Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does it make you sick that the Eagles could be bowl bound?

88Comrade2000

The Eagles are in position to capture homefield advantage.

Eagles 11-3, 10-0: @Boys,@Giants

Packers 11-3,9-3: Bills,@Jets

Bucs 11-3,8-3: Steelers,@Bears

Even if the Eagles lose to the Giants, they would still have 11-1 nfc record and they already beat Tampa who will lose to the Bears-something about cold whether :laugh: .

I think the Eagles have the best schedule to get homefield and frankly I don't see them being beat-even without Mcnabb. Green Bay may have a shot. Tampa can't play in cold weather.

So I think the Eagles will represent the NFC. :puke: Will they win? Depends who they face-it's hard to tell with the afc being so wide open.

It makes me sick because I look at the Eagles in comparison to us and see a team that is not much better in individual components but is far superior in the sum of their parts.

But to be honest, the Eagles are the best team I've seen this year. They may not remind us all of great Super Bowl winners of the past but they are probably the best team in football at this point.

I do not believe the Eagles will go to the Super Bowl.

They have looked good against us, but that's not saying very much. The Skins aren't very good. Let's see how they look against Tampa Bay, Green bay or San Fran in the playoffs.

At some point they will face a stingy defense and will have to rely on Feely to win and I don't think he will. At some point they will face an offense in synch.

They do look good and deserve much acclaim for the heart they've shown all year ... especially since McNabb went down. But I just don't see them making the Super Bowl.

There is no way that the Eagles are going to the Superbowl. I mean I know it doesn't sound that good, but if they can't blow us away, then a team like Green Bay is going to beat the hell out of them. The good teams aren't going to keep turning the ball over.

Originally posted by Brave

They have looked good against us, but that's not saying very much. The Skins aren't very good. Let's see how they look against Tampa Bay, Green bay or San Fran in the playoffs.

Didnt we beat Tampon & San Fran already?, oh yea thats right, we blew both of them out, niners in SF.

Dont get angry 'cause our practice squad QB blew you away.

Originally posted by Steve Y

There is no way that the Eagles are going to the Superbowl. I mean I know it doesn't sound that good, but if they can't blow us away, then a team like Green Bay is going to beat the hell out of them. The good teams aren't going to keep turning the ball over.

It was 31-7 at one point, allowing the Eagles to basically play zone, run the clock and celebrate the division title. Two cosmetic TDs made the score a bit more respectable, but the game was never really in doubt after the fumble return. And I'm a chronic worrier who wasn't concerned.

Closest competition to the Eagles are the Bucs (whom they've beaten this season) and the Packers (GB is 0-5 at the Vet). If the Eagles get HFA, then they will be incredibly tough to beat, especially when McNabb returns.

Best of luck against the Texans.

I think Philly has done it right and built itself the right way and in my view they are the best "team" in the NFC. It doesn't disturb me that they may represent the conference in the Super Bowl. Why would it? It would probably irk me if they win it all though.

but while they point and who they've beaten....only 2 of those teams are considered above average teams. Tampa and San Fran. Both teams struggled yesterday and one of them lost. However, they got schooled but a middle of the road Colts team and Jax who lost to Houston.

Sorry, not speaking out of bitterness here but I can't see them winning the NFC Title game if they get that far.

Originally posted by Bufford

but while they point and who they've beaten....only 2 of those teams are considered above average teams. Tampa and San Fran. Both teams struggled yesterday and one of them lost. However, they got schooled but a middle of the road Colts team and Jax who lost to Houston.

"Middle of the road..." hm, I didn't realize that 9-5 with two perrenial All-Pros on offense, two productive running backs, and a much-improved D that allows only 20 points a game was only mediocre in the NFL... I must be thinking of some other sport. Oh, and that Tennessee team we lost to, yeah they're going to the playoffs too. These aren't exactly the Bengals.

These were all early season losses. The Eagles are peaking right now, and without their franchise QB. A lot of factors go into making it to the Superbowl, so I'm far from claiming that they're a lock, but they're in the best position of all the teams in the NFC, so saying you can't see them winning the NFC championship is a little ridiculous.

Also, whoever decided that Champ Baily should continue returning punts for you guys should be run out of professional football. Its a joke to watch.

:pint:

Originally posted by Richard Nixon

Didnt we beat Tampon & San Fran already?, oh yea thats right, we blew both of them out, niners in SF.Dont get angry 'cause our practice squad QB blew you away.

Why must I be angry simply because I don't believe Philly will make the Super Bowl with their "practice squad" QB?

Beat those teams in the playoffs Tricky Dick. Then come back and talk.

Do you Eagle fans really have confidence that your "practice-squad QB" can win a game in the playoffs? W/O McNabb playing at a high level, the Eagles offense will be throttled in the playoffs.

Your boys were far more impressive in the game at FedEx. The Redskins just completely gift-wrapped that game yesterday. Now, that is what bad teams do, and good teams do take advantage of those mistakes, which the Eagles did. But, I wouldn't classify that as peaking. If the Eagles were peaking, they would have won that game by 40+ points.

The problem is, when you face other good teams in the playoffs, victories need to be earned. They aren't handed to you. A good defense would just shut out the Eagles offense right now. And a good, efficient O would not give the Eagles scoring opportunities and shoot itself in the foot constantly. A good ST would BLOCK that punt and would CATCH the freakin' ball.

