Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Revist what Al Suanders Offense is

Isifhan

Naturally, it didn't thrill me to hear that we might have given up multiple picks for Auburn's second most accurate passer.

Well hopefully he gets his completion % up to 60ish eventually. I don't want to think that we could have had better results by just keeping Ramsey around.

I need to agree with that. Jason hasn't been very accurate. Who knows, maybe he's just a little nervous. If his completion % hovers around 50% after this season is over, it's time to look for a different quarterback.

ah no.. Typical redskins fan.. No patience.. he is 4-6 as a starter. Let him learn one of the hardest offenses in the league.. It was GIbbs who shouldve gotten a offensive coordinator that system is easy to learn like Norv Turner, Sean Payton and etc.

You can say whatever you want about Al Saunders, but he WAS the best year in and year out before he got here, and he will be the best when he leaves here. Why you go out and get him when you arent going to let him do your thing ill never understand.

We have the talent, we have the coaching staff CAPABLE of being a great team. What we need is two things. Confidence, and a HC willing to give the go-ahead and let people do what they do best.

We have as much talent on offense as any team in the league. A pro-bowl back in Portis, a legitimate starter in Betts, a pro-bowl TE in Cooley, a Pro-bowl reciever in Moss, and a great #2 threat in Randle El. JC isnt half bad either. The talent is there.

The accuracy issue was evident last year, so the offseason work on his mechanics probably isn't to blame.

College stats can be deceiving. On a telecast of an Auburn game in 2005, one of Auburn's coaches was quoted comparing Jason to his replacement. He thought Jason was the better athlete, but his replacement was the more accurate passer.

Naturally, it didn't thrill me to hear that we might have given up multiple picks for Auburn's second most accurate passer.

So which part of his stats was deceiving? He wasn't dinking and dunking the whole season to get an almost 70% comp rate. He had about a 14.4 yard per throw average over the season. 2700 yards passing, 20 TDs, 7 INTs. Who was this coach that was saying his replacement is more accurate? I'm assuming they mean Brandon Cox...who is barely over 50% so far this year and has 3TDs to 6 INTs. Last year I think he got close to 60%. Doesn't exactly sound like he is on his way to usurping Campbell as the all time Auburn leader for comp % over a career any time soon.

this was actually worth reading. really put the pieces to a picture... gibbs will not sit on this game tho. gibbs is a smart man. he will start to realize its not a 2 quarter game. we have to play all four quarters. he said he kicked that field goal in in OT against Miami on first down cause he remembers what happened last yr. we kept getting penalties and move out of fg position. do we really think gibbs will be sitting on leads now on? we believe in gibbs, we believe his attacking mentality will change.. we will go into a winning streak come playoff time. believe that! Hail

We should play like were down 7 with 3 minutes to go every series. Forget this smash mouth crap. Defenses are too big and fast today to smash mouth. Three of our linemen are out because of it. Attack and keep them on their heels is the only way to play. I'd rather lose attacking than lose like we did last week.

So which part of his stats was deceiving? He wasn't dinking and dunking the whole season to get an almost 70% comp rate. He had about a 14.4 yard per throw average over the season. 2700 yards passing, 20 TDs, 7 INTs. Who was this coach that was saying his replacement is more accurate? I'm assuming they mean Brandon Cox...who is barely over 50% so far this year and has 3TDs to 6 INTs. Last year I think he got close to 60%. Doesn't exactly sound like he is on his way to usurping Campbell as the all time Auburn leader for comp % over a career any time soon.

In order to measure something statistically, it must first be isolated from other factors. The completion percentage isn't a worthwhile stat for measuring a QB's accuracy because several factors are involved unrelated to passing accuracy. It's a more reliable stat in the pros than in college because of parity in the NFL, but it's still not worth much.

In order to measure something statistically, it must first be isolated from other factors. The completion percentage isn't a worthwhile stat for measuring a QB's accuracy because several factors are involved unrelated to passing accuracy. It's a more reliable stat in the pros than in college because of parity in the NFL, but it's still not worth much.

True, Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams and probably a few more of their offensive players were drafted the same year as Campbell.

That other QB is probably playing with a bunch of rooks.

If it isn't as reliable a stat in college then why is that one of the big things scouts look for in college QBs before the draft? That and number of games started are two of the biggest determining factors as far as success in the NFL (as has been shown statistically).

If it isn't as reliable a stat in college then why is that one of the big things scouts look for in college QBs before the draft? That and number of games started are two of the biggest determining factors as far as success in the NFL (as has been shown statistically).

NFL scouts aren't going to tell anyone their standards for player evaluation. You have no idea what they are and neither do I.

Draftniks are high on those two factors because they think there's a strong statistical correlation. But, a huge factor influencing the completion percentage is the coach -- his scheme and his playcalling. Another strong factor is the surrounding talent -- the protection and the receivers. In college, completion percentages can be overblown when the passer faces several opponents of low quality or it might be unfairly low if the QB plays a very tough schedule.

Common sense alone dictates that this is an unreliable stat to measure passing accuracy.

Archived