Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our traded picks and what we could have had

dfbovey

Whats funny is if you take the high road, the Fairweather fans come out of the woodworks and try to deflate your opinions and call you mindless homers.

That is actually very true and probably will never change but just because Joe Gibbs just farted more football knowledge than the collective board will ever have doesn't mean he doesn't make mistakes and can't be criticized. No amount of genuflecting at the Joe G. altar can gloss over the TJ Duckett trade. That was poop from the second it was made. Getting TJ Duckett was not a bad move, in fact it was pretty smart. Giving up a 3rd rounder was not.

What is truly frustrating is people can't let the mistakes go and no matter what the discussion fall back on the prior mistakes as proof that any future moves are just as idiotic. What kills me is how proud the Chicken Littles are of how negative they are.

What is truly frustrating is people can't let the mistakes go and no matter what the discussion fall back on the prior mistakes as proof that any future moves are just as idiotic. What kills me is how proud the Chicken Littles are of how negative they are.

"Chicken Littles" is an infinitely more appropriate name to call someone who sees impending doom coming. "Fair weather fan" just doesn't make sense in this context.

That is actually very true and probably will never change but just because Joe Gibbs just farted more football knowledge than the collective board will ever have doesn't mean he doesn't make mistakes and can't be criticized. No amount of genuflecting at the Joe G. altar can gloss over the TJ Duckett trade. That was poop from the second it was made. Getting TJ Duckett was not a bad move, in fact it was pretty smart. Giving up a 3rd rounder was not.

Its sad that they live there lives in the past which means they don't know the good that is to come for the future. Anyways I belive we can get back to being a top 10 D, similar to the way we played 2 seasons ago during the playoff run.

I can't say if this draft will be good or bad yet, but I will take the high road and belive that these guys will be our future stars, if they don't pan out, oh well thats why we have a draft every year b/c guys don't always pan out. I'm glad we should have more picks next year, just in case they don't work out.

"Chicken Littles" is an infinitely more appropriate name to call someone who sees impending doom coming. "Fair weather fan" just doesn't make sense in this context.

So to all " Chicken littles", STOP WHINING, WE HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED A GAME IN 07 YET!

If you can complain about players drafted that haven't even played a game yet, you will complain about anything. In the meantime, I'll be here to insert foot in your BIG HOLE :laugh:

I'd welcome this team proving me wrong. I don't take any kind of pride in watching this team struggle. What irritates me is to see people gloss over mistakes just because it's Joe Gibbs. Joe Gibbs is not untouchable or beyond criticism.

OK--someone go back and see what we could have done in the draft if we had decided to keep trent green for the $4 mil a year he asked for, instead of spending picks getting BJ, ramsey, etc

talk about 20/20 wish lists...

OKay I feel a bit embarrased who is BJ?

I'd welcome this team proving me wrong. I don't take any kind of pride in watching this team struggle. What irritates me is to see people gloss over mistakes just because it's Joe Gibbs. Joe Gibbs is not untouchable or beyond criticism.

Of course Joe Gibbs makes mistakes and if you can find a coach that hasn't you'll be the 1st to ever do that.

Whats idiotic is judging players before they've ever played an nfl game. That kind of bs is for the media. I hope they all pan out for us, but I'm not going to cry over spilt milk, so to speak.

Of course Joe Gibbs makes mistakes and if you can find a coach that hasn't you'll be the 1st to ever do that.

Whats idiotic is judging players before they've ever played an nfl game. Thats kind of bs is for the media. I hope they all pan out for us, but I'm not going to cry over spilt milk, so to speak.

I didn't judge any of the players on my list or any of the players that the Redskins drafted, I simply said this is who I would have taken if we still had those draft picks that we traded away. Keeping in mind team needs.

And for someone who says they won't cry over spilled milk, you've certainly done your share of moaning over this thread.

I didn't judge any of the players on my list or any of the players that the Redskins drafted, I simply said this is who I would have taken if we still had those draft picks that we traded away. Keeping in mind team needs.

