Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Riggins Predicts the Skins 2007 Season

ThePreciating

I can't believe this wasn't posted yet. On the John Riggins Show, Riggo said he predicts the Redskins will be one of the TOP FIVE TEAMS IN THE NFL this season.

Can't link obviously. But I'm sure someone else heard this.

He also said he believes it will be Joe Gibbs last season, and that a major part of our success will be our defense.

Do you really feel the Redskins can be in the same category as New England, Indianapolis and San Diego...??

HELL YES!!!! Damn right I feel we could be as good as those teams. If JC could do near as well as Rivers did his first FULL season, then I absolutely think we could!!!

Riggo usually has no problem trashing us, and he said he just has a gut feeling that Gregg Williams will have a huge chip on his shoulders and that Gibbs will put everything he has into this his final year. Likes what we've done on defense and likens Jason Campbell to Trent Green.

Indy maybe not, but San Diego/New England quality, I think so... it of course, does all depend on our D this year on how that does play out... But if our Offense pulls out like it could and SHOULD then we are a serious threat to any team out there.... I really like our D's chance to regain top 10 status and if that is the case, then yes top 5 is a likely scenario... barring any injuries... we have great depth everywhere in my opinion and should make a serious run into the playoffs this year, I think the Defense is a prideful bunch and will come out with a serious chip on their shoulder and be some serious brutes out there, and I think our Offense has something to prove to all as well. Let's face it, with Jason's arm strength and a healthy running duo, and stout line, it's on the up n up, we have speedy receivers to stretch the field, and cooley in the middle, I like our chances.... we just have to (as fans) get out there and represent as well... let's have a serious 12th man this year where all teams have a hard time at fedex and nationwide.... we need to make em miserable when they come to play in our house, it's time for the fans to get behind Gibbs and the team and push them with our 90,000 strong.... as for me, I'm stuck in the house watching them, but I am ALWAYS without voice by the end of game win or lose, let's represent!!

HAIL

HELL YES!!!! Damn right I feel we could be as good as those teams. If JC could do near as well as Rivers did his first FULL season, then I absolutely think we could!!!

Being a Top 5 NFL team usually means you have to win the Division first....and Campbell doesnt have the luxury of having the best RB AND TE in football with him....that prediction is downright insane....but I can appreciate optimism.

Indy maybe not, but San Diego/New England quality, I think so... it of course, does all depend on our D this year on how that does play out...

There are very talented skill players on the Redskins, but games are won in the trenches....I just dont think the O-line and D-line are even close to being good enough to compare to those teams....

.... He went on to add that we will be at least 10-5 . . . man I hope the Diesel is right.

Do the Redskins now have the luxury of only playing 15 games?? lol...Or is it kinda like when the Giants got 9 homes game 2 years ago....so there is an automatic win the NFL gives them?

The person who posted needs to be taken out to the woodshed

The John Riggins show is strictly a homer show (just like any other ex player who still represents his former team in the media)

The two stooges on the show suck to Riggins in every form or fashion. This guy isn't stuck on himself, the stooges just cling to him like as if they are lost. Their credibility is shot from the beginning.

Yes he does work for Snyder so of course he wont' say anything that is totally negative (in Danny's eyes)

There are very talented skill players on the Redskins, but games are won in the trenches....I just dont think the O-line and D-line are even close to being good enough to compare to those teams....

I don't agree.

DLine - I think that Salavea being healthy after last year's foot ordeal and Golston and Montgomery ready to take more action, I think our Tackle rotation (if we use it as such) is good, maybe not stellar and beastly but darn good... I think Carter is going to make a huge step up, more like he had toward end of year, and I think we could rotate in Wynn and Evans for Carter and Daniels often to keep ALL of them fresh and at top of their game for 60 minutes.. I know some are old, but that is what it is... I also think the addition of Fletcher is going to put us in better position for our Dline and secondary as well... With LL and Rocky in there, we could come from ANY angle and rush the passer...

As far as our OLine I really disagree with you.... We have MORE than capable replacements if Wade doesn't pan out, and who else could you refer to as not being stellar, Jansen - pah, he's a beast who plays with 2 broke thumbs. Samuels all - pro very few comparable to him. Rabach - great center really coming into his own, and last but certainly not least Thomas, um NO worries there, these are all HOGS in every sense of the word... Our backups are all decent, now if long injuries occur then I'll be a bit worried, but I think Campbell's elusiveness, along with healthy running back duo, and our receivers, I think we are good to go....

