only down by 7!!!

(Oh yeah, that sure does sounds like Gibbs was holding Al back! IMHO, that does sound like an Al Saunders offense and NOT a Joe Gibbs offense!)

I can tell you this, if that was a Joe Gibbs offense, it would be GUT plays until the blue boys bleed!

There are too many backseat coaches on this board who think they know what they're talking about, but in reality, can't hold a candle to Joe Gibbs jock-strap!!!

The fact of the matter is 2/5 of the o-line is decimated and sooner or later the giants would've sniffed that out! When one side of your starting o-line is made of backups that are new to the system... not to mention, the team, YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS!!! Add to that, your star running back sucking oxygen through a tube, that is not a good sign!!!!!

Stop blaming Joe Gibbs for losing a close game! If it were not for Joe Gibbs, we wouldn't even be 2 and 1, YOU PATHETIC BANDWAGON FANS!!!!!

Stop presuming that Gibbs is holding down Saunders. Saunders is running the show! Smashmouth was what was needed in the 2nd half. 24 out of 31 pass plays does not sound like a Joe Gibbs smash-mouth, it sounds more like an Al Saunders offense....REVISITED...(get it right...sheesh!)

And stop saying we have more talent that the Rams and or Chiefs. Where's Hakim, Holt, Bruce, Faulk, Warner? Where's Gonzales, LJohnson, Holmes, Green? That's funny, I could cry!!!

:mad:

This post is laughable. How many times does this have to be said? We threw more in the second half only because Campbell was forced to throw every down around the 5:00 minute mark because we were down 7. Prior to that, we were running (with no success) and the passes were screens, dump offs and the like (also with no success). We did not go downfield in the second half until we were down.

I know you don't want to admit that this was all Gibbs, and neither did I, but it is. Gibbs is simply too conservative in today's game. We win some playing this style (usually by the hair of our teeth), but we've lost more during Gibbs II. In my opinion, he needs to let Saunders have complete control of the play calling. Saunders will continue to attack teams after we have a lead, whereas Gibbs simply will not.

This post is laughable. How many times does this have to be said? We threw more in the second half only because Campbell was forced to throw every down around the 5:00 minute mark because we were down 7. Prior to that, we were running (with no success) and the passes were screens, dump offs and the like (also with no success). We did not go downfield in the second half until we were down.

I know you don't want to admit that this was all Gibbs, and neither did I, but it is. Gibbs is simply too conservative in today's game. We win some playing this style (usually by the hair of our teeth), but we've lost more during Gibbs II. In my opinion, he needs to let Saunders have complete control of the play calling. Saunders will continue to attack teams after we have a lead, whereas Gibbs simply will not.

I think you're hitting it right on the head.

People want to know why fans are reacting the way they are today. I think it's because we're getting to the point now where more and more fans are finally losing faith in Gibbs II. Even those who grew up idolizing Gibbs I. Not because of a loss, but because of a serious pattern of just utter nonsense.

Hopefully he makes the changes he needs to make in these two weeks and he gets this turned around. I really hope we're not having this debate again in week 10 or 11.

WHAT is this handcuffing business?

We THREW the ball with the LEAD

how in the **** is that playing scared, not to lose, or not agressive

i dont know what game some of you watched but if we run the ball the 2nd half....chalk up a W

if anything, this game was NOT controlled by Gibbs...we all know it would have been RUN RUN RUN RUNN....and some idiots here are saying in the 3rd and 4th that we did run run pass bs....WHAT WERE YOU WATCHING!!!!

we passed WAY more than we ran in the 2nd half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont know what game some of you watched but if we run the ball the 2nd half....chalk up a W

if anything, this game was NOT controlled by Gibbs...we all know it would have been RUN RUN RUN RUNN....and some idiots here are saying in the 3rd and 4th that we did run run pass bs....WHAT WERE YOU WATCHING!!!!

Pathetic -2 yard screens don't count. Add those to the run column.

No, not while we had the lead. Most of the first and second down passes were after we were tied and then definitely when we were behind.

And the predictability was unmistakable. It's fun to watch Saunders call plays, you can sit in the stands and have no idea where the ball is going next.

The second half was not like that until we lost the lead.

When Saunders wanted to pass, Gibbs made him call safe passes, which had little chance of yielding a big play.

WHY DON'T YOU READ MY ENTIRE POST?

It states that we passed way more even BEFORE we were down! We were passing like crazy in the 2nd half like we were way behind! It looked like we abandoned the run altogether.

