Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Curtis Martin vs. Art Monk

daveakl

Don't really agree with you. The Skins actually have the 6th most franchise players in the HOF. The Raiders are 8th and the 9ers and girls are 11th and 12th respectively. I know that these teams have not been around as long, but they have represented the Super Bowl pretty well over the years and that will make people pay attention.

I think are perception is off because we are Skins fans and we notice the negatives more.

Link to HOF with numbers for each team:

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/FranchiseMembersTotals.jsp

I do think that what they are doing to Monk is a great injustice to the league, fans, Monk, and the HOF itself. There needs to be a new system for voting! As of right now, I do not beleive in the HOF. It is a joke when the best player of his time cannot get in. I think Green will be a first balloter, but I also thought that with Monk :mad:

I think both Monk and Martin should be and have been first ballot HOFers. Because Monk is not and Martin probably won't, the HOF is a joke. I used to want to visit there, but not anymore. I will visit when they come up with a better system and when the unknowledgable sports writers stop voting. It will probably be a cold day in hell before that happens.

You just proved my point. If the redskins people got in as suppose to we would be number one. Alot of people feel that the skins shouldnt have that many people in there. Ever since the Hall of fame was looked at as a big thing, they wont more cowboys raiders in there.

theisman was a 2 time pro bowler, schroder made it once, and rypien made it twice, and 2/3 of them won superbowls with this team. so 5 years of monks career he had pro bowlers throwing him the ball.

This is interesting. All of those QBs played on teams without Monk. In fact between them, they played 18 seasons on teams that Monk was not on.

Of those 18 seasons, those three QBs produced exactly 0 Pro-bowls.

In the 15 seasons they played WITH Monk, those same three QBs went to 5 pro-bowls.

is it really fair to compare a RB to a WR?

Here is Martin's stats

2nd person ever to have 10 consecutive 1000 yard seasons. (1st was B. Sanders)

1 of only 16 people to have scored 100 touchdowns

4th on the All-Time Rushers list

4th person to ever run 14,000 yards in a career

NY Jets ALL TIME rushing leader

He also has a perfect "passer" rating of a 158.3 (2/2, 2TD, Each play was greater than 18 yards per attempt.)

He is a Runningback and a DARN good one and letting him in should have nothing to do with Monk. It is hard to argue with his rushing acomplishments when you compare him to the other people who have similar numbers.

B. Sanders

E. Smith

W. Payton

I find it hard to argue that these guys don't deserve to be in the HOF so Martin deserves it too.

YES I know I should argue that E. Smith should NEVER make it in the HOF because he is a cowboy, but that argument would never win.

Don't really agree with you. The Skins actually have the 6th most franchise players in the HOF. The Raiders are 8th and the 9ers and girls are 11th and 12th respectively. I know that these teams have not been around as long, but they have represented the Super Bowl pretty well over the years and that will make people pay attention.

I think are perception is off because we are Skins fans and we notice the negatives more.

Link to HOF with numbers for each team:

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/FranchiseMembersTotals.jsp

I do think that what they are doing to Monk is a great injustice to the league, fans, Monk, and the HOF itself. There needs to be a new system for voting! As of right now, I do not beleive in the HOF. It is a joke when the best player of his time cannot get in. I think Green will be a first balloter, but I also thought that with Monk :mad:

I think both Monk and Martin should be and have been first ballot HOFers. Because Monk is not and Martin probably won't, the HOF is a joke. I used to want to visit there, but not anymore. I will visit when they come up with a better system and when the unknowledgable sports writers stop voting. It will probably be a cold day in hell before that happens.

The point is that there is only one player from the "glory years" in the HOF...Riggins....

and they didnt make many pro bowls either.

...and Riggins only made the Pro Bowl ONCE!

I think Martin should be in when he becomes eligible....but Monk should've been in years ago.

Archived