Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

KC Joyner's chat raided by 'Skins fans!

lavar1156

Let's find this guy Al from DC who's not a Skins fan, and then let's have at him with some Louisville sluggers!

I am down with that.. Someone use a traditional wooden bat.. I will use a Sammy Sosa corked bat until it breaks, then it will be time to break out The old Sam Snead 2 iron:silly:

:dallasuck

"And a better overall secondary"

That's just not correct. He faults us for having Rogers?!?

If he's our worst guy, he is still light years ahead of the worst guy in Dallas' secondary.

And what about our depth off the bench? Macklin, Prioleau, etc?

Please. They have the nasty D-line but our secondary has the clear edge top to bottom.

If you look at Football Scientist 2007, you'll see that Rogers is rated one of the worst cornerbacks in all of football last year.

If you look at Football Scientist 2007, you'll see that Rogers is rated one of the worst cornerbacks in all of football last year.

His poor ranking is likely due to the fact he dropped 6 interceptions. If he holds on to half of those he would likely jump significantly in his rating. Hopefully he holds those surefire INTs this year.

More importantly however is the fact that Joyner doesn't quite seem to understand what conference the cowpukes play in. The puke secondary is far worse because their safeties cannot cover to save their lives and every NFC East team has a very good to outstanding TE going out to catch passes. The cowpukes will be desperate for pressure from their DL, because that will be the only way to keep the TEs from running routes and exploiting their terrible safeties.

His poor ranking is likely due to the fact he dropped 6 interceptions. If he holds on to half of those he would likely jump significantly in his rating. Hopefully he holds those surefire INTs this year.

More importantly however is the fact that Joyner doesn't quite seem to understand what conference the cowpukes play in. The puke secondary is far worse because their safeties cannot cover to save their lives and every NFC East team has a very good to outstanding TE going out to catch passes. The cowpukes will be desperate for pressure from their DL, because that will be the only way to keep the TEs from running routes and exploiting their terrible safeties.

From the Campbell interview:

SkinsTillIDie

Can you throw Carlos Rogers some extra passes sometime after practice and help him with his hands?

Jason Campbell

I tried to do that with Carlos when I was at Auburn. But, right now he’s a professional so I kind of leave him alone. At the same time I think you’ll see a great improvement from Carlos this year from that standpoint. People didn’t understand he has had that broken thumb on his hand before so that can also have an effect. He’s had time to recover now so I expect to see a lot more out of him this year.

While I think it's silly to suggest Dallas has a stronger secondary, I find that quote hilarious when faced with the Carlos Rogers jockers on this board.

I'm not sure if I can be considered a Rogers jocker or not, but I certainly think he's better than Anthony Henry. Newman is better than springs, Taylor is better than Hamlin, and as of now, Williams is better than Landry. so its 50/50 right now, but if Landry plays as well as he has been during the season, he could be better than Williams.

For those that don't want to weed through all that.

Mike (Annapolis): KC - how about answering a question about the one major trade (involving starters) that went down today? Is Pete Kendall a good fit for the Redskins?

sn2.gifKC Joyner: (4:23 PM ET ) I've had a ton of Pete Kendall questions, so I guess I'd better weigh in on him. My take on Kendall is that he won't need to be a world beater to do well with Washington. The Skins have one of the best O lines in the NFL, especially from a run blocking standpoint, so Kendall will simply need to fit in. He's more than capable of that if he stays healthy.

Mr. Christopher (Buffalo): Judging from your comments regarding the Skins O-line, it seems those criticizing the Bills for signing D. Dockery are off base.

sn2.gifKC Joyner: (4:28 PM ET ) Mr. Christopher, I'm of the mindset that the Buffalo personnel department did a pretty good job in dealing with all of their personnel issues this offseason.

RYAN (TEXAS): "HAIL TO THE REDSKINS......HAIL VICTORY....BRAVES ON THE WARPATH......FIGHT!.....FOR 'OL D.C."!!!!.......YOU THINK THERE'S A CHANCE WE CAN HEAR THAT SONG PLAYED AT THE SUPER BOWL IN '08??

sn2.gifKC Joyner: (4:32 PM ET ) Only if you bring a portable soundsystem and play it in the parking lot before the game, Ryan!

RYAN (TEXAS): REDSKINS

sn2.gifKC Joyner: (4:33 PM ET ) And I meant that in a good way, Ryan!

Ed (Baltimore): You say the cowboys can make a run at the super bowl? What do they have the 'Skins dont?

sn2.gifKC Joyner: (4:41 PM ET ) A much better group of WRs for one. A D line that can generate a pass rush. And a better overall secondary. I like a lot things about the Skins but they simply aren't as deep in talent as Dallas or Philly.

