Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is the deal with the Cowboys coaching staff?. . .

mcarey032

I have been watching the NFL Network today and repeatedly I have seen the news that Asst Coach Wade Wilson was suspended for violating the leagues human growth hormone policy? What the heck are they doing down there in Dallas? It is crazy.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/printedition/cs-haugh-onbear02sep02,1,5361652.story?coll=cs-sports-print

Apparently no evidence that he even attempted to supply players with the HGH. But for a longtime player/coach, "I didn't know it was illegal" is ludicrous. How the Cowpukes can possibly keep this guy on staff and tell the players with a straight face to avoid illegal drugs is beyind me.

Taking banned substances must be part of Dallas' contracts.

One question though, when they test a urine sample, can they test for drugs and steroids with the same sample, because then I understand how he got caught. I don't understand why the league would suspend someone for taking steroids when that person has absolutely no effect on the physical aspect of the game.

One question though, when they test a urine sample, can they test for drugs and steroids with the same sample, because then I understand how he got caught. I don't understand why the league would suspend someone for taking steroids when that person has absolutely no effect on the physical aspect of the game.

First, this happened while he was in Chicago.

Second, I don't think coaches have to take urine samples, I think both he and Rodney Harrison's name showed up on a list for a company that was raided by the Feds, the NFL asked them both, and they admitted it.

Third, I'm no doctor, but I can't see how steroids will help with diabetes, but I also don't understand the suspension, unless the league just wanted to send a message, or believed he supplied it to players, which would lead to an investigation.

Wilson learned of the problem in the spring, then recently met with Goodell before getting the word Friday night of the commissioner's sentence, which he was "taken aback" by the severity of the punishment.

"I was taking a legitimate product for a legitimate reason," Wilson insisted.

Geesh, it's not as if Wilson was taking the banned substance to help him perform. He hasn't played the game since the 1999 season. And it's not as if he took the banned substance to help him coach or to be able to stay up later at night so he might work longer than the normal Joe. And it's not as if the league is accusing him of buying the substance for someone else.

Wilson was just trying something somewhat outside the box to control his diabetes, and this particular product he nor the league named was supposed to alleviate some of his symptomatic problems, like lowering his rising blood pressure, help him sleep better, lower stress, raise his energy, aid his kidney function and help his vision, which he said began deteriorating to the point of needing laser surgery last fall for hemorrhaging in his eyes.

In fact, Wilson said he "disposed" of the substance even before the investigation began because he no longer could control his blood sugars - "They were all over the map," he said.

Link

But hey if you want to jump him before you know the whole truth go ahead.

Link

I don't think anyone here is demonizing him for taking steroids, he's a coach so I could honestly care less if he's doping, but it is pretty funny. Imagine if a 'Skins coach got suspended for this, what would Dallas fans be saying?

Bottom line, a puke coach is suspended for violating a league policy. - :whippin:

Just add to the list of distractions facing the pukes opening few games. - :thud:

I wonder what the next problem/issue will be next?

In the meantime - :munchout:

Dudes, leave the guy alone. He has a chronic disease. Not like he was trying to get high or improve his performance. I think its a stupid move by the league, and will just tick people off. It should tick us off too.

Have flippin' heart.

From what I have heard on the news is that he is being investigated to see if he did give it too players. I personally think it would be great if he did. Imagine the federal ad campaign.

Don't use HGH, Not worth the risk.

(Pictures of the Bears QB's)

These guys did it and they still suck.

Or something like that

I am no doctor but I have never heard of HGH for diabetes, I have heard of insulin. Besides if it was for medical purposes he would have a subscription I would think.

I read somewhere a couple months ago that Michael Vick said he didn't have anything to do with dog fighting. A lot of people jumped to conclusions on that to and boy did they look dumb when the real truth came out and he was exonerated. Oh, wait.............................

From what I have heard on the news is that he is being investigated to see if he did give it too players. I personally think it would be great if he did. Imagine the federal ad campaign.

Don't use HGH, Not worth the risk.

(Pictures of the Bears QB's)

These guys did it and they still suck.

Or something like that

I am no doctor but I have never heard of HGH for diabetes, I have heard of insulin. Besides if it was for medical purposes he would have a subscription I would think.

weird what I read was the NFL already determined he was telling the truth and did not give it to any bears players.

As for a prescription google diabetes HGH and you will see some studies, but doctors are hesitant to prescribe it which could be why he used an internet doctor for the script

weird what I read was the NFL already determined he was telling the truth and did not give it to any bears players.

As for a prescription google diabetes HGH and you will see some studies, but doctors are hesitant to prescribe it which could be why he used an internet doctor for the script

Well then great for him, I still find the excuse a bit lame. He could have always found a doctor to get the script. :2cents:

So we are to believe that he decided to self medicate without letting his personal physician know about it? Is he really that stupid? Reading the reports he's had some fairly serious issues with diabetes which means that he is probably on plenty of drugs already and he doesn't think to consult his physician about possible issues with drug interactions and/or side effects?

Archived