Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nike not budging on Vick's contract

gortiz

Senator Byrd wouldn't mind seeing Vick executed if he's found guilty:

Byrd, 89, said he would not prejudge the men's guilt or innocence, but he left no doubts about his sentiments.

I am confident that the hottest places in hell are reserved for the souls of sick and brutal people who hold God's creatures in such brutal and cruel contempt," he said.

"One is left wondering," he said. "Who are the real animals: the creatures inside or outside the ring?"

[byrd] declared his outrage, saying he's witnessed one execution but wouldn't mind seeing another "if it involves this cruel, sadistic, cannibalistic business of training innocent, vulnerable creatures to kill."

Michael Vick Dogfighting Case Makes Way to Floor of U.S. Senate

I'm a little sickened by this.

The "presumed innocent" stance is very American and a founding ideal. Being against it is such crap. That doesn't mean you have to like Vick. It merely means it MIGHT be acceptable to wait for him to be JUDGED guilty BEFORE you punish him. Once he's guilty of something, he'll be punished. Until he is, asking that he be seems terribly out of step with being American.

Presumed innocent is a great stance in the judicial system.

I don't see why I have to follow it in my day to day life though.

this is what i agree with. if you as an individual choose to boycott Nike over this, by all means do so. my problem is with the people who think Nike as a whole should drop him before his guilt has been proven.

And this is why OJ Simpson is still a sideline reporter and Jayson Williams is still an NBA Studio Host.

Hey, neither ever had their guilt proven.

Archived