Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2008 Coaching - Take your pick

ThePreciating

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

If Daniel Snyder ever decides to kick Cerrato to the curve and get a real GM in here who knows how to make personell decisions. He might be pretty high on the list. In the next few years there might not be many head coaches to choose from that are high profile. Russ grimm for 09.

Cerrato is a joke.

Didn't Gibbs make a pitch to Grimm to join his staff back in '04 but he declined becuase he wanted to stay in Pittsburgh?

Spurrier fired grimm as the o-line coach so he could bring his own staff in. I doubt he made a pitch for grimm to come back. Joe Bugel was the o-line coach from the start and he hired somebody esle to come be the o-coordinator. I dont think gibbs offered for him to come back. Grimm was also piits O-coordinator at the time. Him coming over here mean he would be demoted to o-line coach or something. I dont think gibbs ask him to come over.

Hahaha - let me try to "dumb it down" for you since you're having problems understanding how a team is coached.

A Gibbs coached team obviously won't change philosophy.

A Saunders or Williams coached team will UNDOUBTEDLY leave the philosophy on that coach's side of the ball completely unchanged. In fact, if the other coach's side of the ball plays well this year, then in 2008 the ENTIRE team philosophy will remain unchanged, regardless of which of those two the successor is.

People always say Gibbs is a run-first coach. Those of you who watched our 0-5 start in 1982 as we led the lead in total offense through those five games can vouch for how untrue that characterization is. Saunders and Gibbs are actually pretty similar. Go back and watch Saunders' first year in KC again - it looked pretty much like we looked last year. Both coaches revolutionized the deep ball - saying they're divergent just proves that you're spitting out what ESPN spits on you. Have the respect for your team to get unbiased facts.

Please don't come at me with that "dumb down" ****. You have never displayed anything resembling a knowledge of football. There will never be a need for you to explain something to me, especially coaching. Also, your "unbiased facts" obviously don't include the "fact" that Gibbs took over playcalling last year SPECIFICALLY because Williams and Saunders styles were clashing so much. Gibbs took us back to our "old" philosophy ans suddenly things settled. It is common knowledge that Williams, despite greatly respecting Saunders, did not want him here because he was worried that defensive considerations would not be taken into account in Saunders playcalling. He was right, and once Gibbs took over, again it settled. I don't understand how you can sit there and really believe they all have the same philosophy in light of the way things have transpired. It's criminally negligent.

Would anyone be surprised if GW became the Head Coach once Gibbs retired? I kind of thought that was the arrangement. Nothing in paper, but rumors were flying that Williams would become Head Coach once Gibbs left.

With that said, I hope Grimm stays in Arizona until we are ready for him to be our Head Coach. He's going to be a great coach where ever he goes. I say we get to him first.

Please don't come at me with that "dumb down" ****. You have never displayed anything resembling a knowledge of football. There will never be a need for you to explain something to me' date=' especially coaching. Also, your "unbiased facts" obviously don't include the "fact" that Gibbs took over playcalling last year SPECIFICALLY because Williams and Saunders styles were clashing so much. Gibbs took us back to our "old" philosophy ans suddenly things settled. It is common knowledge that Williams, despite greatly respecting Saunders, did not want him here because he was worried that defensive considerations would not be taken into account in Saunders playcalling. He was right, and once Gibbs took over, again it settled. I don't understand how you can sit there and really believe they all have the same philosophy in light of the way things have transpired. It's criminally negligent.[/quote']

I think Saunders should have just took over the passing game becuase he runing plays where clearly not working. I think if gibbs called the run plays and saunders called the passing plays we would have been better off. Williams gave his assistants to much power which is the mean reason why we failed last year on defense. That will not happen again. The linebacker coach wanted lavar gone so he could replace him with holdman because he said holdman looks good in practice. As you know he was fired. They changed up the coverage schemes for archuleta. Even the archuleta wasnt that good before he got here, he did not expect to be in coverage that much. We all called for archuletas throat becuase he was horrendous in coverage and got us slaughtered in the passing game. This is due to greg williams putting trust in his coaches and that proved to be a big mistake.

