Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For post 3K, a little optimism

GrimReefa

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I said 0 to 4 wins just because whenever I seem to think we're going to have a good year and talk **** about it we end up sucking (see, of, the last 15 years.)

So let me declare now, we will SUCK this year. I hope we can win A game. Has any team ever finished a season 0-16 before? If not we might have a record-breaking year.

It's the off season. Doesn't matter who we all wanted to draft and where. Doesn't matter that the trades and drafts we picked up are all sensible additions to correct some of last season's woes. It's the off season.

SB baby!

Now looking at it with a smidgin less optimism I would say Championship game on one condition. That condition isn't that our DL stays healthy. Nor is it that our D pick ups fit the system so causing the 3 and longs we need. It's not based on the evolution of our O which was already starting to look good. It's down to one man and how he is perceived.

Can GWs get his D back to wanting to play for him? If he does we're looking good. There have been signs. He admitted personal failure when he said other teams had figured out his D. This is huge because at the start of the year he thought he could plug players in and have it work because he was so good. Can he pull it off? Does he have what it takes? I hope so.

Im with you man there is alot to be optimistic about this offseason. We didnt go out and sign every aging big name free agents. We had a pretty quiet offseason and sign some key players and had a decent draft. So i think that Gibbs is getting everything in place to return this team to glory. I mean if you just look at some of the similarities to the players we have now and the ones we had back in the super bowl years. You see alot of similarities, and i have a good feeling it may all come together this year.

Good post. I am cautiously optimistic about this season. I believe we are a much better team and have a chance to do great things, but the x-factor, injuries, having the ball bounce the wrong way one too many times, etc., those things scare me. The Redskins have not been a very lucky team in the past decade and a half.

If we finish at 10-6 i'll be disappointed. 2nd year under Saunders. I'll bet anyone that are at the very, very least 9-7. It will be fun to look back on the archives after we go to the Superbowl this year.

Were playing a few, over half of our schedule if Im not mistaken were playoff teams last year. A few others were off by a game or 2. 10-6 I will be very satisfied.

It all depends on how the games go that we lost, was it a good game or close throughout the game? It all depends. Im going to take it a game at a time approach.

Your last sentence... Of course, were going to be the Big game winners!

I sure felt good going into last year, but we hit some serious speed bumps. I think we did what we needed to do to just tweek it a little and we should be right back where we were going into last year. I think the health of CP, the addition of LFB to run the D and the growth of JC with the first team and an offseason will translate well. When I saw CP on the NFL network, he said he and I asume the rest of the team, had a bad additude going into last season. Like something was owed to the Skins. This year everybody has thier minds right and health back. I just think last year was a speed bump. We are gonna roll!

In an offseason full of optimism I think its great to chat about this, but as others much wiser than I have commented previously; all of this is just hot air till the first snap of the preseason. Thats when it all comes together. Right now ofc every fan on this board is wanting a trip to Arizona, we wouldnt be fans if not. I would like to think we get 9+ wins (ofc I would as above) but I dont know dick about whats gonna happen until such time as the team steps on the field.

In an offseason full of optimism I think its great to chat about this, but as others much wiser than I have commented previously; all of this is just hot air till the first snap of the preseason. Thats when it all comes together. Right now ofc every fan on this board is wanting a trip to Arizona, we wouldnt be fans if not. I would like to think we get 9+ wins (ofc I would as above) but I dont know dick about whats gonna happen until such time as the team steps on the field.

I do! Super Bowl baby!!! :point2sky

Regular Season:

I think we will play with a chip on our shoulder for the first few games...4-1.

Then we will start falling off a bit due to the early bye and some minor injuries to key players...6-4.

Then injuries heal and we pick it back up and win most of the games down the stretch...10-6.

Playoffs:

We are blessed by being in the NFC and get a homefield advantage for the wild card round, which we win. And a close divisional round game. Depends if we get homefield advantage whether we win or not.

Maybe a little homer-esque, but still somewhat realistic.

I wish I was closer to my 6,000 post. But I agree with some of you that, 10-6 would be fine and maybe we make an upset in the playoffs. I'm looking at a better season than last year. Even in our 3-13 season, which was our worst ever in the 16 game schedule, we were competative.

Archived