Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Brunell, sign Leftwich and receiver

REDALERT

Not true, but nice try.:laugh:

really? well smarty pants tell us what would be the point of saying that you COULD care less about something? if you could care less that means that you actually care, right? i COULD'T care less means the ONE COULD NOT CARE LESS ABOUT THE SUBJECT. its a common misconception that an 11th grade english teacher SHOULD know. but i guess your students are getting a wal-mart education due to your lack of knowledge.

really? well smarty pants tell us what would be the point of saying that you COULD care less about something? if you could care less that means that you actually care, right? i COULD'T care less means the ONE COULD NOT CARE LESS ABOUT THE SUBJECT. its a common misconception that an 11th grade english teacher SHOULD know. but i guess your students are getting a wal-mart education due to your lack of knowledge.

As someone with a Masters in English, I think I know just a little bit more about the history, nature, and vernacular of the English language. And since my students have gotten the hihgest scores on SAT's and SOL's the past two years in the city of Virginia Beach, I'm guessing their Wal-Mart ed is serving them well.:doh:

As someone with a Masters in English, I think I know just a little bit more about the history, nature, and vernacular of the English language. And since my students have gotten the hihgest scores on SAT's and SOL's the past two years in the city of Virginia Beach, I'm guessing their Wal-Mart ed is serving them well.:doh:

well you are the one that doesnt understand the statement. so i wonder, where did you get that masters, "degrees r us"? here is a suggestion, stop now. it can only get worse for you. you dont have the neccessary mental fortitude. just keep telling yourself that "you could care less" and youll be fine.

well you are the one that doesnt understand the statement. so i wonder, where did you get that masters, "degrees r us"? here is a suggestion, stop now. it can only get worse for you. you dont have the neccessary mental fortitude. just keep telling yourself that "you could care less" and youll be fine.

You have no idea what you are even dealing with. Seriously, there are many phrases, idioms, and sayings in our language that have their meanings misconstrued by the language that is used, but that is part of the developing language and the vernacular of the language. It is something that you could even research on Google. I'm sure you won't, because it will take away your illusion that I am the fool here.

Of course, I'm not sure why I am wasting my time arguing with someone about my specialty, which happens to be the language that he is supposedly a native speaker of, yet he doesn't even know that he is supposed to capitalize the first letter in a sentence and can't even perform proper Elementary punctuation.:doh:

You have no idea what you are even dealing with. Seriously, there are many phrases, idioms, and sayings in our language that have their meanings misconstrued by the language that is used, but that is part of the developing language and the vernacular of the language. It is something that you could even research on Google. I'm sure you won't, because it will take away your illusion that I am the fool here.

Of course, I'm not sure why I am wasting my time arguing with someone about my specialty, which happens to be the language that he is supposedly a native speaker of, yet he doesn't even know that he is supposed to capitalize the first letter in a sentence and can't even perform proper Elementary punctuation.:doh:

im not the one bragging about my masters in english am i tough guy? lets leave it at this.....

you wanted to be the grammar police so you could announce to everyone that you had a masters degree. while making that proclomation you blundered the statement "i couldN'T" care less". i corrected you and ever since your poor ego has suffered because you have the big bad degree and were proven wrong by a guy that cant even be bothered with simple punctuation.

oh, and you like the vernacular.

im not the one bragging about my masters in english am i tough guy? lets leave it at this.....

you wanted to be the grammar police so you could announce to everyone that you had a masters degree. while making that proclomation you blundered the statement "i couldN'T" care less". i corrected you and ever since your poor ego has suffered because you have the big bad degree and were proven wrong by a guy that cant even be bothered with simple punctuation.

oh, and you like the vernacular.

Actually, we'll leave it at this. I could care less about people knowing that I have a Master's Degree. I only pointed that out because you naively thought you were correcting me. You weren't, however, and that is something you can take the time to figure out yourself, or continue to go through life thinking that you are right about this. Either way, it is no sweat off my back.

Actually, we'll leave it at this. I could care less about people knowing that I have a Master's Degree. I only pointed that out because you naively thought you were correcting me. You weren't, however, and that is something you can take the time to figure out yourself, or continue to go through life thinking that you are right about this. Either way, it is no sweat off my back.

really? how much less could you care? since you and your big, bad masters degree are having a comprehension problem im going to have mercy on you. heres a visual...

http://incompetech.com/gallimaufry/care_less.html

Dude, there's a simple solution here - stop correcting grammar mistakes on discussion forums. Truly. As much as it bugs you that people use words incorrectly or have too many items in the "10 items or less" express checkout at your local supermarket, it isn't your responsibility to correct stuff like this. Your comment has led to two pages of "I have a masters degree - I'm smarter than you/Yeah? who cares, buddy!" discussion - was this the intended outcome of your grammar correction?

Why are people painting Leftwich as a troublemaker. He's a gamer. Remember him limping around at Marshall, toughing it out so he could help his team? He's tough and he's got heart. He's ****** because he lost his job to injury, simple as that.

Trust me on this....Lesswith did not lose his job because of injury. He lost his job because he was lazy, unresponsive to any coach's critique and acted like he was entitled to the job no matter how he played.

A better fit for leftwich would be in either atl or kansas city. I know that Baltimore is interested as well. We will see what goes down. I wouldn't mind him coming here, but I would say that because Jason Campbell just got the starting job, I wouldn't want him looking over his shoulder this year. If leftwich were available next year and Campbell did poorly, I would certainly be for bringing him in to push Campbell. For now, my vote is to pass.

Incorrect. I didnt say why anyone would want Brunell. I said why would anyone trade for Brunell huge difference.

And with that post Mark Brunell is no longer next to my name

Congrats! and I mean that.

The sad part is that we need Brunell this year more than any other team but don't need Brunell or Collins next year. Our QB's are either talented and young or experienced and old. After this year, what we really need is a 31-33 year old who has a solid reputation as a backup. Anyone come to mind?

I disagree, Leftwich was having issue's with Del Rio and didn't won't to be in Jacksonville any longer. Further, Del Rio didn't won't leftwich around any longer, don't know the exact details. But Leftwich was doing fine in Jacksonville until his injuries came about, and he felt he was shafted because of that. Also, the offense of talent that was around him wasn't all that great as we think.

But mechanics, I think not. I feel if Leftwich was in a better suited offense, he would flourish. Not to say he's going to be our #1, but if he learns the offense, I would defintely take him. Who do you suggest as our #2 QB for the future (Brunell, Collins)? we need depth at that position as well, and that's why Palmer was drafted if we forgot and Bramlet didn't pan out. But if Bramlet would have panned out, who would have been the odd man out between Collins and Brunell?

Sorry, but I would do it, and it's probably going to happen. Even if we sign Leftwich without trading Brunell. Well see, not positive, but I want to see who's going to sign this guy Leftwich if not the Skins.

I agree. He would be a significant upgrade at QB here.

Archived