Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 1 vs Miami: White out?

emor09

I'm just proposing an idea. You know how some Penn State football games and Ohio State basketball games, they had white outs? That is where all the fans wear the same color shirt, just a white shirt. It may be more of a college thing, but i think that may be a good way for us fans to set the tone week 1. We could all just show up in plain white shirts. I think it would be very intimidating.

Any thoughts or any way this could happen?

I'm not following how that is intimidating. Doesn't Miami wear all white too???

me either.. and the only white out things I have done in college is wear white t-shirts and then have a party and have all the girls that come over write whatever they want to in highlighter on your shirt adn you turn the black light on and get drunk and crazy.. but i dont see how this "white out" transfers to football??

not to be an ass or anything, but umm not really... i dont see how them wearing all white is intimidating.. it makes me think of my bed.

well the game wasnt started yet when that video happened, it was just the beginning...

school colors is what they do. Maroon or Orange effect, wear those colors on a certain gameday at VT. For us, it's Burgundy or Gold, wear that only.

Course the wine & cheesers will still wear their dumb shirts and ties.

I'm just proposing an idea. You know how some Penn State football games and Ohio State basketball games, they had white outs? That is where all the fans wear the same color shirt, just a white shirt. It may be more of a college thing, but i think that may be a good way for us fans to set the tone week 1. We could all just show up in plain white shirts. I think it would be very intimidating.

The Miami Heat do that too

How 'bout a NAKED-OUT? ..Now THAT would be intimidating...But the question would be: For WHOM????

Or maybe if we acctually win a football game that could make a statement.

me either.. and the only white out things I have done in college is wear white t-shirts and then have a party and have all the girls that come over write whatever they want to in highlighter on your shirt adn you turn the black light on and get drunk and crazy.. but i dont see how this "white out" transfers to football??
I'm not following how that is intimidating. Doesn't Miami wear all white too???

I'm with these guys I just don't see how this is intimidating.

I have been to several games at Beaver Stadium where the white out is in full effect. I also have not missed a home Redskins game in several years and the college crowd is so much more into the game. The only uniformity in color that is seen at Fedex field is when the club level does not show back up for the third quarter and almost all the seats are gold. I always find the crowd to be lacking and flat at the start of the second half how about we worry about cheering for the whole game before we start worrying about matching colors.

Ok..you get to stand at the entrance and tell the 12 year old kid with a new burgundy Jason Campbell jersey that he's been waiting since Christmas to wear to take it off and put on this white t-shirt...

Ok..you get to stand at the entrance and tell the 12 year old kid with a new burgundy Jason Campbell jersey that he's been waiting since Christmas to wear to take it off and put on this white t-shirt...

He should have worn it to the Giants game... Face it, the kid missed his chance...

Archived