Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GOP debate tonight on Fox

Koolblue13

Why on THAT issue? Uf :doh:

Focus on the big fight Ron, the boondogle that is Washington DC and the federal gov't.

With Ron you get the total package...no compromises...God luv him.

It was only a matter of time before Ron Paul caused a stir.

eh he was causing a stir already, but that one was just plain stupid and self destructive. Ron Paul has good ideas, the problem with him is he only has one speed and its ramming speed. I dont think the best job for him is leading, the best job for him is attacking issues and thats what congress does.

Focus on the big fight Ron, the boondogle that is Washington DC and the federal gov't.

The role of American's role in the world is sort of a big deal. Ron Paul showed why he could never win on a national stage. He needs to learn the art of spin and talk like a politician. Being right and honest often means political suicide. He made important points that should be made at an intellectual debate, not one for presidency. Sigh

The role of American's role in the world is sort of a big deal. Ron Paul showed why he could never win on a national stage. He needs to learn the art of spin and talk like a politician. Being right and honest often means political suicide. He made important points that should be made at an intellectual debate, not one for presidency. Sigh

I am not disagreeing with you at all

I wish Paul had the oppurtunity to and was focusing on the issues which he could really bring people together on, the waste, inefficient and riddiculously large federal gov't.

I think he could have made some headway there

Then again, he is Mormon and until 1965, they hated blacks.

Dum, dumdumdum, dum.

eh he was causing a stir already, but that one was just plain stupid and self destructive. Ron Paul has good ideas, the problem with him is he only has one speed and its ramming speed. I dont think the best job for him is leading, the best job for him is attacking issues and thats what congress does.

What did he say exactly?

Damnit Ron, you could have done some damage. Now its a lock that republican establishment will shut him off from the CNN debate.

I turned off the TV (out of frustration), so give me updates when Ron talks

Whats frustrating is they are not giving him questions where he could do some damage

Clearly his views are not congruent with most Republicans in regards to America's role in the world

He could make some significant movements on the role and size of the federal gov't, but he never gets asked questions about it

Whats frustrating is they are not giving him questions where he could do some damage

Clearly his views are not congruent with most Republicans in regards to America's role in the world

He could make some significant movements on the role and size of the federal gov't, but he never gets asked questions about it

Ok this might sound stupid but I noticed that unlike the MSNBC debates this one has commercial breaks. Ron Paul talking about the role and the size of the government isn't going to keep people watching, I also noticed that McCain, and Rudy, and Romney to an extent, seemed to get more airtime then the other, lesser-known candidates.

Yeah, the ignored him. Whatever, he never had a chance anyway. I still love the guy.

If the guy wants to run for president; he should do it as an independent. His 9/11 comment made him look at a complete idiot. He's done, as for the republican nomination.

Maybe Bloomberg can give him a million to help him out.

I thought this debate far better than the MSNBC debate. Hopefully, CNN takes their cue from FOX and not MSNBC.

When you have 10 candidates its hard to have a real debate. It's time for the second tier candidates to fall by the wayside. They may have some good ideas but they have no chance in getting the nomination and frankly are wasting time.

The republican race is really 5 candidates: Guillani, Romney, Mccain and probably Thompson and Gingrich when they get it later in the year. Those are the 5 candidates who have the realistic chance to get the republican nomination. Those are the people who most likely we will have to vote for or not; so we need to hear more of them.

Needs to go: Tom Tancredo, Ron Paul, Jim Gilmore-- they have no chance and are taking away time from hearing fro, the people who realistically have chance.

Running for VP: Mike Huckabee, Tommy Thompson, Sam BrownBack, Duncan Hunter.

The needs to go tier will probably drop out on their own. The other could go a little longer but they won't last long.

By the time we get to actual voting; the upper 5 are the people I see being left. Maybe one or two of the potential veeps may still be there.

Damnit Ron, you could have done some damage. Now its a lock that republican establishment will shut him off from the CNN debate.

I turned off the TV (out of frustration), so give me updates when Ron talks

Interview after the debate(Hannity sucks)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ4IW0Y_7WY

This might make you happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB1laGq62Ac

Online poll

Ron Paul 1st place 30%

Interview after the debate(Hannity sucks)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ4IW0Y_7WY

This might make you happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB1laGq62Ac

Online poll

Ron Paul 1st place 30%

Yea that post interview was just dumb. Hannity showing (as always) what a blowhard he is

Again, the guy never gets put in a position to talk about how he meshes with the base in regards to the role of the federal gov't. Its a shame

Yea that post interview was just dumb. Hannity showing (as always) what a blowhard he is

Again, the guy never gets put in a position to talk about how he meshes with the base in regards to the role of the federal gov't. Its a shame

He got to talk about getting rid of the Dept. of Ed., Energy, and Homeland Security.

It's a shame he uses all those silly facts and quotes from the 9/11's report instead of just beating on his chest like Rudi. Reminded me a lot of Family guy on sunday.

It's a shame he uses all those silly facts and quotes from the 9/11's report instead of just beating on his chest like Rudi. Reminded me a lot of Family guy on sunday.

Rudi challenged him on one point. That 911 was because we were bombing Iraq. Now, if you can find that in the 911 report, I'd love to see it because as JMS will gladly go over w/ you repeatedly the 911 report says there are no real ties between Al Qaeda and Iraq. If we were attacked by Al Qaeda for actions we took against Iraq, then that would be a link nobody could deny.

The fact of the matter is that Rudi was right. We weren't attacked because we were attacking Iraq (and in particular bombing Iraq as stated by Paul). Instead of getting defensive, Paul should have said that Rudy misunderstood his original point and then clarified it. On the big stage, he crumbled.

Rudi challenged him on one point. That 911 was because we were bombing Iraq. Now, if you can find that in the 911 report, I'd love to see it because as JMS will gladly go over w/ you repeatedly the 911 report says there are no real ties between Al Qaeda and Iraq. If we were attacked by Al Qaeda for actions we took against Iraq, then that would be a link nobody could deny.

The fact of the matter is that Rudi was right. We weren't attacked because we were attacking Iraq (and in particular bombing Iraq as stated by Paul). Instead of getting defensive, Paul should have said that Rudy misunderstood his original point and then clarified it. On the big stage, he crumbled.

He could have done better, i'll agree with that. I heard the rest of what he was saying in the post game with hannity and he made a lot more sense. I don't know if I would say he crumbled though.

He could have done better, i'll agree with that. I heard the rest of what he was saying in the post game with hannity and he made a lot more sense. I don't know if I would say he crumbled though.

Well maybe unfortunately for him, but because of the way it was done, it is the only thing that he said in either debate that will be remembered, and he was wrong. After two debates, you don't want the only thing you are remembered for to be wrong.

Archived