Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2007 version of the Lavar/Aikman Hit...Whos Career Ends? And Who Ends It?

skinsfanevan

No one likes to see injuries, on either side of the ball. But it's a part of football. And with The Skins having some of the hardest hitting guys in the league, injuries are bound to happen.

Lavar's career ending hit on Aikman was great, not because Aikman got hurt, but it was a bit symbolic, and gave us hope that the tides were turning.

So who's going to play their last game against the skins? And who's going to be the last player that hits them?

McNair in preseason?

Trent Green, McNabb, Brett Favre, Terry Glenn, Jeff Garcia?

Dare I say Brad Johnson? Mike Alstott?

There's always a possibility that the next play is your last. And with LaRon Landry coming at you full speed, or Sean Taylor meeting you in midair.....those chances increase significantly.

I hope that NOBODY from our team runs around aiming to end a career. I understand that that's not what you meant, but the prospect is highly disturbing.

not to mention, when was the last time we saw a career-ending injury? maybe culpepper's should have been a career ender, he just hasn't realized it.

]']I hope that NOBODY from our team runs around aiming to end a career. I understand that that's not what you meant' date=' but the prospect is highly disturbing.

not to mention, when was the last time we saw a career-ending injury? maybe culpepper's should have been a career ender, he just hasn't realized it.[/quote']

And won't you just feel awesome if you predict it will happen and it actually does?

Lavar's career ending hit on Aikman was great, not because Aikman got hurt, but it was a bit symbolic, and gave us hope that the tides were turning.

I agree with that. Too often people misunderstand what made that LaVar hit so great and special to fans at the time. It wasn't ending Aikman's career (besides being the QB of the Cowboys Aikman was a tough guy to hate). It was the symbolism of the "next generation" of Redskins taking over from the "last generation" of Cowboys.

Too bad we pissed it away by having a merry-go-round coaching situation and restarting our "rebuild" every other year this decade.

As for a 2007 version, I certainly wouldn't wish a career ending injury on him but the Aikman equivalent in today's NFC East would be Donovan McNabb. The Eagles have ruled the East since 01 and so they are the team that the Skins have to climb over to become the new top dog.

I'm plenty anxious to see some receivers get obliterated by ST and Landry, but just like Brian Moorman did, I hope they all get up and jog off the field. (And return to the field with the appropriate case of alligator arms for the rest of the afternoon.) :)

I know you're not wishing an injury on anyone, sfe. I'm just not sure what brought on the topic.

I'd like Brunell's career to be ended......not by injury, but because Campbell plays so well and is injury-free that Mark is firmly planted on the bench.

Thats the kind of career ender I hope for.

I am a fan of hard hitting and injuries are a natural part of the game,but to celebrate/anticipate injuries like Aikman's or like when Thiesman got his leg broke should be left to Philly fans.

Just for the record...great thread, I like it. All the high and mighty clowns giving Evan a hard time, please...get off your high horse, it's just a funny ass question to throw out there. In regards to the topic though, is there really anyone other than T.O. who deserves to have every bone in his body broken by Sean Taylor? Although given past circumstances, I find it painfully obvious that T.O. goes out of his way to steer clear of ST21--one of the better decisions he's made in his career if you ask me. I do hope, however, he runs a slant and forgets who's waiting for him as he twinkle-toes across the middle. Then we may get to see an ambulance on the field...straight Madden '94 style. Oh, I forgot to mention, the hit is in Dallas, and after Sean spits in T.O.'s face as he's lying on the ground, he picks up the Cowboys helmet he blasted off T.O.'s dome and sprints to the giant star at midfield, slams it down in the middle, then puts one foot up on it as a tribute to Captain Morgan.

Just for the record...great thread, I like it. All the high and mighty clowns giving Evan a hard time, please...get off your high horse, it's just a funny ass question to throw out there. In regards to the topic though, is there really anyone other than T.O. who deserves to have every bone in his body broken by Sean Taylor? Although given past circumstances, I find it painfully obvious that T.O. goes out of his way to steer clear of ST21--one of the better decisions he's made in his career if you ask me. I do hope, however, he runs a slant and forgets who's waiting for him as he twinkle-toes across the middle. Then we may get to see an ambulance on the field...straight Madden '94 style. Oh, I forgot to mention, the hit is in Dallas, and after Sean spits in T.O.'s face as he's lying on the ground, he picks up the Cowboys helmet he blasted off T.O.'s dome and sprints to the giant star at midfield, slams it down in the middle, then puts one foot up on it as a tribute to Captain Morgan.

I'm not crazy about TO either... but you really want to see an ambulance on the field to take him off?

Sheesh.

Archived