Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does it make you sick that the Eagles could be bowl bound?

88Comrade2000

I guess we were the last team to beat the Eagles in a playoff game at the Vet........avenging the Body Bag game and getting Fat Buddy fired in the process. Schweeeeeeeeeet!!

To the matter at hand........yes, it is going to be tough for me to stomach the Birds going to and possibly winning the SB, but my personal distaste for Philly teams simply has a lot to do with being an outsider sports fan when I lived up there. However, I do respect what they've done the past three years, and anyone who thinks the Eagles are going to be anything but formidable competition in the playoffs is just talking out of their rear-ends. If the Birds had to go up against Tampa or Green Bay without D-Mac, I'd say they'd be in some trouble. But all indications are that he'll be back for the postseason. Homefield advantage will still be important, and the Eagles still have their work cut out for them.......despite the Cowboys poor showing yesterday, winning in Dallas isn't a guarantee, and now even the Giants may have something to play for in the finale. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. If the Birds do maintain HFA, the question then becomes who has a better chance to beat them at the Vet......the Pack or the Bucs? (i'm discounting San Fran after their embarrassing showing against the Eagles). I think the Bucs are better than the Pack, but don't trust them to go into the cold Vet and pull out a victory.

Originally posted by Bufford

I think you guys are the 2nd best team in the NFC. That's pretty damn good. I just think Green Bay has played a slightly harder Schedule (Beat Miami, Lost to the Saints) and has the same record as you guys. Personally I think they could eat Philly alive in the playoffs when a QB like Favre goes comes to town and repeats Mannings amazing numbers.

losing a few games isn't a big deal but look at the QB's in those games. Manning, Brunell, McNair. QB's who have (can) played big when it counts and in you get Favre....he's the big dog in the playoffs. Beating up on Collins, Ramsey, Hutchinson, Warner and Plummer isn't the same league. The only top QB in the league you faced and beat was Garcia.....no Brad Johnson doesn't count. Not on this board.

It is certainly possible that GreenBay could beat us if we played in the playoffs. They are obviously a good cold weather team, and have a good running game and great QB. That being said, I think Philly has been more consistent this year (certainly the second half of the year). Favre is 0-5 at the Vet, and I think their injuries may be too much to overcome if they have to come here. I'm more afraid of them then TB though.

Originally posted by Brave

Why must I be angry simply because I don't believe Philly will make the Super Bowl with their "practice squad" QB?

Beat those teams in the playoffs Tricky Dick. Then come back and talk.

San Fran will be lucky to win a playoff game. They will face either New Orleans, atlanta or the Giants in the wild card round. They may not make it out.

Tampa's defense could make it miserable for Feely but Tampa doesn't win in cold.

Green Bay seems the best team to knock off the eagles and that would be on the arm of Brett Favre alone.

Whoover gets home field and I think it will be the Eagles; will be the nfc champ.

Well, I for one think the Eagles will be in the SuperBowl. The NFC STINKS this year. The Niners or Tampa have no shot in Philly. The only teams I see coming in here with a shot at an upset is GB and Atlanta. Quite frankly, I hope the Eagles see Atlanta. I think a QB like that could really hurt the Eagles, who get to prey on immobile QB's each year. But relying on teams like GB and the Niners, both whom WE hung with until the 4th quarter, to beat this team is unrealistic.

The Eagles quite frankly have been a very lucky team. If you look at last years playoff scenario for them, they couldn't have asked for an easier path! I mean TB@home, @Chicago (who was over-rated, and McNabbs' home town for Pete's sake) and @St. Louis. The only tough one they lost.

Oh well. They will be in the SB, cause the NFC stinks this year.

Originally posted by Brave

Why must I be angry simply because I don't believe Philly will make the Super Bowl with their "practice squad" QB?

Beat those teams in the playoffs Tricky Dick. Then come back and talk.

To be honest mate im just trying to wind you up! :laugh:

If Farve is on form then Green Bay would be the only team id be cautious of, i dont like Tampa, not this year not ever!

One comment this has erradicated for ever is the old: 'Duhhh the Eagles are 1 Lavar hit away from being a joke'

Which has pi&&ed me off the last couple of years, now we need to get rid of the 'Duhhhhh da Eagles!! dem aint won no Superbowl, weeze in Dallas, Washin-ton & NY ave! you'se is holdin da East back'

Originally posted by Richard Nixon

Which has pi&&ed me off the last couple of years, now we need to get rid of the 'Duhhhhh da Eagles!! dem aint won no Superbowl, weeze in Dallas, Washin-ton & NY ave! you'se is holdin da East back'

The Eagles look good this year, but alas will not win the SB. Yes you beat the Bucs, but that was early in the season. Tampa's D is hitting it's stride, and Brad Johnson (Yet aonther ex-Redskins :doh: ) is also having a pretty terrific year.

And as I said before, The Eagles will never win a SB, because their horrific fans don't deserve one.

The only things that "make me sick" about the Eagles in the SB are:

• Their fans.
  • The thought that somebody up there seems to have the ability to look at a Skins player and recognize the over-achievers (and not think that that's a bad label).

The Eagles are a team that seems to know how to build teams. I remember when we could do that. (I remember some reporter asking Art Monk about the fact that no Skins receiver was in the top 10 in the NFL individually, but the team was winning Super Bowls. His response was "Our attitude is 'Our team can beat your team'".)

The Bucs scored a defensive touchdown against the Eagles and STILL couldn't compete. That makes 12 straight quarters where the were physically whipped. Please stop with the 'hitting stride' crap. Bucs @ the Vet = No chance. On the other hand... on any given Sunday you can be 'Favred'.

Philthy is a good team this year but they won't make the SB. Yeah their fans suck and all that but look at the other teams out there and how complete they are compared to the Fecals.

Farve appears to be more than healthy, has the postseason exp. and has four threats to throw to on anydown. They don't even have to run the ball and they can win. The Eagles' specialty on D is stopping the run. Those CB's are not good enough to stop Farve. The onluy chance the Feeq's have is to get Mcnabb back and let him run on every down. At best, they'll stay int the game and hope for a turnover on d which Farve has been a bit shakey with at times this year. Once you get him in that position, its hard fro him to get out............

Originally posted by IAMBG

Philthy is a good team this year but they won't make the SB. Yeah their fans suck and all that but look at the other teams out there and how complete they are compared to the Fecals.

Farve appears to be more than healthy, has the postseason exp. and has four threats to throw to on anydown. They don't even have to run the ball and they can win. The Eagles' specialty on D is stopping the run. Those CB's are not good enough to stop Farve. The onluy chance the Feeq's have is to get Mcnabb back and let him run on every down. At best, they'll stay int the game and hope for a turnover on d which Farve has been a bit shakey with at times this year. Once you get him in that position, its hard fro him to get out............

Have you ever even seen an Eagles game?

Do you even watch football?

Ugh. :puke:

:pint:

'The Eagles specialty on D is stopping the run'

Yeah, you're right... 2 Pro Bowlers, BOBBY TAYLOR AND BLAINE BISHOP... that's one weak secondary... unbelievable...

I'm not trying to take anything away from Patrick Ramsey (NO rookie QB has a chance vs. JJ's scheme) but how many passes did he complete when the game was still in doubt?

seems that i am in the small minority here as far as skins fans go.

with only one exception (the 'girlz), i root first and foremost for the nfc in the SB. in addition, i root for the nfc east in any and all playoff games, again dallas being the exception. i don't have any real dislike for the giants, and my dad is a birds fan.

i like it best when the nfc east/nfc SB team is the skins. it's a no brainer that way:D

Archived