The point is that a good team would have capitalized on the Eagles play yesterday. It wasn't the performance of a "peaking" team.

Originally posted by Bufford

here you go Stinky. People seem to agree.

http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/voice_of_the_fan/20021216.html

p.s. Mannings Perfect QB rating in Philly was SOOO Early in the season.

Wow, one guy writes in to a website and that convinces you that the masses are in agreement?

anyway, given the fact that there has only been one undefeated team in league history, I'd say that a few losses a year are to be expected. And I'd be surprised if most Superbowl teams of the past didn't have a few let-down games during the season.

So, even though they lost a few games, the fact still remains, the Eagles are 11-3, in control of home field for the NFC at the moment and playing more consistantly and with more heart than just about any team in the league... if somehow you don't see that as boding well for them in the playoffs, than there is nothing more to say...

:pint:

The Eagles are a good team, BOTTOMLINE. It doesn't make me sick whatsoever that they might be in the SB. Of course, being that they are an NFC East foe, I am not too happy, however I can't hold it against them for being a good team. They made believers out of EVERYONE while winning with McNabb on the sideline. I didn't think they could do it, but they did and proved all my theories wrong. What does make me absolutely sick is that the GIANTS are still in the playoff hunt and I think all they need to do is go 9-7 and they will be in(not 100% sure though). This is such a BLAND giants team that I can't believe they might backdoor their way into the playoffs. We should have beaten that team both times, but our scrub players decided to forget about the fundamentals of HOLDING ON TO THE DAMN BALL with BOTH HANDS at CRUCIAL TIMES. The Eagles are a good team, the Giants are NOT, however the Giants have a good chance at the Wildcard, that makes me sick.

Originally posted by Brave

At some point they will face a stingy defense and will have to rely on Feely to win and I don't think he will. At some point they will face an offense in synch.

They do look good and deserve much acclaim for the heart they've shown all year ... especially since McNabb went down. But I just don't see them making the Super Bowl.

First, McNabb WILL be back for the playoffs. Second, Feeley isn't even starting next week- Detmer is. Third, we've beaten TB and SanFran this year, by 10 and 21 pts respectively. Fourth, I really like our chances with any team coming to the vet, especially TB and San Fran.

Bufford, I know you are trying to look at this objectively, but I don't think you really are. You keep harping on one loss. The Colts are a good team, and the Eagles were just badly prepared and flat that day. Bottom line. As Stink said, most teams do not go 16-0. It's to be expected that we'd have a game like this. You also cannot blame the Eagles for the schedule that was put in front of them. I didn't think the Eagles played that well yesterday, but they didn't have to. If it was closer, we wouldn't have went into a Cover 2, and Ramsey wouldn't have gotten those junk yards. There is no team in the NFC atm that is better than the Eagles.

Blah, check that, it was rumored Detmer was going to start this weekend, but Feeley is getting the nod again. The reason we didn't look as good this time SonnyJ, IMO, is that we have a 3rd string QB who still doesn't know the offesne too well, which constricts the playbook, preventing vertical passing, making it a very boring game to watch.

The Eagles are the class of the NFC. The fact that they could win four game in a row with a nobody at QB says it all. I really enjoy watching them play, because their team is greater than the sum of their parts. In this day and age, any team can capture lightning in a bottle and take it to the SB. San Diego in 94, New England in 96, Atlanta in 98, New York in 00 and IMHO New England again in 01 were all average teams that just happened to be at the right place at the right time. But Philly isn't one of those. They were built from the ground up to be good and to stay good. I only wish the Redskins could take some notes from those guys.

I think if they do lock up home field advantage throughout (and McNabb comes back for the playoffs) they'll be in the SB this year.

Yeah, as reported before the game on 610 WIP, McNabb will definitely be ready for the playoffs. Whoever said the Eagles 'were unimpressive yesterday and if they play like that Green Bay wil kill them' was absolutely right. One of the topics of discussion yesterday was that the Eagles could win without their 'A' game with a backup QB. That is impressive. Trivia Question... When is the last time anyone came into the Vet and left with a playoff victory? (Throwing you guys a bone)... If the Eagles get home field you can punch the ticket to San Diego.

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

Bufford, I know you are trying to look at this objectively, but I don't think you really are. You keep harping on one loss. The Colts are a good team, and the Eagles were just badly prepared and flat that day. Bottom line. As Stink said, most teams do not go 16-0. It's to be expected that we'd have a game like this. You also cannot blame the Eagles for the schedule that was put in front of them. I didn't think the Eagles played that well yesterday, but they didn't have to. If it was closer, we wouldn't have went into a Cover 2, and Ramsey wouldn't have gotten those junk yards. There is no team in the NFC atm that is better than the Eagles.

I think you guys are the 2nd best team in the NFC. That's pretty damn good. I just think Green Bay has played a slightly harder Schedule (Beat Miami, Lost to the Saints) and has the same record as you guys. Personally I think they could eat Philly alive in the playoffs when a QB like Favre goes comes to town and repeats Mannings amazing numbers.

losing a few games isn't a big deal but look at the QB's in those games. Manning, Brunell, McNair. QB's who have (can) played big when it counts and in you get Favre....he's the big dog in the playoffs. Beating up on Collins, Ramsey, Hutchinson, Warner and Plummer isn't the same league. The only top QB in the league you faced and beat was Garcia.....no Brad Johnson doesn't count. Not on this board.

Archived