Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kevin Everett Will Walk Again! (merged)

Commander Adama

The best news of the day. Enough to bring tears to your eyes, on how these players put their bodies and possibly their lives on the line, just for our entertainment. This is a rea passionate sport that we all happen to follow, and get worked up over, but at the end of the day, it's just a football game.

I think this is the story of the year. Regardless of who wins the superbowl. It was horrific to see what happened to him. It is great to hear this and shows God is with each and every one of us.

As a disclaimer - my father-in-law suffered a very similar injury at the beginning of this summer in a motorcycle accident. Luckily, he too came out of the surgery and had some very slight movement in all limbs. It was a miracle for us as well.

While this is amazing news it should not be forgotten right away because they think he may walk again. The amount of work this young man will have to go through and the amount of time it may take before he actually walks again could be years. And even then, he may require an aid such as a walker. There are many other side effects of spinal injuries including inability to control bladder and bowels that often require additional care and nursing until they can be managed by the patient. That too can last months if not years. See, spinal nerves do not heal the way the rest of the nerves in one's body do. Usually they never do. But it sounds like Kevin is wonderfully fortunate not too have damaged his so badly that he is completely or partially paralyzed.

Therefore I hope that everyone continues to keep Kevin in their prayers as this will be a long road aead of him. But amazingly, it is a road with a happy goal in sight which he can aim for, just as we are fortunate to have that goal in sight. My father in law recently made a few steps in a walker (albeit shaky) but such little steps never meant so much to a person.

To Kevin, good luck and keep pushing. Good things happen to good people and you are clearly one of them!

It's not a definate thing yet, but he is having voluntary movement in his arms and legs now, which is a wonderful thing.

His doctor is now optimistic that Kevin will indeed walk again.

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3014742

Great news! Remember people the battle has not been won yet, so continue to keep Kevin in your thoughts and prayers.

Archived