Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which team will repeat in the top of the draft in 2008

Veretax

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I said yesterday that I wanted to run a poll like this just to see what folks think. So Excluding the washington redskins, which of these teams at the top of the draft is most likely to make a repeat visit to the top ten of the draft in 2008, and if you have a reason as to why please post that as well.

I made this poll public so let's see what the ESers think.

I voted Miami, because I think Ted Gin won't have enough of an impact this year, and Beck will need at least a year before he makes a huge difference. The only chance the Dolphins have in being able to avoid this honor is if Culpepper is retained and healthy next season.

how are the skins not listed here?

Because I'm confident enough people would vote skins just because of the negativity we seem to exude for the FO. And some of us already believe it could be a 2 year process to rebuild our Defense anyways. So pick another team, Its "excluding the skins" for a reason.

Because I'm confident enough people would vote skins just because of the negativity we seem to exude for the FO. And some of us already believe it could be a 2 year process to rebuild our Defense anyways. So pick another team, Its "excluding the skins" for a reason.

I was about to ask you why, but thats a good explanation, only thing, if you leave the skins off this should be in around the NFL. Not to be a jerk.

That's interesting, I didn't think polls were allowed in around the NFL only legitimate articles. If I am wrong in that by all means move it to around the NFL.

If we wanted a poll with two questions we could I suppose add a question will the skins repeat in the top ten picks next year hrms

That's interesting, I didn't think polls were allowed in around the NFL only legitimate articles. If I am wrong in that by all means move it to around the NFL.

If we wanted a poll with two questions we could I suppose add a question will the skins repeat in the top ten picks next year hrms

no, You are probably right, I apologize. it dosnt matter anyway, I'm going to vote for Oakland either way.

I voted Miami, because I think Ted Gin won't have enough of an impact this year, and Beck will need at least a year before he makes a huge difference. The only chance the Dolphins have in being able to avoid this honor is if Culpepper is retained and healthy next season.
Ditto.

I agree with you also.

I beleive a (sleeper?) bad team will be the Falcons, Vick isnt great, there is a new coach, I dont see them being all to dominating.

Raiders have a great D

49ers are on the way back up

Viking have enough to maybe do something

Bucs were better than thier record

Browns might be bad and will definitly be bottom dwellers

I wanted to pick the lions because, well, they're the lions

Cards will be bad until proven otherwise

Might be the Falcons, if that scumbag Vick gets jailed for animal cruelty, like he should, but probobally won't

But, until the Houston Texans adress the Offensive Line, they will not win football games. I like the moves they have made, but come on. When channels are making fun of it for predraft commercials and you still don't have a single quality starter on the whole line. you will lose football games.

The Skins will be in the top 10 next year, or close to it (it pains me to admit this but I know we're a 6-10 team at best). I'd love to be proven wrong though!
Can this crap end already. The Skins are not even mentioned in there for a reason and you still find a way to take a cheap shot.

Wow 102 resopnses thus far and overwhelmingly you guys seem to think Oakland will return.

Results

1. Oakland: 48 46.60%

2. Houston Texans: 13 12.62%

3. Detroit Lions: 13 12.62%

4. Cleveland Browns: 11 10.68%

5. Miami Dolphins: 9 8.74%

6. Minnesota Vikings: 4 3.88%

7. Tampa Bay Bucaneers: 3 2.91%

8. Arizona Cardinals : 1 0.97%

9. Atlanta Falcons: 0 0%

10. San Francisco 49ers: 0 0%

I found it interesting that Detroit and Houston are also listed in that top. Detroit I understand but Houston?

