Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs NASCAR Team

TGibson810

It would be great, but Gibbs has drivers at all levels working in temp rides looking for that 4th car. He's going to give some young folks a shot. He's already got a champ with Tony, and a fast riser with Denny. Not sure he would choose to add another big name to the team.

He can't take the 8 with him, it belongs to DEI

There is talk that Childress will unretire the #3 and have Bud on it. He'll be the only one to drive #3.

Hendricks already has a four car team, no room for Jr. there...RCR and JGR are the probably landing spots for Jr. RCR being richard cihldress racing where Dale Sr. raced, JGR--joe gibbs racing

Right. I'd say RCR is the front runner so far.

As long as Budweiser is the sponser, Jr will not be with Joe Gibbs Racing. Several years back Joe said he would not have a beer sponsor on his cars. I think were Jr goes Bud goes

Bud has already said they go where he goes, so yeah he'll stay in bud. No chance of a Redskins car even if he went to JGR.

It way too hard to start up your own teams. Michael Waltrip Racing has virtually failed and single owner cars DO NOT stay competative at all. You need multi car teams to trade testing, telemetry and setups with. Plus the cost alone for 1 car is more expensive than having an owner that has multiple teams. Plus, it is way too many hats for Junior to put on if he is car owner. It just takes up so much of your time that you lose the edge to race. He's only 32, and he wants to win a title. Ownership will deter that. Give him 10 more years and then he might start his own team or try to buy DEI.

It way too hard to start up your own teams. Michael Waltrip Racing has virtually failed and single owner cars DO NOT stay competative at all. You need multi car teams to trade testing, telemetry and setups with. Plus the cost alone for 1 car is more expensive than having an owner that has multiple teams. Plus, it is way too many hats for Junior to put on if he is car owner. It just takes up so much of your time that you lose the edge to race. He's only 32, and he wants to win a title. Ownership will deter that. Give him 10 more years and then he might start his own team or try to buy DEI.

What are you talking about, Robby Gordon is doing a great job as a one car team that he owns.

Dale Jr. would be a great pick up. I don't know where you newbies to Nascar are getting this "overrated" crap from. Are you still stuck in 2005 or something? Did you not watch nascar any year besides 2005? He's 12th in the standings right now and he finished 5th last season. He had an awful season in 2005 when he finished 19th, but in 2004 he finished 5th and in 2003 he finished 3rd.

With Tony Stewart 7th in the standings and Denny Hamlin 4th in the standings, I think picking up Dale Jr. could only improve Joe Gibbs Racing.

Dale Jr. would be a great pick up. I don't know where you newbies to Nascar are getting this "overrated" crap from. Are you still stuck in 2005 or something? Did you not watch nascar any year besides 2005? He's 12th in the standings right now and he finished 5th last season. He had an awful season in 2005 when he finished 19th, but in 2004 he finished 5th and in 2003 he finished 3rd.

Yeah I don't think overrated would be a good word to describe him. He completely dominated when he was in Busch and has done well in the Cup series up until recently, and I'd blame DEI being in disarray and subpar DEI setups for the car of tomorrow over Dale Jr's driving.

He has proven in the past that with a decent car he will do well and with a very good car he will dominate. If he goes to Childress, Hendrick or Gibbs he will get the very good car... and I predict that he will dominate. He'll be able to concentrate fully on racing and getting a championship and with any of those three teams he could easily do it imo.

As has been stated..#8 belongs to DEI.

Jr has his own team and wants to keep it small, so he will not bring his busch team to Nextel.

Jr, Stewart and Hamlin are all good freinds, and would be a sick team.

However, I said it last year and I'll say it again...Jr will be driving the #3...it was never retired, Childress stated from the start it is Jr's car if he wants it, and only an Earnhardt will drive that car. Thats where he will land....Childress driving the 3...probably a Budweiser #3.

As for him being overrated...completely disagree. he has grown ALOT withink the last year, and it shows in his patience and his driving strategy. With a new team, he will win.

Here are the options for JR as I see them (ranked in order of probability):

1. He joins RCR ad drives the #3 car.

Positive: RC has already offered the car and the #3 to him, it is just up to JR to take it. The revenue and R&D team of RCR far exceeds that of DEI.

Negative: The EXTREME pressure that will be on him if he drives the #3. Fans will want him to be as dominating as his father once was in that car.

2. He joins Hendrick's and Casey Mears is kicked to the curb.

Positive: Hendrick's is the hottest team in the cup right now and their revenue and R&D team is probably the best among the Chevy teams in NASCAR. Also, Hendrick's has an established relationship with Bud, being that he owned the car that was sponsored by Bud before JR joined the Cup Series.

Negative: With teammates such as Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson and Kyle Bush, JR will have to compete not only in races but also for money and attention within the team.

3. DEI comes to their senses and brings him back as the majority owner.

Positive: He gets what he wants and he stays with the team that he and his late father began.

