• NFC Wild Cards: Washington, Philadelphia

• AFC Division winners: San Diego, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, New England

• AFC Wild Cards: Denver, Tennessee

• Super Bowl: New England over New Orleans

• Offensive Rookie of the Year: Adrian Peterson

• Defensive Rookie of the Year: LaRon Landry

• Coach of the Year: Joe Gibbs

• Most Valuable Player: Drew Brees

Predictions like this have just as much weight as me doing the same thing in USAToday. Wouldn't call this guy an expert by any means, I'm on Yahoo Sports all the time and I've never heard of him. Either he doesn't write many articles or just none that are memorable by any stretch of the mind.

Nevertheless, I do like the predictions. Dallas winning the division is a bold statement, though.

Predictions like this have just as much weight as me doing the same thing in USAToday. Wouldn't call this guy an expert by any means, I'm on Yahoo Sports all the time and I've never heard of him. Either he doesn't write many articles or just none that are memorable by any stretch of the mind.

Nevertheless, I do like the predictions. Dallas winning the division is a bold statement, though.

He used to be a lead NFL writer for SI before going to Yahoo a few weeks back. He usually knows his stuff.

I went back and read through the entire article again, then tried to read up on some of his past writings. This guy is constantly getting grilled by readers who send him hate mail, then he fires back with a normally lame response.

Not impressed. Why would you post emails from people calling you a moron and a tool and everything else? Just makes me wonder how many people dislike Silver's writing and views, and are actually passionate enough to take the time to write him just to say how much he sucks (Howard Stern's 'Private Parts' comes to mind). I read these articles and on more than a few occasions I found myself agreeing with many of the email responses. Yeeeeesh!

I went back and read through the entire article again, then tried to read up on some of his past writings. This guy is constantly getting grilled by readers who send him hate mail, then he fires back with a normally lame response.

Not impressed. Why would you post emails from people calling you a moron and a tool and everything else? Just makes me wonder how many people dislike Silver's writing and views, and are actually passionate enough to take the time to write him just to say how much he sucks (Howard Stern's 'Private Parts' comes to mind). I read these articles and on more than a few occasions I found myself agreeing with many of the email responses. Yeeeeesh!

I used to love reading the "Trippin on E(mail)" section (his hate mail).

Thought they were hilarious, he works from home in SoCal and was paid to go to and report NFL games - he doesnt care what people have to say.

Archived