Spurrier fired grimm as the o-line coach so he could bring his own staff in. I doubt he made a pitch for grimm to come back. Joe Bugel was the o-line coach from the start and he hired somebody esle to come be the o-coordinator. I dont think gibbs offered for him to come back. Grimm was also piits O-coordinator at the time. Him coming over here mean he would be demoted to o-line coach or something. I dont think gibbs ask him to come over.

Hey man, Grimm went to Pittsburgh in 2000 so that was before Spurrier. I could be wrong about Gibbs offering him a job, but it was a little more removed than that.

Would anyone be surprised if GW became the Head Coach once Gibbs retired? I kind of thought that was the arrangement. Nothing in paper, but rumors were flying that Williams would become Head Coach once Gibbs left.

With that said, I hope Grimm stays in Arizona until we are ready for him to be our Head Coach. He's going to be a great coach were ever he goes. I say we get to him first.

The word on the street is GWill has a deal in place with Mr. Snyder that if he isn't the next head coach he will get a settlement upwards of $1M. I think the only way he is the next head coach is if Gibbs leaves on a good note with the defense playing at a high (2005) level.

With that said, I hope Grimm stays in Arizona until we are ready for him to be our Head Coach. He's going to be a great coach were ever he goes. I say we get to him first.

Yea but you know how snyder is. Spurrier was suppose to stay another year but snyder made him resign. Schotteinhemer was gone after one year which was unexplainable. Only reason that comes to mind is becuase he ran things his way. But when things started working, we were on our way. But marty was fired. Snyder hated the fact that he didnt want high priced free agents or a large number of superstars on the team becuase they cost you games and he was right. We lost the first dallas game thanks to stephen davis fumbling when the game was locked away. Champ Bailey got burned the second dallas game for the game winning touchdown when Tony Banks brung us back. And we lost to the bears the second to last game before the playoffs thanks to David terrel not being able to cover a linebacker brian urlacher. We would have consecutive playoff births if it wasnt for snyder. So i wouldnt be suprised if greg williams gets let go by snyder for another big name coach.

I voted NONE of the Above-

1. You really think Kraft will just let Belichick fly away?

2. How many times has Gibbs said he intends to fullfill the entire 5 years of the contract he signed before people get it?

We'll be looking for a coach after 08.

and that coach should be russ grimm.

I voted NONE of the Above-

1. You really think Kraft will just let Belichick fly away?

2. How many times has Gibbs said he intends to fullfill the entire 5 years of the contract he signed before people get it?

We'll be looking for a coach after 08.

He has to fulfill it. Our offence will have a group aneurysm if they need to learn another system.

I say keep it in house

Thats not going to go well becuase all the reporters in the media will start talking blasphemy and spreading rumors that they hope are true. Like when sean taylor didnt show for OTA's. They blew that one way out of proportion. Then they lied and said some of the players said he was holding out. So sad how they wish bad luck on the redskins. They wanted that to happen so bad. Sean Taylor request or something of that sort.

The only thing wrong with this picture is that the guy is not wearing a Dallas Jersey.

and that coach should be russ grimm.

I have noticed your sentiment for Russ Grimm but I ask you this, how many head coaching jobs has he interviewed for in the last few years?

Do the teams that didn't hire him know something we don't?

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Russ Grimm successful as the Redskins head coach, but....

The overpaid players that lead the team to 5-11 seasons here set the agenda. They always get their money and mandate when training camp starts, how hard it will go, what downs they play on (Portis), spill the beans completely to the media, and have been generally undisciplined, embarrasing the team with mental errors, penalties and personal fouls. Bellichick runs that ship, his team polices itself, they're smart, don't make mistakes, play hard and they win. They have to earn their money too.

Anyone that wouldn't want him, and all of his hugabaloo, here--for the simple reason of winning football games, instilling discipline and shipping out primadonnas--is blinded by the past or a pipedream and not living in the now.

Archived