Oh it just can't get here soon enough, bring on the season already!!

I can't wait for all the questions to get answered and our team rolls out there to punish opposing defenses and offenses alike, bring em all on!!!

IT'S TIME TO GO TO WAR!!!

HAIL

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Being a Top 5 NFL team usually means you have to win the Division first....and Campbell doesnt have the luxury of having the best RB AND TE in football with him....that prediction is downright insane....but I can appreciate optimism.

Where would you rank Portis and Cooley compared to Tomlinson and Gates? I don't see a huge gap, just more time in a similar offense. With the changes in San Diego, I would not be suprised to see our guys put up similar if not better numbers.

I don't agree.

DLine - I think that Salavea being healthy after last year's foot ordeal and Golston and Montgomery ready to take more action, I think our Tackle rotation (if we use it as such) is good, maybe not stellar and beastly but darn good... I think Carter is going to make a huge step up, more like he had toward end of year, and I think we could rotate in Wynn and Evans for Carter and Daniels often to keep ALL of them fresh and at top of their game for 60 minutes.. I know some are old, but that is what it is... I also think the addition of Fletcher is going to put us in better position for our Dline and secondary as well... With LL and Rocky in there, we could come from ANY angle and rush the passer...

As far as our OLine I really disagree with you.... We have MORE than capable replacements if Wade doesn't pan out, and who else could you refer to as not being stellar, Jansen - pah, he's a beast who plays with 2 broke thumbs. Samuels all - pro very few comparable to him. Rabach - great center really coming into his own, and last but certainly not least Thomas, um NO worries there, these are all HOGS in every sense of the word... Our backups are all decent, now if long injuries occur then I'll be a bit worried, but I think Campbell's elusiveness, along with healthy running back duo, and our receivers, I think we are good to go....

Oh it just can't get here soon enough, bring on the season already!!

I can't wait for all the questions to get answered and our team rolls out there to punish opposing defenses and offenses alike, bring em all on!!!

IT'S TIME TO GO TO WAR!!!

HAIL

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Once again, I can appreciate the optimism and being hyped up for your team this season, but I dont see the team in a New England / San Diego category....I mean, seriously....they have to get out of the NFC basement first....that is a FAR stretch....plus, there is NO depth on the D-line....its shaky already and if there are injuries, they're cooked....I really like Portis/Betts/Moss/Cooley....but can Campbell deliver consistently IF the line blocks? In the D-backfield, the Skins are nice....but that backfield doesnt do much if they are tackling RBs 5-6 yds down the field....its all about up front for the Skins....and again...NO WAY they are even close to San Diego, N.E. or Indy....hell, they arent even that close to the Saints and Eagles!

The person who posted needs to be taken out to the woodshed

The John Riggins show is strictly a homer show (just like any other ex player who still represents his former team in the media)

The two stooges on the show suck to Riggins in every form or fashion. This guy isn't stuck on himself, the stooges just cling to him like as if they are lost. Their credibility is shot from the beginning.

Yes he does work for Snyder so of course he wont' say anything that is totally negative (in Danny's eyes)

Exactly! Dan probably pre screens all the material on that show before it can be said on air, or at least he has someone monitoring that.

Yeah but he has a top 4 RB and a top 4 TE and a top 10 WR and a top 5 Oline

Where would you rank Portis and Cooley compared to Tomlinson and Gates? I don't see a huge gap, just more time in a similar offense. With the changes in San Diego, I would not be suprised to see our guys put up similar if not better numbers.

I'll give the Skins one thing....they have the best RB duo in the NFC East. If they can stay close in games, they'll be competitive....but if they go down early, I wouldnt be confident in having Campbell air it out....then Cooley isnt much of a factor either. But, Tomlinson and Gates are so far ahead of the curve, it doesnt matter how close Portis and Cooley are....obvioulsy, tho, Larry Johnson and Tony Gonzalez are #2, IMO.....but, Portis and Cooley are the main strengths in that offense for a young QB.

Archived