Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Suisham = Stover of 2000? (as far as role...) Merged

[S.S.F. | Nero]

I honestly think Shaun has the talent to be a reliable kicker for a long time, but I do not think our defense is championship caliber at this point. The difference between our defense and the 2000 Baltimore Ravens (aside from a huge talent disparity) is that, as on poster mentioned, we are a great bend-but-don't-break defense. We need to cause more turnovers and pressure the QB a whole lot more to rely solely on our kicker. Hopefully our offense will mesh in the coming weeks, and Suisham can play a more Adam Vinatieri type role ;).

• 1 month later...
Before we champion this guy our next kicker for years to come, lets see him make a few PRESSURE kicks, there are some many guys that can hit with 100% accuracy from anywhere on the field in practice, but who choke when under pressure (Neil Rackers)

actually rackers very rarily misses when under pressure we lucked out

Have we finally found our Kicker? He's 12 for 15 and hit 2 game winners this year already. Havent had any kicks blocked, havent lost any games on a field goal attempt.

He's 14 for 14 on Extra Point attempts.

He hit 5 field goals yesterday, and they were from all over the field, not all of them were straight on, or from the same distances. Longest being 46 yards in OT for the win.

In an era where we shuffled kickers as often as we shuffled QBs, it's nice to have a kicker who seems to be somewhat consistant.

Give Shaun Suisham his props for his play against the Jets. He has been inconsistant the past few weeks but he was 5/5 including the over-time game winner! He looks like he could really pan out to be a long-term solution for the Redskins kicking position. :applause:

The only thing he really needs to work on is his kickoff yardage, but he did give the Jets a touchback on one of the kickoffs.

;not only did he win this game but he also earned 19.0 fantasy pnts and took my fantasy team to 8-1 along with ARE, campbell, and our D

i have:

Campbell

Addai

ARE

owen daniels

kevin curtis

McGahee

Suisham

and skins D! mostly skins and they take me to 8-1...so skins are doing something right if our starters are scoring fantasy pnts.

bench i have:

mcnair

Betts

kenton kieth

A. peterson (bears)

L.Coles

and the pats D

Think the team has more pressing offensive worries without Shaun Suisham being in the mix. He played his part in the NY win. Thats his job. I'm kinda glad we don't need to be looking at replacing kickers and punters halfway through the season like in the past.

We want a WR Touchdown!!!

SS is the man. i loved his post game interview. he seems like a true competitor. i love how our kicker and punter both seem like real football players

I liked his post game interview as well...seemed like a sincerely good guy, and loved how he kept saying the OT field goal was just another kick, didn't bother him, everything inside the 50 you pretty much kick the same way, the press was making more of the situation than there was, etc, etc...

And both him and Frost will take you OUT if they have to lol :laugh:...they seem as enthusiastic about tackling as Portis is about blocking.

Archived