Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

According to Scout.com our offensive line ranked 7th in the NFL

gobigred

7. Washington Redskins

The Redskins have one of the best tackle combinations in the league in Jon Jansen on the right side and Chris Samuels on the left. They are big parts of a unit that was one of only three in the NFL to give up fewer than 20 sacks (19) in 2006. At the same time, they were able to gain over 4.5 yards per carry and pile up the fourth-best overall rushing total (2,216 yards) in the league. With the highly respected Joe Bugel coaching the line, the players are starting to live up to expectations. They are not the heaviest line in the league, but they are athletic and do a great job of eliminating mistakes that can cause turnovers and losses. Center Casey Rabach has become the glue that holds the unit together and is just coming into his prime in his sixth season. Guard Randy Thomas is also in his prime.

:applause: :logo:

See im drinking the Wade Koolaid for some reason. I think he will fit in nice with our line. Yes, him being 6'7 does worry me some especally on the counters and also with zone blocking but ive watched some film from last year and the man is pretty athletic for his size. Stong at the point of attack and has good foot work for his size. Hopefully, he will be a solid addition to our O line.

See im drinking the Wade Koolaid for some reason. I think he will fit in nice with our line. Yes, him being 6'7 does worry me some especally on the counters and also with zone blocking but ive watched some film from last year and the man is pretty athletic for his size. Stong at the point of attack and has good foot work for his size. Hopefully, he will be a solid addition to our O line.

If I am not mistaken,Wade is 6 -8 where Doc is 6-6.Not a huge difference but it could be a factor.I like what Wade did at tackle when he got the chance last year.Just hope the move works.

With the highly respected Joe Bugel coaching the line, the players are starting to live up to expectations.

I give Buges all the credit in the world but these guys aren't just starting to live up to expectations. Samuels struggled for one year under Spurrier's ill conceived protections schemes but he has been very good other than that. Randy Thomas has been excellent from day 1 and Jon Jansen is solid.

Fiar assessment I guess. But Ill talk about that after week 1 when it counts.

(The names are blacked out. Might want to fix that.)

I agree, pretty fair considering the loss of Dockery. Staying healthy and Todd Wade at guard are the only question marks.

The names were probably links to the player profiles.

Read ours, now read this and tell me why they were ranked ahead?

5. Cincinnati Bengals

The Bengals have a combination of experience and youth with right tackle Willie Anderson entering his 12th season and the other four players following his lead. They have a quality left tackle in Levi Jones, who is more of a finesse-type blocker than a smashmouth drive blocker, and massive guards Bobby Williams and Andrew Whitworth, both of whom are in the 340-pound range. The center position is adequately handled by third-year man Eric Ghiaciuc, though he is still learning the nuances of the position at the NFL level. Cincinnati was in the middle of the pack last year with 36 sacks allowed and just 3.7 yards per carry, and having pretty much stayed put with the same group, it will be difficult to show much improvement.

Somebody want to explain how the Bengals line is ranked so high? They gave up nearly twice as many sacks as we did (36-19) and averaged just under a yard less per carry (3.7-4.5)?

Cincinnati

36 sacks (19th)

3.7 ypc (28th)

94 ypg rushing (26th)

Washington

19 sacks (3rd)

4.5 ypc (8th)

139 ypg rushing (4th)

The same can be said for the Patriots although to a lesser degree.

New England

29 sacks (11th)

3.9 ypc (22nd)

123 ypg rushing (12th)

Read ours, now read this and tell me why they were ranked ahead?

5. Cincinnati Bengals

The Bengals have a combination of experience and youth with right tackle Willie Anderson entering his 12th season and the other four players following his lead. They have a quality left tackle in Levi Jones, who is more of a finesse-type blocker than a smashmouth drive blocker, and massive guards Bobby Williams and Andrew Whitworth, both of whom are in the 340-pound range. The center position is adequately handled by third-year man Eric Ghiaciuc, though he is still learning the nuances of the position at the NFL level. Cincinnati was in the middle of the pack last year with 36 sacks allowed and just 3.7 yards per carry, and having pretty much stayed put with the same group, it will be difficult to show much improvement.

And most importantly in Cincinnati, no arrests...yet.

:wtf: the Bengals, Broncos and Pats ahead of us

the Bengals gave up a ton of sacks and lost Steinbach

none had near the sacks total (or lack there of) or rushing numbers :doh:

the Eagles ahead of is wrong, but more understandable

The Saints at number 8 is too low as well

Somebody want to explain how the Bengals line is ranked so high? They gave up nearly twice as many sacks as we did (36-19) and averaged just under a yard less per carry (3.7-4.5)?

Cincinnati

36 sacks (19th)

3.7 ypc (28th)

94 ypg rushing (26th)

Washington

19 sacks (3rd)

4.5 ypc (8th)

139 ypg rushing (4th)

The same can be said for the Patriots although to a lesser degree.

New England

29 sacks (11th)

3.9 ypc (22nd)

123 ypg rushing (12th)

nothing in these rankings are based in logic

just perception

I give Buges all the credit in the world but these guys aren't just starting to live up to expectations. Samuels struggled for one year under Spurrier's ill conceived protections schemes but he has been very good other than that. Randy Thomas has been excellent from day 1 and Jon Jansen is solid.

Oh I certainly think Bugel should get most the credit. These guys were "penalties waiting to happen" before Buges came back. And although they still commit some stupid and ill-timed (Rabach anyone?) penalties, Bugel has this line knocking heads and kicking ASSumptions. Hard to believe they are ONLY rated 7th, when the line helped the 'Skins become 4th in rushing and third in fewest sacks allowed last year.

:wtf: the Bengals, Broncos and Pats ahead of us

the Bengals gave up a ton of sacks and lost Steinbach

none had near the sacks total (or lack there of) or rushing numbers :doh:

the Eagles ahead of is wrong, but more understandable

The Saints at number 8 is too low as well

Who is number 1?

Archived