Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

what do we do with brandon lloyd now?

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

It's too early to give up on Lloyd.

Sorry Dan T, but the Redskins have clearly already given up on him. And with good reason. Not only does he not catch the ball, he runs poor routes, gives minimal effort, and does not block. Last year he was a locker room distraction. Lloyd is just another one of those very bad deals this team has made lately.

Casserly made this point on Riggins show today that the Skins can't really cut him this year, but can after June 1 with less cap ramifications. Whether or not Caldwell works out, I fully expect Lloyd to be cut next year after June 1. He's had many opportunities and he just isn't any good. I don't see him having some sort of career boost overnight.

Hail,

H

This with Lloyd having the worst season as a starter ever last year.

Caldwell also had a far better QB than anyone Lloyd had throwing to him and could only manage just over 700 yards. I don't expect him to be any better than Thrash, to be honest.

Jason

You're right, it's not Lloyd's fault his production sucks. It's the QB, the stadium lights, the play calling, the field, defenders holding him and so on.

Hell, I think the reason he slowed up on that route Sunday was because a fan was holding up a "slow down" sign in the stands. Let's blame it on them.

maybe the Skins are thinking about replacing James Thrash next season. :cheers:

I hope that this is wrong! I didn't want to get rid of Thrash the first time...he has a lot of heart and can contribute if he could get onto the field...imo Thrash can outplay Lloyd at the level Lloyd seems to be playing right now.

I'm dissappointed in BL..I thought his workout regimen this off season was a sign of his rededication to the sport and that he would come out firing on all cylinders. I know it's early..and I'm not ready to cut him just yet..but for the love of Jesus and everything holy...he needs to make a play, a catch, stop the INT from occurring...something!

I didn't vote in the poll b/c I'm undecided...I definitely don't think we should cut him..or bench him just yet...maybe make him work for his spot on the field. DANG IT...it's frustrating watching him w/all that talent he "supposedly" has and we get diddly every game.

Actually, careerwise, Lloyd has better stats with one less year in the league.

That's why I find it laughable that people are instantly pasting Caldwell into the 3rd spot. He's a depth guy.

Jason

Because Caldwell actually improved and was one of Brady's main targets last year. He got caught up in a numbers game in NE.

Lloyd hasnt gotten a real chance here. He is a DEEP THREAT and we have thrown deep to him all of 5 times since he has been here. We had been passing 3 yrd passes to him last year and he was just getting creamed. I can see why he is angry, because we are trying to make him something he is not. And um oops we already had 2 players just like him already Moss and ARE. Another questionable FO move. But he is accepting the short yards role it seems by bulking up ALOT this offseason so I want him to get some more chances.... DEEP though. He is a number 2 guy on a team with a big number 1, but oops we dont have anyone taller than 6'. On that INT he was covered and JC maybe should have thrown that away or at least outside, not inside towards the defender. That was not a good throw but it seems no one is willing to say it. Its just so easy to bash Xmas now.

Archived