Extremeskins

Favorite Redskins To Never Make the Team

SteelNeil

Can we do better than SuperSkin?  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Can we do better than SuperSkin?

• No, SuperSkin is great!
    • Yes, SuperSkin super sucks.

Funny thing from my high school, town, and then was a sub teacher at my high school a guy named Mike Ceceer (spelling isnt right) was on the preseason roster in 2003 he played D line and played well I remember him getting 2 or 3 sacks. Ill never forget when he signed with the redskins I saw it in computer class and then the next class I went to he was my sub lol and I got his autograph. But he got cut on the last cut date..

I'll go with Justin Skaggs. I think the guy deserved a shot and believed he always played hard and looked good in each preseason.

RIP Justin...

Agreed 100%, this would be my vote too. The guy had great heart and determination, always seemed to make plays in the preseason too. I think he eventually would have caught on with somebody and made a decent player.

RIP Justin

:cheers:

Last Friday, Lumsden ran for 211 yards on just 12 carries with runs of 75 and 66 yards in the cfl.

He leads the league in rushing and is averaging almost 10 yards per carry. Much better than Ricky Williams could do up there last season.

He may be taking another shot at the nfl next year.

I believe his 2 year deal specifies that he can't try out for an NFL team. I suppose he could buy his way out of that clause, but when he signed the deal it was assumed that he would give up on his NFL dream...

BTW, the CFL sucks.

Let me make a few comments:

1) Tory Nixon was the worst 1st round draft pick in franchise history (bar none). I don't think he even saw the field before we cut him. He didn't want to play here.

2) Justin Skaggs actually made the team in 2001... He played a bit for the Ol' Ball Coach.

3) I don't think we can really count players who were drafted (Ponds, Nixon, etc)...

4) Mark Stock is a good one. :)

Kevin Alexander, he was one of my best friend's brother-in-law.

Alexander was a WR that was in training camp in 99 and use to play of the Giants but once they brought in Irvin Fryer I knew he would not be making the team.

It would have been cool to have a friend who had a in-law that played for the Redskins.

Let me make a few comments:

1) Tory Nixon was the worst 1st round draft pick in franchise history (bar none). I don't think he even saw the field before we cut him. He didn't want to play here.

Not even close. Andre Johnson never played a down for us as a #1 pick. We cut him after one year. Tory Nixon was a 2nd round pick and he wasn't cut. He had a long holdout and then was traded to San Francisco right before the season. Nixon was a bad pick but he played 4 years for the 49ers. Johnson played something like 3 games his entire career.

Every year I pull for some clown that will never make the team. This Year Marcus Mason #23. He's Pre-season all world!! Where can I buy the jersey?

Which leads me to the point of this thread. Who do you guys think the best Non- Roster Skin to grace us in the pre-season?

My Vote: Babe Laughenburg (Forgive Spelling)

:eaglesuck :dallasuck :point2sky :applause:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to be called a Redskin you need to make the team.

Robert Gillespie or someone, a RB from the Spurrier years.

I also liked Clifton Smith, an UDFA MLB. I remember one game where the announcers were saying "watch Clifton Smith, he may surprise you" and then he got an INT.

I know there are more, but there have been some lovable camp fodder guys in recent years.

]']I guess if they wore our jersey (even if its just a penny) and they were contracted to us (even if it was terminated before it was completed) than they can count.

I really liked the feel-good story of Lumsden. It helped that he had a pretty good run against the Ravens in last years scrimmage.

More importantly though' date=' I hope Bramlet can turn into a great back up. Even if Campbell excells, its never too bad to have a good back up. Worst comes to worst, we can pull a Matt Schaub on him.[/quote']

Lumsden is tearing up the CFL...he has 569 yards on 49 carries....leads the league and ripped of TD runs of 65 and 79 the other night...has his forty down to 4.6 and is listed at 230 lbs...should be somewhere south next year...hopefully will go to the right situation and stick...did not help last year that the skins are so deep at rb

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to be called a Redskin you need to make the team.

Millions wish they could play professional football. I would have to say if you get a paycheck from the front office for suiting up and going out on the field... even if its only at the training facility, you deserve to be called a redskin.

Told this story in another thread.

1985 Danzell Lee. He and his roommate were both drafted that year by the Redskins and lived in the same apartment complex my family did. My sister who was 10 years my senior at 23 yrs old had both of their attention. Both wanted to date my sister. My sister picked Danzell Lee because "he was cute." He was also cut and left for Pittsburgh where he continued his brief career. The other player the Skins drafted who my sister blew off was Raleigh McKenzie. I have never let her live it down.

Not even close. Andre Johnson never played a down for us as a #1 pick. We cut him after one year. Tory Nixon was a 2nd round pick and he wasn't cut. He had a long holdout and then was traded to San Francisco right before the season. Nixon was a bad pick but he played 4 years for the 49ers. Johnson played something like 3 games his entire career.

Tory Nixon never played a down for us either... Never even made it to the inactive roster. He wanted out as soon as he got here. At least Andre Johnson was on the inactive roster most of the previous season before he was cut. How can you possibly say Andre Johnson? :) BTW, that season we didn't have a first round pick, so he was our first pick. We drafted a guy who didn't even want to play for us. Guys who don't pan out happen in this league, guys who don't want to play football are far more rare... You'd think if we interviewed the guy, this kind of information would've come out.

The fact that he went on to play 4 seasons for San Francisco makes this an even worse selection.

Archived