Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com Dave Gladow predicts us to win the division!

FunBunch7

Well, actually not...the 12 playoff teams automatically pick 21st-32nd.

Not true. Last year the Giants made the playoffs at 8-8 and picked 20th ahead of Denver who finished 9-7 but out of the playoffs. Denver traded picks with Jacksonville but their original draft slot was 21st. I'm pretty sure the only picks that are changed are the Super Bowl participants.

Not true. Last year the Giants made the playoffs at 8-8 and picked 20th ahead of Denver who finished 9-7 but out of the playoffs. Denver traded picks with Jacksonville but their original draft slot was 21st. I'm pretty sure the only picks that are changed are the Super Bowl participants.

Yes, the SB participants pick 31st and 32nd. Everyone else goes off the standings at the end of the season.

Edit: Sorry, to be specific, the playoff teams always pick last, but the order only changes for 31/32 picks.

haha thats completely retarded. no way every team in the east has a losing record. him saying we'll be 7-9 isnt too far off though.

You really think that the Skins will finish with a record around 7-9? Do you consider a 9-7 record close to 7-9 because in footb all I don't.

I don't think Gibbs has ever lost in the first round of the playoffs...

I'd take him in the wildcard even WITH a 7-9 record lol :laugh:

You are correct...he has never lost a "1st round" playoff game...but the 1984 Divisional home loss to the Bears was the first time I actually cried tears after a loss...but certainly not the last time.

Well, I suppose he's exaggerating to make a point, and it's a completely valid one, IMO.

There is no clear-cut, dominant team in the division. The division could shake out any # of ways and in an entirely plausible fashion. If Campbell progresses as has been indicated and the defense reverts to form, the Redskins WILL be be a force. If the Eagles can stiffen up their run D and Reid is serious about running the ball, the Eagles WILL contend. If Romo sits to pee shows that he is the real deal and Wade can get the defense on track, the Cowboys WILL be in the mix. If the Giants...well, actually, I can't really see the Giants in the mix because I think Tiki's on-field production was so huge for them (his lockerroom presence could NOT have been so negative as to negate his on-field production - NOT A CHANCE). Still, I don't think they'll be an easy out, either.

There are credible scenarios for any team (Giants being the only stretch, IMO). Anyone who says that one team or another is a clear-cut favorite or a clear-cut also-ran is either being dishonest or not thinking the thing through too clearly.

He really doesnt say anything of the NFC East. Pretty much hes like they do not look like good teams but someone is going to be good. I would like to see why he picked the Skins whether then any other team. There is no real justification.

Anyone can throw out predictions. You can make all the rules you want but you still need to justify yourself. Oh well whatever. Hopefully we do make the playoffs.

HTTR!!

I agree...picking the NFC East to all be tied has gotten old.

Anyways, I figured out his error...when you add up all the wins and losses, it should = 256 Wins and 256 Losses. (32 teams will play 16 games, with 1 win and 1 loss per game.) His totals come out to 255 Wins and 257 Losses. The error has got to be with the Redskins. Hail 8-8, a divisional title, and playoffs.

I will not be satisfied with anything less than a 4th Lombardi for the record. That's what it is all about anyways.

Anyways, I figured out his error...when you add up all the wins and losses, it should = 256 Wins and 256 Losses. (32 teams will play 16 games, with 1 win and 1 loss per game.) His totals come out to 255 Wins and 257 Losses. The error has got to be with the Redskins. Hail 8-8, a divisional title, and playoffs.

I will not be satisfied with anything less than a 4th Lombardi for the record. That's what it is all about anyways.

Yeah I saw this error but hell lets take two wins from the cowboys and give us a 10-6 record. Win Division, Playoffs and SB. :point2sky

You're right, it's all about winning the Super Bowl, but to say that you will not be satisfied with anything less is a bit much in my opinion.

Archived