Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Oliver to SD in 4th, Gaither to Baltimore in 5th

BALLz

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2934052

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

RAVENS GATHER GAITHER

A league source tell us that the Baltimore Ravens have selected former Maryland tackle Jared Gaither in round five of the supplemental draft.

No other players are expected to be selected.

POSTED 1:47 p.m. EDT, July 12, 2007

CHARGERS TAKE OLIVER

A league source tells us that the San Diego Chargers have selected cornerback Paul Oliver in round four of the supplemental draft.

The process is now in round five.

Stay tuned.

These guys may be good. I'm glad neither are in the NFC East

These guys were in the suplemental draft for a reason... the sup draft has a worse hit rate than the now defunct NFLE . They tend to have either poor work habbits, intellegence or playing ability. Jarred does seem like a real talent BUT accedemic problems for what would be the second best tackle in the country doesnt seem to match up....esspeically considering he could have gone back to Maryland in 2008 making him eligable for the 2009 draft ...he could have declared for the NFL in 2007 . Somehow I just dont see him making the money now as a 5th round pick that he could have. If he sticks great but I just don't think this was the best/only opion for him

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against them at all and I hope they have a great career but don't weap a tear for them

I seriously doubt we are going to get a player in next year's 5th that has anywhere close to the potential that Gaither does. The guy would've been a great project for Bugel. I guess the Skins didn't like what they saw, although Baltimore did and they're pretty damn good at scouting talent.

Archived