Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why do we keep signing receivers?

BDawkinsSucks

2 reasons:

1) you need practice players in camp. - There are four QB's running drills between now and the first week of September. You need receivers on the other end of those drills.

2) the number 5 WR spot is open and by continuing to bring in receivers, it gives a message to all the guys auditioning that they are currently not cutting it.

2 reasons:

1) you need practice players in camp. - There are four QB's running drills between now and the first week of September. You need receivers on the other end of those drills.

2) the number 5 WR spot is open and by continuing to bring in receivers, it gives a message to all the guys auditioning that they are currently not cutting it.

:applause:

Although I'm not sure you should try to use common sense on a soon to be Ratbird fan.

True fans stay through thick and thin.

We don't need any more receivers! At least not any more mediocre ones.

Todd (alligator arms) Pinkston? Corey Bradford? Who?

If the skins release M. Mason, as a result of holding onto one of these mediocre veteran receivers, I'm going to have to turn into a smelly Ravens fan.

If the skins release M. Mason, as a result of holding onto one of these mediocre veteran receivers, I'm going to have to turn into a smelly Ravens fan.

So you'll do this because they team keeps a couple of mediocre vets and let's a player who hasn't even been around long enough to be even called that? Something amiss here.,(besides, signing doesn't mean keeping. Relax).

I would suspect it has as much to do with injury as anything else. Moss always has a hamstring, Lloyd has been injured lately, and if Randle El got hurt...then we would suddenly be looking for guys all over the darn place. I don't think any of these guys will be starting but we certainly could use a strong 4th receiver...and a guy who leaps into the endzone. Maybe Pinkston fits the bill.

Yeah. We need to get a Houshmandzadeh type to fill the 5th wide receiver spot. Anything less and I'm moving to Dallas.

Bradford and Pinkston are not worthy starters. Fortunately they come here with their best opportunity to make the roster as the No. 4 and No. 5 receiver. Likely given Thrash is safe and we will probably keep the fifth spot for a speedy young guy for teams neither will be here in the end. But, if either is, it's because they earned a spot and that'll be ok too.

It's because the production out of WR #2 ,and #3 are unimpressive. Not saying Bradford or Pinkston are any better... But, I guess it is to serve a wake up call. But, it ain't having an effect. Both, Randle and Lylod keep hitting the snooze button, and Gibb has yet to them a swift kick to really wake them up!

Archived