Oakland for instance drafted:

RD PK(OVR) NAME POS SCHOOL
1 1(1) JaMarcus Russell QB LSU
2 6(38) Zach Miller TE ARIZONA STATE
3 1(65) Quentin Moses DE GEORGIA
3 28(91) Mario Henderson OT FLORIDA STATE
3 36(99) Johnnie Lee Higgins WR UTEP
4 1(100) Michael Bush RB LOUISVILLE
4 11(110) John Bowie CB CINCINNATI
5 1(138) Jay Richardson DE OHIO STATE
5 28(165) Eric Frampton S WASHINGTON STATE
6 1(175) Orenthal O'Neal FB ARKANSAS STATE
7 44(254) Jonathan Holland WR LOUISIANA TECH 

They've added a lot of youth, and if Michael bush recovers from his injury they will have three top tier backs in Jordan, Rhodes and Bush, (Figure jordan is the odd man out there0> I agree they may look like the most likely to fail this year. They've added a ton of young players across the board. They have a new coach, and if the system is different then yeah that could translate into hard to find success. However, we thought the same thing about New Orlenas before their new coach came in. A change in chemistry (read: Randy Moss is gone!) can make a huge difference. I would not be surprised to see them compete for the wild card spot.

As for Houston, I can see why some of us would think they have a higher likely hood of busting out on the others.

RD PK(OVR) NAME POS SCHOOL
1 10(10) Amobi Okoye DT LOUISVILLE
3 9(73) Jacoby Jones WR LANE
4 24(123) Fred Bennett CB SOUTH CAROLINA
5 7(144) Brandon Harrison S STANFORD
5 26(163) Brandon Frye OT VIRGINIA TECH
6 9(183) Kasey Studdard OG TEXAS
7 8(218) Zach Diles ILB KANSAS STATE 

Okoye may take time to develop, and houston failed to draft a top tier OL to help them out. Schaub may not be who the Texans think he is, So you gotta hope that these young OLineman don't take more then a year to grow into their positions, or schaub may be seeing more stars then touchdowns. I can see this totally.

Detroit:

RD	PK(OVR)	NAME	POS	SCHOOL
1	2(2)	Calvin Johnson	WR	GEORGIA TECH
2	11(43)	Drew Stanton	QB	MICHIGAN STATE
2	26(58)	Ikaika Alma-Francis	DE	HAWAII
2	29(61)	Gerald Alexander	S	BOISE STATE
4	6(105)	AJ Davis	CB	NORTH CAROLINA ST
4	18(117)	Manuel Ramirez	OG	TEXAS TECH
5	21(158)	Johnny Baldwin	ILB	ALABAMA A&M
7	45(255)	Ramzee Robinson	CB	ALABAMA

While they added CJ and Staton, noone here honeslty thinks staton will start this year, their defense was suspect and their oline really needs to improve so yeah the Lions probably are looking at a shot at being in the top ten again next year.

Cleveland

RD	PK(OVR)	NAME	POS	SCHOOL
1	3(3)	Joe Thomas	OT	WISCONSIN
1	22(22)	Brady Quinn	QB	NOTRE DAME
2	21(53)	Eric Wright	CB	NEVADA LAS VEGAS
5	3(140)	Brandon McDonald	CB	MEMPHIS
6	26(200)	Melila Purcell	DE	HAWAII
7	3(213)	Chase Pittman	DE	LSU
7	24(234)	Syndric Steptoe	RS	ARIZONA

Cleveland did a good job with its 2 1st round picks. Eric wright should add to their Dbacfield, but I'll be honest Jamal Lewis is a back probably on the wrong side of 30. If the browns plan to start Quinn they seriously should try to add some other RB talent behind Anderson.

So yeah I can definitely see why some folks would see them falling like that

AT least this is how this poll is trending. And I can see why. Poll is going majorly against oakland which was a bit of a surprise but not a total one.

Oakland is the obvious choice. They had the worst team this year, they got rid of the best playmaker on the team, they have a new HC, one who has no experience HCing in the NFL (not that I think that that is a bad thing in the long run, but it should hinder them in year 1), and they'll either be starting a rookie QB or Josh McCown. I don't think they'll necessarilly be picking at 1 again, but I do think they'll be somewhere in the top 10.

Archived