Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Radio blacked out on Comcastsportsnet

Johnredskins1

Once again, the stooges at CSN have blacked out a show that shouldn't be. I called CSN and the receptionist gave me the usual speech about being "out of the area" but had no explanation when I told her I've recorded it on my tivo every day since last Tuesday. I have Directv. Awaiting Blondie and others to continue this thread...

John in NC

Once again, the stooges at CSN have blacked out a show that shouldn't be. I called CSN and the receptionist gave me the usual speech about being "out of the area" but had no explanation when I told her I've recorded it on my tivo every day since last Tuesday. I have Directv. Awaiting Blondie and others to continue this thread...

John in NC

Was blacked out here also...First time ever...Makes no sense...And it keeps happening albeit sproadically on pre-game and post-game shows as well. ????

Was blacked out for me today for the first time to.

What the hell is wrong with these people!!??

Why in heck's name would you black out a sports media show? It's not a GAME!?

If it's blacked out Monday, I'm calling. I have DTV and live in Missouri. We are always having blackout problems with Comcast Mid-Atlantic. Last year it was the post-game show. This year it's the pre-game show and now Redskins Radio. What is to profit by blacking out these shows? You can't buy tickets and go to a stadium to see these shows.

It's all VERY frustrating.

Personally, I think that DirecTV should take the blunt of the blame and also be the one to get onto Comcast for it. After all, we buy the package from DTV and Comcast is offered in that package. So, in reality, we are not getting what we paid for from DTV. That's just how I feel about it.

But, like I said, if it's blacked out again on Monday, I'm calling, yet again, to complain. It's getting way old man..way old.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Justin

aka UltimateSkinsFan

(Proud son of a WWII ETO Vet - Member: Greatest Generation)

• 3 weeks later...

Add me to the list with the same issues. What really irks me is sometimes the regularly scheduled ones are blacked out but not the 1am replay, or vice versa.

If I pull up one more hour long recording of blackness on my Tivo I'm gonna scream lol.

Is there really any valid explanation for this? Or is it goping to just take all of us calling and complaining?

Anyone have good contact info for complaining?

Add me to the list with the same issues. What really irks me is sometimes the regularly scheduled ones are blacked out but not the 1am replay' date=' or vice versa.

If I pull up one more hour long recording of blackness on my Tivo I'm gonna scream lol.

Is there really any valid explanation for this? Or is it goping to just take all of us calling and complaining?

Anyone have good contact info for complaining?[/quote']

dude, props on USING the search function.

:cheers:

I had a long conversation with Comcast yesterday.

I had called.......and they called me back. I was in a meeting.....but it was important enough for me to get up and take this call.

YES............IT IS BLACKED OUT FROM NOW ON.

Why?

Well........once they said it was because the NFL would not allow footage being shown.

Yesterday.......it was because we are out of the footprint area.

Hmmmmmm.......I ask. "Why can we see post game show and SportsNite and Rise?"

Well..........uh.......no answer.

I told the person who called me that she was speaking out of both sides of her mouth.

If we were out of the footprint area.........when why can we see the REDSKINS, Ravens, Os, Nats, and Caps on SportsRise. Why can we see post game.

I explained that I thought the rules change on the whim of who ever is in charge.

I did say these things nicely, but I said them.

I said.........why on earth is the REDSKIN PLAYERS CLUB blacked out? It is just a show.......no NFL stuff.

Well.........it violates the rules about other teams areas.

WHAT EVER.

So.......that is the latest.

We talked over 25 minutes.

I dont think anyone there knows what the heck is going on.

Archived