Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Brunell, sign Leftwich and receiver

REDALERT

He had major anlkle problems, just had surgery, and was given EVERY chance to make it in Jacksonville. Sign Palmer to practice squad, if he shows development, cut Collins & Brunell next year, draft one more QB.

yeah, thats what we need for backups, a guy that sucks and an untested rookie. brilliant.

Leftwich is way overrated if you ask me. What exactly has he done in Jax. Not to much.....We dont need him...Besides he wants to start and not be a backup. JC is the future of this team. HTTR

They're you have it.

Leftwich is a hometown guy with a very strong arm and could probably do better under Al Saunders. Frankly, I think Suanders should be lobbying for this guy as our backup opposed to Brunell and Collins. Further, it would give leftwich time to learn the offense while Campbell's our #1 and Collins our #2.

So, next year we have Leftwich as our #2 QB and a hometown product probably wanting to come back home like myself :D . Also, he would defintely push Campbell to be all he can be and a quality guy if Campbell doesn't work out. Because the truth of the matter is, it's no gurantee Campbell's going to be what we won't him to be. All we can do is hope that Campbell's going to be our franchise QB and very productive. But if not, who do we have in line behind him (Brunell, Collins) for the future and #2 QB, please.

I just think this is a good move to make, along with signing another receiver with that additional open spot still open. Also, we get another draft pick for the Brunell trade as well.

Welcome home Leftwich, that depends on if no one else signs him first.

For the umpteenth time....

Just because a QB is young and has a cannon arm doesn't mean he'll automatically have success here. Just because a player is a hometown guy doesn't guarantee success.

It takes about a season to get comfortable with the offense, Leftwich has never thrown to our receivers before, he had attitude problems when he had to battle for his starting spot, so what makes anyone think he's going to be comfortable in a back-up role here?

Wherever Leftwich goes, it will be to a team where he has a viable shot at being the starter. With all the praise of JC, and how he's looked leading up to this season, Leftwich doesn't really have a shot at starter.

Buffalo, Atlanta ( I know they said they weren't interested, but that could be a ploy so his price doesn't rocket up), Detroit could get him to succeed Kitna, Miami is a possibility. In other words, there are other teams out there with a stronger need for him. Also, cap ramifications.

Leftwich sucks.

There you have it.

Link? :D

Also guys before you criticize posters for wanting a new backup (Rattay is my choice then Leftwich SP?), lets remember that is a very good possibility that both MB and TC will probably be gone next year. With this possibility it makes even less sense to say no "it takes a year to learn this offense". If that is true then it is imperative we have a QB that is young, that we know can play on the NFL level, and is better then the known suckedness that is Palmer. It would be wise for the future of the franchise to find one dependable backup this year and then another next year to groom as the developmental if Palmer sucks.

Otherwise we are looking at JC as the starter with Palmer as the second QB just because or two new QB's in a system that "takes a full year to learn".

:2cents:

hrmm , he was cut for a reason, he isnt accurate , he isnt really mobile , and he stays injured ....how we can give our guys a rash of crap for staying hurt and not playing/practicing hurt but want to sign another guy who stays hurt and isnt that great in the first place just blows me away =p

They're you have it.

Leftwich is a hometown guy with a very strong arm and could probably do better under Al Saunders. Frankly, I think Suanders should be lobbying for this guy as our backup opposed to Brunell and Collins. Further, it would give leftwich time to learn the offense while Campbell's our #1 and Collins our #2.

So, next year we have Leftwich as our #2 QB and a hometown product probably wanting to come back home like myself :D . Also, he would defintely push Campbell to be all he can be and a quality guy if Campbell doesn't work out. Because the truth of the matter is, it's no gurantee Campbell's going to be what we won't him to be. All we can do is hope that Campbell's going to be our franchise QB and very productive. But if not, who do we have in line behind him (Brunell, Collins) for the future and #2 QB, please.

I just think this is a good move to make, along with signing another receiver with that additional open spot still open. Also, we get another draft pick for the Brunell trade as well.

Welcome home Leftwich, that depends on if no one else signs him first.

Being in J'ville and seeing all that I need to see of Leftwich it's no wonder that the Jags let him go. Rocket arm, with a mile long delivery, the mobility of a mob victim with cement shoes and a 10 cent head does not make for a good combination for an NFL QB. Leftwich should never were B&G unless in the stands.

doug williams is a joke, he had a mediocre arm at best

Given you are 20 years old how on earth would you know? I guess you may have seen some film but if so I suggest you go back and take another look. Doug was far from a great QB - he had some accuracy issues and zero mobility - but he had a CANNON.

Im not real enamored with Leftwich but since JC isnt exactly a proven commodity I wouldnt mind having him riding the bench behind Todd Collins or God Help Us Brunnell. That way if JC doesnt become the QB we all hope he will be there is at least a QB on the roster with starting experience that isnt ready for social security just yet.

