Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which animal is this?

TODD

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

TheyBeStealinMyBucketSeal.jpg

scaryturdcreature.jpg

Do we have any aquatic mammal experts in the Tailgate? I kinda just want to know what it is. Mr. S and I can't quite figure it out, it looks too big to be a seal and too much like a stroke victim to be a manatee.

I had a tough time telling if it was a large sea lion or an elephant seal, the nose threw me off.

I have seen Sea Lions that big before, but the large eyes point more to Elephant Seal esque.

Elephant Seals usually have that distinctive trunk-like nose. Sea Lions have the nose more along the lines that is shown in the picture. Though, there are Elephant Seals (as twa mentioned the Southern Elephant Seal) that can have noses as such, as well.

Damn there is a whole website dedicated to this picture. It's called the "Walrus Bucket Saga." It starts at the bottom and goes up. Just click back on the bottom left to go through it:

http://hamsterinthewheel.com/fatalfury/walrus-bucket/index.php?m=05&y=07&d=23&entry=entry070523-205909

BTW, I now agree that it's an elephant seal.

Wait a minute, why would they title it "Walrus Bucket Saga" and not have all Walrus in it?

Archived