Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES COVERAGE: Redskins vs Steelers (Final)

JimmiJo

im not his mama but i can see that campbell is now out... hes good but if u look at the stats and the vibration of the team with todd or without u will see the difference..

i mean.. we need a fresh new start... if brunell had 2 or 3 years to do something, his time's off...

I think Mark Brunell had perhaps the most under-rated season in the history of this organization in 2005. He won us several games on his own that we had no business winning. He made plays with his feet, his head, and his arm.

In 2006 I feel like he lost his confidence. Not sure if it was the new scheme or his age, but he just wasn't the same. He was hesitant to make throws over the middle of the field, and he was reluctant to stretch the field.

And from what I've seen 2 games into the 2007 season... he's just done as an NFL QB. I thought going into this season that he would be a perfect backup. I just don't feel that way anymore.

It was a good run Mark. Thanks for the playoff season :cheers:

major props on getting an interview with Ryan "i should still be a redskin" Clark

Not a problem. He's still one of my favorite people in the NFL. He was always classy and enjoyable to talk to. I grabbed him after both teams gathered for a post-game prayer and before he hit the locker room. It was brief, but I was glad to take what I could get.

Murf's Take

New wrinkle to covering games this year – I have to wear a red photographer’s vest. The NFL is doing it league-wide in their ongoing effort to keep track of who is on the sideline during games. JimmiJo actually got to wear a black vest … but then again he was wearing leather chaps with it, so maybe its best we forget it ever happened.

:laugh:

No comment on JimmiJo and his sideline "image".

Murf, you definitely had a "Where's Waldo" look going last night.

Great coverage as always guys. Thanks!

ps -- no more Funky Four!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure the guys are nice people, but the gimmick got stale more than a year ago.

Thanks for pointing that out Brian, I meant to last night but the game got interesting at the end. That and your 1970's-era waldo shirt distracted me.

About Lloyd’s touchdown – great read by Collins and a nice catch by Lloyd. I should know, he almost ran me over as he headed out the back of the endzone. Look for the guy in the red vest sitting Indian-style behind the endzone. I wasn’t sure exactly how close Lloyd was to me, so you can see me scooting backwards a little bit as he comes close to me on his way to dunking the football over the goalpost. That means Tarhog is still the only member of ExtremeSkins to get laid out during a game, even if Brandon Lloyd and Julius Jones have now given me a little scare.

Just rewatched it on DVR, and I have one thing to say about this -

Who wears short shorts?

Murf wears short shorts! :laugh:

Just rewatched it on DVR, and I have one thing to say about this -

Who wears short shorts?

Murf wears short shorts! :laugh:

Um ... you realize I'm not one of the cheerleaders, right? I had on khaki shorts that went below my knee. I promise I'm not rocking the Chris Cooley look.

Hail

Let me get just a little sappy here for a sec; being a 'Skins fan my entire life, during which I've lived almost exclusively on the Left Coast, has as you can imagine been one of little or no info during the seasons I live and die by. Finding ES has changed all that for the immeasurably better. Just going through JimmieJo and Murf's post on the Steelers game, complete with the attached audio and photos, made me feel like I was in FedEx with 'em. Maybe I should have just tacked this on as a reply to their thread, but the hell with it. To all of you who spend valuable time dropping a little knowledge on the rest of us, my heartfelt thanks. It truly doesn't get any better than this.

HTTR

Um ... you realize I'm not one of the cheerleaders, right? I had on khaki shorts that went below my knee. I promise I'm not rocking the Chris Cooley look.

The guy I saw with a red vest sitting Indian style had some short ass shorts. :laugh:

(Not super-short, just a joke buddy! ;))

Hail

Let me get just a little sappy here for a sec; being a 'Skins fan my entire life, during which I've lived almost exclusively on the Left Coast, has as you can imagine been one of little or no info during the seasons I live and die by. Finding ES has changed all that for the immeasurably better. Just going through JimmieJo and Murf's post on the Steelers game, complete with the attached audio and photos, made me feel like I was in FedEx with 'em. Maybe I should have just tacked this on as a reply to their thread, but the hell with it. To all of you who spend valuable time dropping a little knowledge on the rest of us, my heartfelt thanks. It truly doesn't get any better than this.

HTTR

hey man, thanks for the extremely kind words. it's comments like this that almost make up for the hundreds of drones who go on and on about cooley's shorts, lloyd's hair and sean taylor's weight. almost.

Archived