Good idea, lets bring in a young QB to groom him, he will then be a distraction because it hasn't hit him yet, he is a backup quality QB, that is it. He has never shown anything more than the capability to be a backup. He will come in with the expectation he will compete to start, if he doesn't get that, he will become a cancer.

Jason Campbell needs a PROVEN veteran to learn from, not an UNPROVEN veteran who is a locker room cancer.

Let BL go anywhere BUT here. He was never that good anyway.

Here is a list of the QB cuts around the league dated 9.01.07. Any thoughts?

Tim Rattay | # | QB

Tennessee Titans

Height: 6-0 Weight: 200 Age: 30

Born: 3/15/1977 Elyria , OH

College: Louisiana Tech

Experience: 8th season

Gibran Hamdan | #7 | QB

Miami Dolphins

Height: 6-4 Weight: 220 Age: 26

Born: 2/8/1981 San Diego , CA

College: Indiana

Experience: 2nd season

High School: Bishop Dennis J. O'Connell HS [Arlington, VA]

Ken Dorsey | #11 | QB

Cleveland Browns

Height: 6-4 Weight: 220 Age: 26

Born: 4/22/1981 Orinda , CA

College: Miami (Fla.)

Experience: 5th season

High School: Miramonte HS [Orinda, CA

Bryan Randall | #5 | QB

Pittsburgh Steelers

Height: 6-1 Weight: 218 Age: 23

Born: 8/16/1983 Charleston , WV

College: Virginia Tech

Experience: 2nd season

High School: Bruton HS [Willimasburg, VA]

Doug Johnson | #11 | QB

Cincinnati Bengals

Height: 6-2 Weight: 218 Age: 29

Born: 10/27/1977 Gainesville , FL

College: Florida

Experience: 7th season

High School: F.W. Buchholz HS [Gainesville, FL]

Casey Printers | #1 | QB

Kansas City Chiefs

Height: 6-2 Weight: 222 Age: 26

Born: 5/16/1981 DeSoto , TX

College: Florida A&M

Experience: 1st season

Qb's cut on 8.31.07

Lang Campbell | # | QB

Arizona Cardinals

Height: 6-1 Weight: 199 Age: 25

Born: 9/25/1981

College: William & Mary

Shane Boyd | #9 | QB

Arizona Cardinals

Height: 6-1 Weight: 232 Age: 24

Born: 11/18/1982 Fort Huachuca , AZ

College: Kentucky

High School: Henry Clay HS [Lexington, KY]

I think one thing is forgotten in this "sign Leftwich" argument.

Why the hell would Leftwich want to sign with us?

We have a young guy who is the definitive #1 guy for the forseeable future. If he did sign with us, he'd probably never see the field, since he'd be sitting behind Collins. It isn't exactly a job for a guy who wants to be a starter again.

Jason

No...

No...

and, sure.

Brunell is our BEST option at #2

Leftwich is slower than my grandmother. And she's dead.

My guess is there will be a WR, or two, added to the practice squad.

And, there you have it. :D

you make the most sense... we need another WR with hands and can get open

This will not happen for twoooooo reasons.

First, Leftwich would have no interest coming here to be a permanent backup to JC. Especially, when B. L. is still young and capable of being a starter in the league.

Secondly, it takes a long ass time to learn our offense and we already have 3 quarterbacks who have proven to know it. That would make no sense to get rid of one and add one who doesn't.

Also, why would we want to add him when that would just TEMPT us and the coaching staff for future quarterback controversy in a town that already obsesses about it.

Dude, Leftwich is horrible. He was cut by the same coach that drafted him and tried to develop him. He is extremely injury prone, has a slow delivery, and has horrible accuracy.

Brunell is obviously past his prime, but why would we bring in a quarterback that is just as bad but much younger? Makes no sense to me.

Trade away Brunell. But Leftwich is looking for a starting position, not being a backup. Saunders likes Collins unfortunately, so he doesn't want to go out and get another high priced QB.

Leftwhich was cut because he had poor mechanics and a bad attitude. Why do you think the Skins should take on that potential headache? As Gibbs said, arm strength is probably the least important characteristic in a QB.

I'd have to disagree that Lefty had a bad attitude. He wasn't wanted there in Jax from day 1 when Del Rio took over. That's why Del Rio picked up Garrard in his first draft as coach. So Lefty has the right to be a little disgrunteld.

Dude, Leftwich is horrible. He was cut by the same coach that drafted him and tried to develop him. He is extremely injury prone, has a slow delivery, and has horrible accuracy.

He wasn't drafted by DelRio he was drafted by Coughlin. DelRio didn't want him there really anyway that's why he drafted Garrard.

Campbell's development can be attributed to not only his hard work but his environment. He's around two veteran guys, one that knows the system and another that has had post season success over the years. I'd rather Campbell soak up stuff from the vets for now and then bring in a guy next year or the year after to continue to push him.

Leftwich=slow release=not good in Saunder's offense

Sure, he's got a big arm but he's not made for quick precision passing, complicated screen passes, and quick accurate sideline to sideline throwing. I don't like Leftwich nor would I want him on our team :2cents:

Archived