Rob (Ashburn): Dallas has a better overall secondary than Washington? That can't be right.

sn2.gifKC Joyner: (4:43 PM ET ) Rob, don't forget that Washington does have Carlos Rogers in their secondary. On the plus side, if LaRon Landry does play well, I'd grade their secondaries a push.

Adam (Columbus OH): Think the NFC East can sneak three teams into the playoffs again? If so who's on the outside looking in?

sn2.gifKC Joyner: (4:48 PM ET ) That's a tough call, Adam. I'd say Washington could be on the outside if Campbell progresses and the WRs step up.

Greensboro, NC: "I'd say Washington could be on the outside if Campbell progresses and the WRs step up." That doesn't make sence. Can you clear that up...

sn2.gifKC Joyner: (4:52 PM ET ) The question was which team would be on the outside of the playoffs in the NFC East. I meant that to say that Washington has a good chance to beat out the Giants if Campbell and WRs do well. They won't be quite good enough to get into the tourney, though.

Ben ( Chicago ): You would take T.O., old and injured Glenn, Crayton and whatever #4 receiver for Dallas over Moss, Randle El, Lloyd, and Thrash or another Skins #4 receiver?

sn2.gifKC Joyner: (4:54 PM ET ) Ben, you are kidding, right? Lloyd had awful metrics last year and Randle El's metrics were even worse. Glenn had great metrics and Owens is still just about as good as he ever was. It's no contest at the WR position between Dallas and Washington.

Johnny(Queens): KC, Dont you think with the addition of Pete Kendall now the Redskind O-line look really good especially on paper? They have Chris Samuels, Pete Kendall, Randy Thomas, Jon Jansen, Jason Fabini ETC..?

sn2.gifKC Joyner: (4:57 PM ET ) Johnny, I would have said the Skins had one of the best O lines in the NFL before Kendall was added. If Washington is going to win a lot of games this year, it will have to be on the strength of their O line.

al (DC): DC-native but not a Skins fan, their fans in their tunnel vision of the NFL are like Yankees and Sox fan -- Brandon Lloyd is horrible and so is Rnadle El...I have a more philosophic Q for you KC. The balance of power shifts in the NFL from year to year, does that make (in fantasy terms) focusing on the match-ups a little riskier?

sn2.gifKC Joyner: (5:00 PM ET ) Al, when it comes to grading fantasy players based on matchups, it really boils down to if the teams are going to target the matchups. Some teams don't necessarily target the matchups but more than enough do to give the matchup based system a good track record.

Mikey(Lackawanna,NY): Do you think RB Clinton Portis would be a good fantasy football pickup with his solid O-Line?

sn2.gifKC Joyner: (5:04 PM ET ) Mikey, I like Portis in that the Skins O line is that good (it seems like every question today is a Washington one). Having said that, Portis is starting to show signs of wear, so I would be careful not to overvalue him. Well, I hate to cut it short this early but I've got to hit the road. I hope to see everyone next week!

There all the Skins Questions.

1. So let me get this straight the Skins have one of the best O-Lines in football before this trade, and that Dock either wasn't as much of a loss, or at least wasn't an important one.

2. Dallas Receivers better? TO Drops a lot of balls, and so does Glenn, their Defense was beat up last year, no guarantee it improves, and we Have Carlos Rogers. I'm going on record now Carlos will have a break out year, and more INTs than Taylor or Springs! Not as Deep at talent, someone's got Star colored Shades on.

Glad someone called him on that. We beat the Giants, but not Dallas. Campbell is light years a better QB than Romo sits to pee, and you can't tell me that is incorrect. The Cowboys may have better wide outs, but their run game isn't that great.

I don't care about the Metrics he's citing though, (as this is a fantasy football metric right?) Moss is better than all the Boys Wideouts hands down.

Cowpuke bias I guess.

His poor ranking was based entirely on his overall success at defending balls thrown to him. He had a lot of balls thrown his way, and his success % was in the 40 range. Someone else exaggerated his cushion, but the guy did give up an observed 9+ yard cushion more than any other receiver in the NFL (nearly double most receivers).

Basically, Carlos didn't demonstrate last year that he has good coverage skills to make this a great defensive secondary. Of course, as I have said repeatedly: I believe his problem last year was more with his head than with his abilities.

I believe he has shown some progress in the opportunities that I've seen him play this preseason. I'm encouraged that he has begun to fix those problems that he had last year.

Or you could take a minute to scan through and find the pieces that interest you.
Actually, if you read the forum rules, it states to NOT copy that much text in a post, but rather just the important/relevant info or just add a link. I'm not trying to be a mod here, that's not my job. I'm just pointing out the rules.:)

Archived