Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brandon Lloyd's eating habits

morpheusmeyers

Taken from www.redskins.com, from BL's training camp journal. The man is eating!

Maintaining my weight is probably the hardest thing for me because I'm not a big eater. In the offseason, if I'm traveling or doing something unrelated to football, I probably only eat a couple times a day. Down in Arizona, though, I'd say the main part of my training regimen was eating. I ate six meals per day with the lighter meals later in the day and the heavier meals in the morning.

• My breakfast would consist of a 16-ounce T-bone steak and 10 egg whites. That would be the meal I'd eat before I'd train.
  • Right after I'd train, I'd eat two chicken breasts and 8-10 egg whites.
  • After that I'd eat fish-maybe 12 ounces of Ahi Tuna, broccoli and a baked potato.
  • My fourth meal would be chicken, broccoli, and a baked potato.
  • My fifth meal would be a lamb chop or rack of lamb.
  • And finally my sixth meal would be fish again.

The tough thing about eating like that is if I ate my breakfast too late or if I didn't eat my in-between meals in time, then I'd be up late trying to finish eating. Seriously -- there were a few nights when I'd fall asleep on the couch while trying to catch up with my eating.

So that was pretty much the way I was able to get stronger--and thus get bigger.

I think my ideal playing weight is 200 pounds. It feels really good. People will look at it and think, "Wow--he went from 185 pounds two years ago to 200 pounds now." They look at that 15 pounds and say, "Wow, he's going to be stiff, he can't run."

I think what's been most surprising to people is that I still have all the same flexibility. I'm not tight, I still have all my range of motion and my stride. In fact, I'm actually running a lot better. It's not that I've just gained weight, I've gained muscle and I've gotten stronger. I'm also a lot more explosive than I was. You can see it in my first couple steps off the line of scrimmage after the ball is snapped, and also running after the catch.

Do egg whites make you gain weight?

They have a lot of protein to build muscle with, so that'll obviously make you gain weight. Those egg whites by themselves have at least 35 grams of protein per meal. Add in the chicken and steak, he's eating a very high protein diet.

ddamn those eggs cant be good for him. a study was proven a while back that most of us african americans are born lactose intolerant. but hey whatever helps

Egg whites don't have lactose in them.

From Wikipedia:

Composition

Function- Nourishment; blocks digestive enzymes

Function- Binds iron

Function- Blocks digestive enzymes

Function- Plugs defects in membranes, shell

Function- Enzyme that digests bacterial cell walls

Function- Thickens albumen; inhibits viruses

Function- Binds vitamin (biotin)

• Others 10%

Function- Bind vitamins, block digestive enzymes...

6 meals a day when small help lose weight like mad because it keeps your metabolism running high, but hes eating large meals 6 times a day. I noticed very little red meat, a few times a day the rest is very lean mean like fish, He's smart, definatley has a nutritionist, I tried doing a diet similar to this last summer, after each meal I thought the first step would make me blow chunks. I gained 15 lbs of muscle that summer and my cholesterol went through the roof. lol.

Funny how immediately people think "steroids" when a guy gets significantly bigger especially in a short period of time. But, it's very true that a sudden change in diet (high protien/low fat/spread out over 5 or 6 meals) while working out can make a big difference. I hope it helps him. He certainly sounds confident :)

HTTR

Do egg whites make you gain weight?
the yoke is where all the cholesterol is.. I learned that after my cholesterol went nuts.

What he is doing is eating carbs and protien, the tbone will put some fat on him, the fish and chicken breasts wont. The carbs are needed for protien synthesis, to gain a lot of muscle u want a 2 to 1 balance of carbs to protien because otherwise the protien has a harder time being absorbed, he also has the timing down well, right after training he eats, smart dude.

ddamn those eggs cant be good for him. a study was proven a while back that most of us african americans are born lactose intolerant. but hey whatever helps
I thought lactose intolerant related to milk????

:laugh: it is.

actually a significant portion of "brown people" (african, asian) are lactose intolerant. rarely are they born that way. typically they can deal with milk as a child and adolescence but as they age the milk enzymes aren't produced as much. it was thought that since groups don't drink milk throughout life, the body just stopped making the enzyme. so when they drink milk as an adult, the bacteria in the gut have a feast and the human gets bubble guts.

most white europeans drink milk their entire lives, so the enzyme remains.

Yea, thats hardcore protein in that plan...I might have to try the steak at breakfast...I luv me some steak, I could eat it all day....with A-1.

I think a really good steak doesn't need A-1, but I guess I'm a purist. Have you ever eaten at the original Shula's Steakhouse in Miami? It's the best steak you'll ever have in your life, bar none. Better than all these chains like Morton's or Ruth's Chris. You don't need any steak sauce, and it tastes like love.

Archived