Back in 92 when the Skins played Denny Green's Vikings during the playoffs, Gibbs's Skins had the lead and ran the ball on EVERY down mauling the Vikings into submission prompting Dan Dierdorf to say "that's surgery without an anesthetic, talk about doting the i's and crossing the t's." That's Joe Gibbs football!

Yesterday's game was no Joe Gibbs football! Not even close!!!

Or we to blame Gibbs for the 21 point scored by the Giants in the 2nd half?

for the secondary for giving up 3rd down after 3rd down?

for Shockey being open?

for Burress being open?

for the Portis fumble?

for Sellars not catching the football?

for Campbell overthrowing Moss?

for my flat-tasting freaking Budlight?

FIRE THE LOSER!

Clearly, the offense' ability not to stay on field tired out the defense allowing for more opportunistic plays by the giants, and I do feel Saunders is calling the plays but up to a certain extent in which gibbs will give his say at a 14pt lead moment and goal line where he feels its most important for him to step in. But when saunders calls plays the 80yds before red zone it can be exciting with shovel passes and sellers runs!

PLEASE LET SAUNDERS CALL PLAYS WHEN IT MATTERS

REDSKINS COACHING STAFF= too many chiefs not enough indians

Or we to blame Gibbs for the 21 point scored by the Giants in the 2nd half?

for the secondary for giving up 3rd down after 3rd down?

for Shockey being open?

for Burress being open?

for the Portis fumble?

for Sellars not catching the football?

for Campbell overthrowing Moss?

for my flat-tasting freaking Budlight?

FIRE THE LOSER!

dude, we ran 6 plays in the 3rd quarter. stop blaming the defense, our offense couldnt keep them off the field, not to mention gregg williams decided it was time for his 2007 pattented prevent cushion defense.

i suggest you revisit just what the playcalls were before we were down. i can do it for you:

up by 7 points

portis for 3 yards

incomplete to moss (deep)

incomplete to moss (short)

punt

up by 7 still

short pass to portis for -4 yards

portis for 8 yards

failed pass play, campbell scrambles for 2 yards

punt

tied

reverse to moss for 2 yards

portis for 3 yards

incomplete to portis (short)

punt

still tied

portis for 1 yard

campbell fumbled handoff to portis, recovered by giants

so, with a 7 point lead or tied, we ran

6 running plays

5 passing plays (all short but one)

11 plays, all short gains, none taking shots down the field. does that look like an attacking offense to you? that looks like a "lets get 3.5 yards a play and just drain the clock". i didnt see any attack. that is a prevent offense, and it failed miserably. not until we gave up 21 unanswered did we start airing it out.

dude, we ran 6 plays in the 3rd quarter. stop blaming the defense, our offense couldnt keep them off the field, not to mention gregg williams decided it was time for his 2007 pattented prevent cushion defense.

i suggest you revisit just what the playcalls were before we were down. i can do it for you:

up by 7 points

portis for 3 yards

incomplete to moss (deep) PASS

incomplete to moss (short) PASS

punt

up by 7 still

short pass to portis for -4 yards PASS

portis for 8 yards

failed pass play, campbell scrambles for 2 yards PASS

punt

tied

reverse to moss for 2 yards

portis for 3 yards

incomplete to portis (short) PASS

punt

still tied

portis for 1 yard

campbell fumbled handoff to portis, recovered by giants

so, with a 7 point lead or tied, we ran

6 running plays

5 passing plays (all short but one)

11 plays, all short gains, none taking shots down the field. does that look like an attacking offense to you? that looks like a "lets get 3.5 yards a play and just drain the clock". i didnt see any attack. that is a prevent offense, and it failed miserably. not until we gave up 21 unanswered did we start airing it out.

You conveniently left out the next series, which were ALL passes! :doh:

Why don't you go back and list the entire 2nd half?!?

First 2 series of the 2nd half out of the gate? 4 passes, 2 runs?

BTW, we were gaining pretty good yardage on the run plays!

Based on your "recap":

In first 2 series of the 2nd half:

PASS PLAYS = 4 = -2 yards (that's negative 2 yards!)

RUN PLAYS = 2 = 11 yards

Yup! We do need more of that PASSING!

:rolleyes:

Negative yardage on 4 straight passing plays? I'm sorry, but that ain't coaching!

And some say Gibbs wanted to sit on the lead?

Notice that we barely ran any time off the clock with those 4 failed passes thereby tiring out our D and stopping the clock for the Giants!

Now, tell me that's Joe Gibbs? Joe Gibbs would be milking that clock! Sounds more like Al Saunders and his "vaunted" passing attack!

Enough of the nonsense!

Archived