Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2nd game of the season

Ricky Ervins

Don't want to rain on anyones parade, but just wanted to point out the fact that we have struggled the second game of the season in the new Gibbs Era (and all 3 games have been against NFC East rivals).

Year 1 we played the giants, and turned the ball over 7 times.

Year 2 we played the cowboys and couldnt do anything for 57 minutes (granted the last 3 minutes were probably the best for me in the history of being a redskin fan)

Year 3 we got killed by the cowboys.

Hopefully the 4th time is the charm!

(Good news is that we always seem to bring it the 3rd game of the season).

P.S. Message from my 13 month old:

1q2w2wwwwwwwwwwwww22

Even she knows the Skins are going to win. See all the "w"!!!!!

This may be the first time I've ever seen a 13 month old predict 14 wins. Gotta love that.

Usually they bring in the trained monkeys or chickens, and I've heard they use groundhogs to predict thing sometimes too.

Back in week 10, the Skins were dominated 27-3 at Lincoln Field by an Eagles team coming off a bye week. Portis broke his hand and the team didn't rush until late in the game. Brunell was the starting quarterback.

This time around, a lot's changed for both teams. Ya know, with all the roster moves for each team and McNugget being healthy again. haha-HEY! I could go for some McNuggets right about now. Or some cereal even! BOOM!

But make no mistake, this is a game the Redskins can win.

At the very least, one that will be much more competitive.

Archived