Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP:JLC-Justin Hickman

CommDownMan

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2007/06/justin_hickman.html

Justin Hickman

Forgot to check up on him until just now, when I ran into Bubba. Hickman is the undrafted DE they signed out of UCLA, who had some pretty strong performances his last two seasons in college. DeWayne Walker, former coach here now D Coordinator for UCLA, had some pretty good things to say about the kid when I spoke to DeWayne a few weeks back, thought me could play in the league.

Well, Hickman hurt his knee at the start of the final day of rookie camp last month. Since then, Bubba said the player has been doing rehab in California but is to report here for the start of mini camp next Thursday. Hickman has a bone bruise in his knee and will be re-evaluated when he gets back to town. Bubba said there is a chance he may be able to get on the field for mini-camp, but they just won't know until they get a chance to check him out.

Given the issues at DE, he's someone I was kind of keeping my eye on.

My Basketball team work UCLA's home games as a fund raiser. I got to see Hickman a lot, that dude just finds a way to get to the QB. I think he's a tweener might be best in a 3-4 as a blitzing lb like Joey Porter just my :2cents: . I think he has a real upside as a pro, he's not just camp fodder.

I dont know about that, the Practice squad can only hold so many players. I'd think he'd have to be really impressive just to make it that far.
As of now, he is battling for a PS spot with:

Joe Sykes.

Alex Buzbee

Chris Wilson

Sykes will be his toughest competition, but there's a very good chance that we go with 5 DE's (Wynn being a hybrid DE/DT on 3rd down). If Sykes makes the team then Hickman is the frontrunner for the PS spot over Buzbee and Wilson.

Its a shame...I was hoping we could find a diamond in the rough. U guys are right...if hes not on the field..hes a goner!

Lets hope Byron Westbrook, Dallas Sartz, and H.B. Blades are our diamonds in thr rough. 3 diamonds in one draft = victory.

Archived