Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 1 vs Miami: White out?

emor09

The Winnipeg Jets did this years and years ago during the playoffs. (before the got shipped to Phoenix)

So how about we instead of having a 'white out' have a 'Winnipeg Jets Out' Everyone has to wear a Winnipegs Jets jersey to our home opener against the 'Fins.

May not be intimidating but it'll defintely confuse the Dolphins, all game Taylor will be turning to Thomas asking what a Winnipeg Jet is and who the hell Ed Olczyk is.

Dear Redskins fans-

Please show your support for your favorite team Week 1 vs. Miami. To do this, and get into the stadium, everyone must wear a burgundy Redskins jersey. If you don't have one, don't worry - the stadium NFL shop will be open that day!

Sincerely,

Dan Snyder

The Winnipeg Jets did this years and years ago during the playoffs. (before the got shipped to Phoenix)

So how about we instead of having a 'white out' have a 'Winnipeg Jets Out' Everyone has to wear a Winnipegs Jets jersey to our home opener against the 'Fins.

May not be intimidating but it'll defintely confuse the Dolphins, all game Taylor will be turning to Thomas asking what a Winnipeg Jet is and who the hell Ed Olczyk is.

Then a guy could get some use from that Dale Hawerchuck jersey in the closet.

instead of white we should all wear burgundy. i think it would look pretty cool and the team would know that we are supporting them and that we have already forgotten last season. so count me in!

I'm with it too. All burgundy throughout the stadium would be hot.

not to be an ass or anything, but umm not really... i dont see how them wearing all white is intimidating.. it makes me think of my bed.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

It is cool when it is certain colors, not so much intimidating, its just a sign of unity, KC does it for every game. Anyone catch the NBA playoffs? When The warriors beat the Mavs in that last game, all of the arena was wearing yellow shirts. Dehydrated piss yellow shirts, but they were unified through them. (yes I put a thousand commas in, Finals are next week, keepin the mind fresh and rested.)

I dont really get it, the Panthers do that here. Everyone will wear blue jersey or shirts one week and white another. I dont really think its intimitading and is just kinda silly. If i pay money to go to the game im gonna wear what ever the heck i want to. It would be dumb to have a dress code for football games.

It's hard enough to get everyone to show up wearing REDSKINS gear. What makes you think anyone could organize something like this? We should be ashamed with all of the different colors in the stands come Sunday. It could pass for just about any stadium if not for the team.

Im all for it. Its just hard to get everyone to do it, 90,000+ fans....Id love to see it happen. I think its a better idea to try to do it for the Cowboys game. Make a bunch of flyers and pass them out at each home game leading up to the Cowboys game, then you might have a chance of alot of white

I'm just proposing an idea. You know how some Penn State football games and Ohio State basketball games, they had white outs? That is where all the fans wear the same color shirt, just a white shirt. It may be more of a college thing, but i think that may be a good way for us fans to set the tone week 1. We could all just show up in plain white shirts. I think it would be very intimidating.

Any thoughts or any way this could happen?

Sorry, but white t-shirts (or any color) shouldn't intimidate a professional football player. A crowd armed with sniper rifles, on the other hand, would be somewhat intimidating.

:)

How about everybody that is a "TRUE" Redskins fan just yells and scream as loud as you can during the entire game, not just this game, but every game, so that maybe some of these wine and cheeser fans who just sit there and twiddle their thumbs will stop coming to the damn games!!!

This isn't Kansas City where it looks alot cooler and every game is done that way.

It would be nice for our players to see a unified fan front going into the season. If anything give them something to talk about and be motivated in the following days or weeks looking back b/c they are getting hurt and earning a salary for our entertainment.

Archived