Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2008 Coaching - Take your pick

ThePreciating

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I think I'm going with Belichick. I think his style would work well in DC. This is the last year on his contract, and a lot of people seem to expect this to be his last year in New England. Check out PFT (www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm), they're saying we're expected to have interest in Belichick.

EDIT - Gibbs, Williams, and Saunders were included on the same option because under all three of them, we would be following the same vision (for lack of a better word) that we have now.

I think I'm going with Belichick. I think his style would work well in DC. This is the last year on his contract, and a lot of people seem to expect this to be his last year in New England. Check out PFT (www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm), they're saying we're expected to have interest in Belichick.

He may be a good coach, but he doesn't give a damn about the health of his athletes, and he lacks class. I don't want him.

Im defenitly want schotteinheimer back here. But since that is unlikely happening. I want russ grimm to become the new head coach. That would be my defenit choice. Young coach who has been in the game for a while and knows how to consistantly have a good o-line. We get him. Keep greg williams for defense coach. But i defenitly want russ grim back.

Check out PFT (www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm), they're saying we're expected to have interest in Belichick.

First of all, it's PFT lol...and second, every media outlet ALWAYS says the Skins have an "interest" in every available free agent or coach.

Lastly, I want Gibbs here for his entire 5 year stint, I don't want it ending asap like some other fans here do...so my vote goes to Gibbs in 2008.

Im defenitly want schotteinheimer back here. But since that is unlikely happening. I want russ grimm to become the new head coach. That would be my defenit choice. Young coach who has been in the game for a while and knows how to consistantly have a good o-line. We get him. Keep greg williams for defense coach. But i defenitly want russ grim back.

Never happen. if GWill isn't the next head coach, he's outta here.

First of all, it's PFT lol...and second, every media outlet ALWAYS says the Skins have an "interest" in every available free agent or coach.

Lastly, I want Gibbs here for his entire 5 year stint, I don't want it ending asap like some other fans here do...so my vote goes to Gibbs in 2008.

I agree with all of that. I just don't see coach coming back if we have another dismal year. If we have 2 great years, I still don't see coach sticking around and the job will probably go to Williams if the defense is playing like it did in '06. Which it has to if we're going to have any type of success.

He may be a good coach, but he doesn't give a damn about the health of his athletes, and he lacks class. I don't want him.

good point. we'd also have to put up with is hobo-esque gameday attire

Never happen. if GWill isn't the next head coach, he's outta here.

Yea your absolutely right. But him as head coach. I dont think that would a good idea. He wouldnt be that good here unless suanders stays and that wont happen either. So i say let both of them go and start over fresh with a new young person with new ideas and a new offensive philosophy that no one has ever seen. Thats why i think Russ Grimm would be the best choice. Yes he has coached in the league for a while but he hasnt had control of an entire offense before. He brings smash mouth runinng game here. He's had tutleledge under 2 great coaches. Joe Gibbs when he played here under gibbs and Bill cowhere. I think he is a great choice to hand over the riegns to.

Could you please explain how each of the three you have combined(Gibbs' date=' Saunder and Williams) would continue with the same vision? That's just ridiulous. In fact, one of our problems last year was their DIVERGING visions.[/quote']

Hahaha - let me try to "dumb it down" for you since you're having problems understanding how a team is coached.

A Gibbs coached team obviously won't change philosophy.

A Saunders or Williams coached team will UNDOUBTEDLY leave the philosophy on that coach's side of the ball completely unchanged. In fact, if the other coach's side of the ball plays well this year, then in 2008 the ENTIRE team philosophy will remain unchanged, regardless of which of those two the successor is.

People always say Gibbs is a run-first coach. Those of you who watched our 0-5 start in 1982 as we led the lead in total offense through those five games can vouch for how untrue that characterization is. Saunders and Gibbs are actually pretty similar. Go back and watch Saunders' first year in KC again - it looked pretty much like we looked last year. Both coaches revolutionized the deep ball - saying they're divergent just proves that you're spitting out what ESPN spits on you. Have the respect for your team to get unbiased facts.

Why not? You think Gibbs is the kind of coach/person who says "Welp, it's not getting any better so I quit"?

If anything, I see Gibbs getting a GM if they go 5-11 again this season...not quitting outright.

Joe gibbs wouldnt make a very good GM. Unless it deals with quarterbacks. The man does know talent at the quarterback position. But other then that, personell decisions have not been so good. I want Russ Grimm when gibbs is gone. Thats my pick.

I just can see Belicheck coming here. No way would it work.

(sorry to double-post, but this post is COMPLETELY unrelated to the last one - mixing would have made no sense)

Belicheck's big spending spree this year sounds like the exact type of thing he could get away with here due to one Dan Snyder. I bet Snyder and Belichick would get along fine, too. Belichick and Snyder would make a deal just like Gibbs and Snyder - final say on all decisions goes to Belichick, and Snyder won't interfere.

I'm not saying it's a lock, but when Gibbs leaves, I just don't see the reins being handed over either to Williams or to Saunders.

Why not? You think Gibbs is the kind of coach/person who says "Welp, it's not getting any better so I quit"?

If anything, I see Gibbs getting a GM if they go 5-11 again this season...not quitting outright.

I just don't think he wants to put up with it anymore at this point of his career/life. But wow getting a GM, now there's a thought....

Yea your absolutely right. But him as head coach. I dont think that would a good idea. He wouldnt be that good here unless suanders stays and that wont happen either. So i say let both of them go and start over fresh with a new young person with new ideas and a new offensive philosophy that no one has ever seen. Thats why i think Russ Grimm would be the best choice. Yes he has coached in the league for a while but he hasnt had control of an entire offense before. He brings smash mouth runinng game here. He's had tutleledge under 2 great coaches. Joe Gibbs when he played here under gibbs and Bill cowhere. I think he is a great choice to hand over the riegns to.

Russ Grimm would be cool, but I don't think he will be Snyder's 1st (or 2nd, or 3rd...) choice. We know him around here and hardcore NFL fans do too but he doesn't have the star power that DS craves. But he has paid his dues and I wouldn't mind seeing him become an NFL coach for the first time in Burgundy and Gold.

Archived