Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Forum puts Democrats in hot seat over gay issues

Zguy28

But yeah, she's quite polished. The GOP will have a field day with this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsLHxja43iY

Yes they will. Their stupid mindless audience will lap it up.

The fact that Hillary is quoting from a southern African-American gospel singer who wrote those exact lines with that exact inflection intended is lost on them, even though it has been explained over and over.

http://www.lyricsandsongs.com/song/501562.html.

The fact that Hillary is quoting from a southern African-American gospel singer who wrote those exact lines with that exact inflection intended is lost on them, even though it has been explained over and over.

Hmmm, let's see. In a PR war between a rational explanation with context and an insulting sound bite, the odds say that the one that the public will remember is . . .

This is exactly right.

At least we now have her on record asying that politicians running for office shouldn't say what they think.

How anyone can trust this woman is beyond me. I'm really worried about 2008 if the dems don't wise up and select a real canidate.

Hmmm, let's see. In a PR war between a rational explanation with context and an insulting sound bite, the odds say that the one that the public will remember is . . .

Believe me, I know. Out here we have a right wing talk guy named Brian Sussman. He plays that clip almost every day and rants about how Hillary pretends to be southern blah blah blah. People have tried to explain to him on the air that she is quoting song lyrics. He just talks over them, and the next day, plays the clip again.

Hokie4 must be a listener.

Yeah, Kinda like that Rommy quote earlier.

You gotta love politics...or not. ;)

Yes they will. Their stupid mindless audience will lap it up.

http://www.lyricsandsongs.com/song/501562.html.

I was aware of her intentions. Regardless, she sounds ridiculous. And WHEN that starts getting played in the commercials when she wins the nomination, people are going to laugh and laugh and lauuuuuuuuuugh.

And stupid? Mindless? This is coming from a group of individuals who are about to nominate a woman for their president. A woman whom more than half the country loathes.

:laugh:

He's apparently biding his time, but Fred Thompson would humiliate her. I don't particularly like any of the GOP candidates as of now.
Did you know he was in politics before? It was news to most of America.... mostly because he was just soooo great that no one even noticed his quiet career. He's only even considered because none of the front runners are actually conservative.

He's going to be surprisingly terrible. wait and see.

Either way, we are doomed. There is something very wrong with our political system when Giuliani and Clinton are the leading contenders.

That truly is a good example of the Lesser of two evils.

Gotta give the people what they want though.

It's significantly harder to pander to the American public and still pretend to be pro-gay marriage than it is to pander to the American public and be obviously homophobic.

Unfortunately that is part of the problem.

I just wish someone would have some balls about it though. Thats got to look better than this.

Who is your choice?

Oh, I'm a big time obama guy. He's as left as can be, but one thing I've decided recently is that competence matters more than ideology. To have someone in office with a demostrated ability to confront challenges with rationalism while speaking a language of inspiration is sorely needed right now. I also believe that in order to achieve justice we have to take advantage of the natural push and pull in the cycles of politics, and that has caused me to throw myself behind someone who is farther left than I am.

When I look at the other choices, I can't say that I trust anyone else in the race. He is the only one who took hillary to task when she claimed that presidential canidates shouldn't say what they think. In the end I find it a pretty easy choice.

Mark Warner would have been a fine candidate, someone even I would have considered voting for

As of now the only person I have really liked is Paul with Guliani coming in 2nd. Both understand that the federal gov't needs to have a small role, and even though Paul opposes the Iraq war, I think he does get it as far as foreign policy is concerned

On the D side I am just fundamentally opposed to what they believe in. It is nothing personal at all, hell I am actually one of those people who likes Hillary more in 2007 then in 2000, she actually isn't the she devil and is a very polished politician. I just completely disagree with her ideological basis and do not trust her to reduce the scope of the federal government, because she has basically said she will expand it (universal coverage)

Obama, polished, fresh face, can give great speeches and I think can be a good leader. Again though, I have fundamental differences with his policy and how he views the role of the federal government

Fred! Thompson I see as nothing but an empty suit. John Edwards thinks there are 2 America's rather then a civilization with a division of labor. Bill Richardson I like a lot, but does he really have a chance to win? :whoknows: Ditto Joe Biden

Mark Warner may have been the perfect candidate. The guy did an excellent job in Virginia, understands fiscal responsibility and I truly believe would have looked for ways to reduce the size of the federal government and come up with market based solutions for things like social security and health care. I do not believe he would have been advocating universal health care coverage

Ironically this may be the first time I like the less viable D candidates then the highly viable R candidates. Obama and Hillary I have too many disagreements with, Rudy has had a very shady history, Romney is exactly as Des describes him, the John Kerry of the right (must be something in Mass?) McCain is a shell of himself from 2000, and Ron Paul has no political polish

Dubai, here I come next year

Right. Because everyone in favor of civil unions, but not gay marriage, is a homophobe. Just like everyone opposed to affirmative action is a racist.

I swear, libs and their labels. :rolleyes:

Huh? I was referencing the fact that you can actually be homophobic and still have more public support for it than someone who favors any sort of gay union. My intent wasn't really to call an entire group of people homophobic.

You're spending too much time debating in the Tailgate, h_h.

Unfortunately that is part of the problem.

I just wish someone would have some balls about it though. Thats got to look better than this.

Its hard to have the balls to go about it and not commit political suicide. Honestly, it seems to me that there are very few politicians out there who would be capable of holding a strong stance in favor of gay marriage while maintaining the kind of popularity necessary to make a run for POTUS.

Homosexuals are people like you and me and deserve no less in the way of benefits or status.

Really? I thought homosexuals were some kind of potted plant.

Maybe O'bama, Edwards, and Hillary should plant a smooch on each other to show how pro "gay" they are.

Opps... hillarys a woman. :doh:

That was the stupidest post I've read all week.

Archived