Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Last Two Drafts

Mania

Just a thought, but in the past couple of drafts The Skins have been finding late round gems (i.e. Golston, Montgomery, HB Blades, undrafted Heyer). From 2000 up until the 2006 draft won of the biggest problems was we weren't finding any 2nd day draft picks that would stick on the roster.

Now, I recall changing a couple of the scouts prior to the 2006 draft. I'm not aware of the names, could someone please fill me in on this.

Anyway, the point beings, is I feel our scouting department has improved with these changes.

Our luck has definitely turned in the 2nd day draft production.

But I think a lot of the credit has to go to the coaches. They really turned Montgomery into what he is now, which is quite different from what he was last year. And I have a feeling Heyer would be far less of a talent without Buges.

At least someone has noticed :) At some point you have to recognize that things have certainly gotten better in scouting/drafting department. I'd like to see Blades in there a little bit. Marcus' elbow is causing him to miss tackles. Put the rook in on a couple of packages and see what he's made of. Hell, Heyer did well for himself Sunday what's to say Blades won't have a few tackles? I'd rather use Marcus sparingly and let him get healthy. Sorry, not necessarily what you were talking about but I'm excited about Blades and Monty.

HTTR

it is amazing to tihnk what this team could be with some extra 2nd round picks over the years. granted, those picks went to secure players we currently have.

but the thought of having a 1st and 2nd next year just lights up my day. that is TWO STARTERS. mindblowing. i kind of view the first two rounds as one huge first round now. the skill level in college football is up to the piotn where 2nd rounders are also often immediate impact guys.

hail to a (relatively) full draft

tgijef

it is amazing to tihnk what this team could be with some extra 2nd round picks over the years. granted, those picks went to secure players we currently have.

but the thought of having a 1st and 2nd next year just lights up my day. that is TWO STARTERS. mindblowing. i kind of view the first two rounds as one huge first round now. the skill level in college football is up to the piotn where 2nd rounders are also often immediate impact guys.

hail to a (relatively) full draft

tgijef

Im excited actually...look at the Bills for example...ya ya they are not very good but they got marshawn Lynch and Paul poslusky and both are starters and both are going to be studs in this league

It really bothers me, that the Cowboys have the Browns top pick....they might do really well this year, and have a top five draft pick.

Here's to the Browns playing us in the SB. Yeah right, there's no way the Browns make it to the SB :laugh:

It really bothers me, that the Cowboys have the Browns top pick....they might do really well this year, and have a top five draft pick.

C'mon Brady Quinn! Time to start earning your keep.

In response to the OP, I too think our drafting has improved. And let's hope the FO also starts to realize the longterm benefits of building through the draft.

But enough of this draft talk for now. We've got a season to play!

Archived