And for someone who says they won't cry over spilled milk, you've certainly done your share of moaning over this thread.

prove it, show some proof that I'm moaning about my team. And then I'll respect your opinion, until then your just another " chicken little ". :)

I guess some people just can't handle optimism. Why are you even a sports fan, if all you do is wait for struggles to ***** about, whats the fun in that?

So to all " Chicken littles", STOP WHINING, WE HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED A GAME IN 07 YET!

If you can complain about players drafted that haven't even played a game yet, you will complain about anything. In the meantime, I'll be here to insert foot in your BIG HOLE :laugh:

Fair enough. Hopefully we'll do wonderfully and win a Superbowl, with Landry being the MVP. If so, I'll gladly eat crow. If the run defense and pressure on the QB is there with this current Dline, I'll also be thrilled. But, um, if the senior citizens on our Dline come up injured and lame once again, and if our junior no-talent non-starters are starting once again, I might also very unhappily say, "I told you so." :(

prove it, show some proof and then I'll respect your opinion, until then your just another " chicken little ". :)

Prove me wrong and I'll respect your opinion. Until then you're just another mindless lemming incapable of independent thought.

And prove what exactly? It's an opinion thread where I listed players I would have taken if we still had those picks. If you would like to argue against the players I listed, have at it. Other than that you haven't provided anything relevant to the conversation in this thread, other than moaning over the topic. If you don't like the topic, move on.

Prove me wrong and I'll respect your opinion. Until then you're just another mindless lemming incapable of independent thought.

Why does optimism bother you? All I said was that you can't judge these players that YOU Say we should've drafted. Sorry if I trust Gibbs over you, don't take it personal but are you a HOF coach?

prove it, only thing I've done is stay optimistic through this whole thread. You make bogus statements and can't back em up w/ any proof.

I guess some people just can't handle optimism. Why are you even a sports fan, if all you do is wait for struggles to ***** about, whats the fun in that?

There's a sliding scale that goes something like this:

<-Pessimism-------------Realism--------------Optimism->

Chances are there are sports fans all along this continuum. Personally, I feel I'm slightly right of center - more optimistic than realistic (yes, I too thought the skins would go 10-6 last year), but nowhere near blind optimism. You're clearly to the far right. Both are fine places to be, as is someone who enjoys being pessimistic. Who are you to tell someone how they should enjoy their sports viewing? But more to the point, if someone, either realistic or pessimistic, wants to gripe about the latest FO moves, why is this a problem?

Why does optimism bother you? All I said was that you can't judge these players that YOU Say we should've drafted. Sorry if I trust Gibbs over you, don't take it personal but are you a HOF coach?

Optimism doesn't bother me. People who think Gibbs is beyond criticism and can do no wrong do. Gibbs is a HOF coach, not player personel director or GM. He coached the Redskins to a 5-11 record last year. I'm sure that's satisfactory to you, but you obviously need to raise your expectations.

Why does criticism bother you?

prove it, only thing I've done is stay optimistic through this whole thread. You make bogus statements and can't back em up w/ any proof.

And what statements would those be? That we traded draft picks away and that I listed the players I would have taken with those picks if we still had them? What bogus statements have I made? Quote them and I'll respond.

dfbovey= chicken little: which means he crys over things we can't change now and looks at past struggles as future results.

By the way I will not be responding to your bogus statements anymore b/c you say things and can't back them up.

dfbovey= chicken little: which means he crys over things we can't change now and looks at past struggles as future results.

By the way I will not be responding to your bogus statements anymore b/c you say things and can't back them up.

See ya, thanks for adding nothing but your homer/lemming babble to the conversation.

I'm a homer, and always optimistic, but can you say that trading our 3rd pick for Duckett (nothing), was a good move? I think Gibbs would even say it was a mistake. Your not an optimist, your a cheerleader. You can say Gibbs knows best in any argument on this board, but it's stupid. This FO has made tons of mistakes. Even if we do win the Superbowl this year, it won't prove anything. Arch was a mistake, Duckett was a mistake. Responding to you is definitely a mistake.

Archived