Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sprint v. Verizon wireless

Mr. S

My family and I are thinking of changing our service plan. Currently have T-Mobile, but are looking at Sprint/Verizon.

I just wanted to get some feedback from people about Sprint wireless v. Verizon. Verizon seems to be the best option, but Sprint doesn't seem too bad. They both use the CDMA network, and based on coverage maps, they cover the areas my family needs.

Any Sprint users have something to offer?

Uh, you should stay away from Sprint. I have had friends with Sprint and they always get bad signals.

I have Verizon and never had signal problems when I shouldn't have them, unlike Sprint.

Cingular sucks too. Contrary to its commercial, Cingular drops calls very often.

yeah, AT&T/Cingular and T-Mobile aren't really options, mainly cause they do suck for th emost part.

BOth are the same price, Sprint has some nicer phones available, and offers nights/weekends starting at 7 pm and free in-network calling. Verizon doesn't offer any frills, but I've known that it has good service.

The quailty of service that Verizon provides leads me to this conclusion...Jack Bauer must be using Verizon...seriously when was the last time he complained about bad cell-phone service?

he also doesn't use the bathroom though...

I guess it could help if I let you knwo the locations of where we will use these phones. I'll be in Knoxville, TN in 2 months, my brother leaves for Cleveland this week. My parents just use it in the northern virginia area from Loudoun to Arlington/Springfield.

yeah, AT&T/Cingular and T-Mobile aren't really options, mainly cause they do suck for th emost part.

BOth are the same price, Sprint has some nicer phones available, and offers nights/weekends starting at 7 pm and free in-network calling. Verizon doesn't offer any frills, but I've known that it has good service.

verizon has free nights and weeks and in-network calling/texting.

verizon seems to be married to LG and you don't have options for the new iphone or GSM phones. with GSM, you can use the phone anywhere on earth (with a fee). i think verizon still uses the cdma networks, but they do sell dual version phones that "may" work internationally. oh yea verizon loves to lock features of phones that other providers don't mess with.

the worst thing about verizon is their Get it now and Vcast services. They want you to pay for everything! With cingular and other providers its pretty easy to download free games and play them.

I have Sprint/Nextel and it's not all that great these days. I've dropped calls where I haven't dropped them before and have lost service in areas I haven't lost it before. Customer service is....okay but nothing special. I haven't heard very few bad things about Verizon.

Verizon big TIME, i had Sprint/Nextel. Coverage stinks, and phones arent that great. Verizon is more expensive, but its well worth the extra money. I have service just about everywhere. And they have great plans, and extra insentives. Like new phone every 2 years free!!! and other great things. Definantly Verizon

Verizon is pretty damn good. But my only complaint is the locking of major features on my razr v3m. Service is pretty good all around. I dont get service in my house at all, which is quite an annoyance but if you leave my neighborhood the service jumps to full. kinda weird actually. But while my friends cant even recieve a call in my house im able to send texts and make calls when needed.

BTW, if you take a look at Bauers phones its a nextel only phone. So Jack Bauer uses Sprint. That may sway your decision.

BTW, if you take a look at Bauers phones its a nextel only phone. So Jack Bauer uses Sprint. That may sway your decision.

haha, I could care less what Jack Bauer uses, though I guess others do. I would think he uses Sprint, seems like that is a common government phone service to have.

Archived