Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins bring in new RB/Whittacker released (Redskins.com)

Walking Deadman

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=27714

Dee Brown

By Gary Fitzgerald

Redskins.com

appears there is a new Redskin in our midst. A player wearing white jersey No. 29 has arrived at practice. Stay tuned...

No official word yet, but the Redskins have brought in running back Dee Brown to practice. It's likely that he has been signed.

Brown is a five-year veteran who has played with Carolina, Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Kansas City. He knows Al Saunders from the 2005 season when both were with the Chiefs.

In his career, Brown has rushed for 405 yards and four touchdowns on 119 carries. Last year with the Chiefs, he logged 10 carries for 24 yards in limited duty.

The 5-10, 210-pounder played his college ball at Syracuse.

No word yet on if anyone on the Redskins has been released to make room for Brown.

UPDATE:

One day after suffering a high ankle sprain, offensive lineman Will Whitticker has been released.

The signing of Dee Brown signals that the Redskins are somewhat concerned about Ladell Betts' neck injury.

It's possible that Betts will not play in Saturday's preseason opener.

Pretty much given a chance to show himself to other teams while not forcing Betts to play and keeping Rock and Blaylock's snaps reasonable.

Sad to see Whitticker get cut when we heard early praise of him.

I'll take this as good news for Thomas,Wade and Portis, and leave it alone.

That really sucks for Whitticker. I had high hopes for him.

And the RB signing surprises me a bit. I got the impression that the staff liked both Blaylock and Mason.

Then again, Portis and Betts will probably play very rarely in the preseason, so I can see the coaches wanting another RB out there to get some carries.

this dee brown is the guy from syracuse who played QB after Mcnabb. my bro is a huge Panthers fan so ive heard alot about this guy in years past. My bro was pretty pi$$ed when the Kittys lets him go. i dont blame him cause that year they stuck with and old stephen davis and deshaun foster. I still agree tho that he dosnt stand much of a chance in actually making the team.

(Saw the Dee Brown thread below. The Whitticker info wasn't in the title so the search must have missed it. Sorry, please merge.)

One day after suffering a high ankle sprain, offensive lineman Will Whitticker has been released.

The signing of Dee Brown signals that the Redskins are somewhat concerned about Ladell Betts' neck injury.

It's possible that Betts will not play in Saturday's preseason opener.

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=27714

I hate these quick cuts. You hear something good about a player, they get hurt, and they're gone. I thought we might have had something here. Maybe he'll come back when he's healthy?

No offense to Whitticker, but did anyone REALLY expect him to make the team? He was drafted by Green Bay in the 7th round of the 04 draft.

He started 14 games his rookie year and was cut after. He then went to Miami where he did nothing but ride the bench.

Im sure he is a hard worker, but I never expected him to make the team, and I didnt understand why everyone was so high on him. :2cents:

Archived