Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brady Quinn is STINGY!!!

LB Dizzle

http://nflguru.net/2007/brady-quinn-charging-to-sign-autographs/

Cleveland Browns first round draft pick, Quarterback Brady Quinn must hate his fans. He was at mall in Ohio Saturday for an autograph signing — But it wasn’t free like you may expect. The price to have Quinn’s signature was $75 for a picture and over $200 for other merchandise. And if you brought your own item for Mr. Quinn to sign, he would refuse.

Who does this guy think he is? He has yet to take a snap in the NFL, and when he does, he’ll suck.

Maybe that explains everything; Quinn knows he will be a horrible NFL QB so he’s trying to make as much money as possible without even completing one NFL pass.

Who else didn't know that these autograph sessions were big-money makers for these athletes?

Guess what.... Redskins players (past and present) do it too.

Exactly. I'm not going to hate someone who charges for an autograph. I'd rather hate the people who feel the need to get said autograph.

Who else didn't know that these autograph sessions were big-money makers for these athletes?

Guess what.... Redskins players (past and present) do it too.

Yeah, I've heard WAY too many stories over the years (decade?) about athletes having paying autograph sessions, and refusing autographs to kids who wanted an autograph on a rival trading card company's card ("Sorry, kid...I agreed to only sign Topps trading cards"). Sucks, but it's the norm now...

hello people we're talking about someone who has not even played a down in the NFL and is charging more than Sean Taylor, Clinton Portis, and Jason Campbell. I think that is a bit rediculous....what is he superman?

Quinn is probably a "larger" name than Campbell and Taylor.

Also. R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S

I will NEVER pay for an autograph. They can keep it. They poop in the toilet like I do, so they're nothing special. Pretty bad when million dollar a year athletes charge for a signature. If it went to their favorite charity, then maybe. Really, does/will Quinn need the $75 a pop in his pocket?

I am positive that it wasn't Quinn's doing to arrange this and pretty sure that majority of the mean will be donated to charities, the team and etc. Darrell Green used to do this in the Redskins store, I even saw him deny a young boy an autograph. Not because he is mean but because if he doesn't do as many signings his autograph will remain valuable and he will be able to help the Darrell Green foundation which is very respectable. Pretty much he wasn't the one getting the money.

I will NEVER pay for an autograph. They can keep it. They poop in the toilet like I do, so they're nothing special. Pretty bad when million dollar a year athletes charge for a signature. If it went to their favorite charity, then maybe. Really, does/will Quinn need the $75 a pop in his pocket?

They started charging because the fans asking for autographs were only doing so in order to sell the autographed card/football/baseball/jersey later for a lot more than the card/football/baseball/jersey would have been worth without it. I'm guessing that either agents or major sportswear and sports cards companies thought that they could just have autograph sessions and charge for both the value-increasing autographs as well as for the athlete's time.

Most athletes will still sign a piece of paper or a game program or something if you're asking them in passing, but merchandise or trading cards are a different story. Also, I don't think the athletes themselves set the price to charge.

Yep, he's gotta make back those millions he lost somehow...

Archived