Negative: There will be angst between himself and the resof the leadership. As well as a PR hit because he threatened to leave.

4. He joins JGR.

Positve: He has Teammates such as Tony Stewart and Denny Hamlin. Revenue and R&D that are among the top 3 Chevy teams.

Negative: JG does not like his sponsor and where ever JR goes Bud goes.

Personally, I would like to see him join Hendrick's but, RCR seems the best fit for him, IF DEI doesn't come to their senses and give him what he deserves.

I know not all Skins fans are NASCAR fans, but I know theres a bunch. Junior is leaving DEI and wants to drive a Chevy, that leaves RCR, Hendrix, and... Gibbs, and Dale JR. is a HUGE Redskins Fan. Anybody else want to see Dale Jr drive a Burgundy and Gold Chevy for Joe Gibbs?

I'm not a JR fan. And I really don't care where he ends up. However, I hope he doesn't go to RCR and drive the #3 car. I think he would be making the biggest mistake by doing that. No matter what he does he could never live up to what his dad did. I think the pressure of driving his dad's number would probably be something he can't handle. I doubt he ends up going to Hendrick. For one, they really don't have a spot for him. Gordon and Johnson aren't going anywhere. Kyle Busch either. And they just signed Casey Mears, so I don't see them just giving up on him already. But if there were an odd man out it would be him. I think him going to JGR would be ideal. He and Stewart already are great friends and work well on the track. He's also friends with Hamlin. That could be an awesome trio. Him going to RCR wouldn't be a bad thing. Afterall JR's dad and Richard Childress have a long history. Just don't drive the 3 car, JR!

That would be hot to see him drive a Burgundy and Gold car lol. I watch Nascar, and Gordon is my fav racer. But I like Dale Jr too.

Uh, he wouldn't be driving a Burgandy and Gold car. :doh: Budweiser is his sponsor. And they have already assured him they are following him wherever he goes. You should know this if you follow Nascar even the least bit. :rolleyes:

Junior and Stewart would be the greatest team of all time.

Gibbs would thank the lord even harder if he had that crew in addition to the team he's fielding next year, HERE"S TO THE FIRST NFL SPONSORED 'SKINS CAR! :cheers:

First off, Junior and Stewart wouldn't be the greatest tandem of all time. I guess you've never heard of Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson? And, AGAIN, he wouldn't be driving a Burgandy and Gold car with any Redskins logo. (not unless its for a race or two here and there). Budweiser is following him where he goes.:doh:

I guess it would be a good draw for Gibbs Racing because of the name. But as far as driving goes, Jr is probably the most overrated driver in NASCAR. He's the Michael Vick of auto racing (minus the off field stuff).

There is a lot of truth to this. I've never quite understood all the hype surrounding JR. Don't get me wrong, he seems like a great guy. And has talent. But for a guy with only 17 career victories he gets too much hype. You could definitely say he's made a living off his pop's name. Because he would barely crack the top 10 of best drivers out there. Well, he wouldn't be top 5, anyway.

give Dale the 18, kick out Crash Yeley, he's no good anyway.

Yeley isn't terrible. There are a lot worse drivers on the circuit, that's for sure. However, if JR did end up at JGR he might be driving the 18. But it would be with Budweiser on the hood. Not Interstate Batteries.

As long as Budweiser is the sponser, Jr will not be with Joe Gibbs Racing. Several years back Joe said he would not have a beer sponsor on his cars. I think were Jr goes Bud goes

You would be correct, sir. At least with Budweiser following him. I've never heard the other part before. But it wouldn't surprise me.

everyone is forgetting about denny hamlin also... that would be one sick team. i would love to see this happen... 8,11,20.

Wherever JR goes he won't be driving the 8 car. His stepmom has exclusive rights to the number 8. Meaning he will never again drive an 8 car unless she allows him to. And I don't see that happening.

Dude, that is a sin and you need to go to confession immediately. I believe Jr will be forming his own team and is bringing Truex with him. He'll be using Hendrix motors though. Junior has not lived up to the hype in my opinion but one may question his equipment. However, if he can not succeed with a Hendrix motor(like my boy Mark Martin is) than he might as well be the Heath Shuler of NASCAR.

Nothing has been confirmed about him starting up his on team next year. In fact its more likely that he goes to either JGR or RCR. Maybe even Hendrick. I guess if he can't work something out with one of those teams then he will go with starting up his own team and using Hendrick engines. And, as of now, Truex Jr is remaining with DEI. Don't know where you get your info from.

i bet that's not too far off with that guess....

he and denny hamlin are best friends, is a huge fan of JG...who knows.

edit: I just wish UPS would change their sponser from lispy michael waltrip and go the JGR :) Dale Jr could drive the truck

Uh, Dale Jarret drives the UPS car, not Michael Waltrip. :doh:

Archived