Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Landry get paid more than Taylor?

Angus

I think it wouldnt matter, cause at the very least Taylor deserves the big money, and no one will say we overpaid for him. Landry is a good young player who probly will get good money cause of being a high pick, but I'm sure the Skins have figured out ways to pay them both.

He isn't allowed to. Going by long standing Redskins doctrine, no lesser player can make more money than a better established player.

If he demands more than Taylor, they should release Landry because they will be justified in sticking with their mantra. Just ask Smmooooooot and Pierce.

Landry should be paid more, just because every year the first overall makes more money then last years last first overall, kind of works like this for money (fake numbers)

Year 1

1st. 10

2nd 8

3rd 7

4th 6

5th 5

4th 4.5

Year 2

1st 12

2nd 10

3rd 9

4th 8

5th 6

6th 5.5

Year 3

1st 14

2nd 12

3rd 11

4th 10

5th 8

6th 7

or something like that

He isn't allowed to. Going by long standing Redskins doctrine, no lesser player can make more money than a better established player.

If he demands more than Taylor, they should release Landry because they will be justified in sticking with their mantra. Just ask Smmooooooot and Pierce.

Sometimes a beat down is appropriate in certain situations.

BUT it is Redskins policy not to pay lesser unproven players more than the ones that are proven stars. What can they do in this situation!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Tired of the McNugget silence. Not happy with your draft picks. Upset that light bulb Kolb got drafted. Angry that the FO did not spend every penny of cap space.

Or, do you have nothing better to do than stir the pot.

Clark+Black+average pay= Taylor is good, but Clark must coach him/does not play to full potential

Arch+White+payday= Taylor plays like gabbage, makes big hits/goes to Hawaii

Landry+Black+payday=Taylor Pro Bowl, independent Taylor, nasty taylor,

Rosenhaus+White= never heard from again

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?!?!!?

sorry Ima drunk

Clark+Black+average pay= Taylor is good, but Clark must coach him/does not play to full potential

sorry Ima drunk

Maybe rehab would help.

sorry Ima drunk

That is incoherant to the highest degree.

Or, do you have nothing better to do than stir the pot.

That's all Westy ever does, is try to stir up the pot.

He knows full well that comparing the Smoot/Springs and Pierce/Washington situations to the Landry/Taylor situations are apples and oranges, he just wants to try to pee on our parade. He knows that Smoot was a second rounder, and Springs was playing much better than him. He also knows that Pierce was undrafted, and Washington was playing better than him. Finally, he knows (self-pronounced super-duper-draftnik, no less) about the draft and slotting.

BUT it is Redskins policy not to pay lesser unproven players more than the ones that are proven stars. What can they do in this situation!?!?!?!?!?!?!

This has been the "rule" when dealing with resigning our own players or signing Free Agents. It is not the case when dealing with rookie draft picks. The only certainty here is that Landry will make more than any other rookie on the team.

My guess is that due to inflation Landry will see a larger rookie contract than Taylor got. The system and slotting being what it is and Landry being chosen only one pick lower than Taylor 3 years later it only makes sense.

That's all Westy ever does, is try to stir up the pot.

He knows full well that comparing the Smoot/Springs and Pierce/Washington situations to the Landry/Taylor situations are apples and oranges, he just wants to try to pee on our parade. He knows that Smoot was a second rounder, and Springs was playing much better than him. He also knows that Pierce was undrafted, and Washington was playing better than him. Finally, he knows (self-pronounced super-duper-draftnik, no less) about the draft and slotting.

I'm just stating how people like you change the rules. Taylor is playing better and he was a higher draft pick. To pay Landry more would mean that the Skins will have abandoned their number 1 excuse for letting core Redskins depart.

sorry Ima drunk

Holy crap this cracked me up. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm just stating how people like you change the rules. Taylor is playing better and he was a higher draft pick. To pay Landry more would mean that the Skins will have abandoned their number 1 excuse for letting core Redskins depart.

No rules are being changed. Paying free agents and paying draft picks is completely different. We pay free agents based on performance. A lesser player will not get a bigger contract than a better player at the same position. Draft picks are paid based on the going rate for the slot they were picked at for that year. Apples and oranges.

That said, Landry will probably make more than Taylor at first. But I hope the Skins use the opportunity to rework Taylor's contract and lock him up for a few more years.

And if he does, will that cause problems? Sometimes these salaries for high picks cause resentment.

:mad:

Good question, logic tells me no! Remember we picked Taylor at 5 in 04'. Landry at 6. Similar rookie contracts this may speed the process of a contract extension in my eyes for Taylor though. I don't make those decisions though and rightfully so :D

If Taylor and his agent are even slightly intelligent, they would have been knowledgeable already about draft slotting, inflation, and the yearly rising salary cap figure...and would know that Landry being possibly paid more than Taylor was should not taken personally, it's just the realities of economics.

And if Taylor's agent is a typical agent, he'll make sure to portray Landry's larger salary as a personal insult to Sean, and will make Snyder and Gibbs pay every penny possible to make it up to Taylor.

Archived