Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How will Romo fair with that HUGE line infront of him?

skinsngibbs4life

I was talking to one of my friends today, who of course is a cowboys fan, and we started talking about offensive line.

He went on to list the height of all the starting lineman:

F. Adams 6'8"

L. Davis 6'8"

M. Colombo 6'8"

A. Gurode 6'5"

Then there is one spot open on the line that is undetermined. That spot could also be filled with on of the lineman that they drafted, who is also 6'8".

Now, does anyone see a possible problem here? Tony Romo sits to pee is a little small for QB standards, standing at 6'2". That's a 6 inch difference between him and most of the line.

Does anyone else think that he might have some troubles trying to pass over this line next year? Personally, I think they are going to have to try and roll him out of the pocket a lot just so he can see.

I dont know, maybe this isn't a problem, and I'm just thinking about it too much, but it really made me think about their passing game next year.

I was talking to one of my friends today, who of course is a cowboys fan, and we started talking about offensive line.

He went on to list the height of all the starting lineman:

F. Adams 6'8"

L. Davis 6'8"

M. Colombo 6'8"

A. Gurode 6'5"

Then there is one spot open on the line that is undetermined. That spot could also be filled with on of the lineman that they drafted, who is also 6'8".

Now, does anyone see a possible problem here? Tony Romo sits to pee is a little small for QB standards, standing at 6'2". That's a 6 inch difference between him and most of the line.

Does anyone else think that he might have some troubles trying to pass over this line next year? Personally, I think they are going to have to try and roll him out of the pocket a lot just so he can see.

I dont know, maybe this isn't a problem, and I'm just thinking about it too much, but it really made me think about their passing game next year.

Your friend must have fudged the numbers their "listed" heights (which are always exagerrated) are

Flozell 6'7"

Davis 6'6"

Colombo 6'8"

Gurode 6'4"

As for 5th starter it is Kosier 6"5"

As for the heights the tackles dont matter because they are usually off to the side blocking the rushers forming the pocket

The interior linemen are 6'"6 and under on top of that they are not in a standing up position while blocking.

So Tony will be ok finding the passing lanes

Most of his best throws come from when he's outside of the pocket anyway.

I'd have to agree with this one . . . As much as I hate to say it, he showed last year that he can throw outside the pocket very well . . . And, in terms of the height of the o-line, I doubt it'll be that much of a problem . . .

One can only hope though . . . ;)

I'd have to agree with this one . . . As much as I hate to say it, he showed last year that he can throw outside the pocket very well . . . And, in terms of the height of the o-line, I doubt it'll be that much of a problem . . .

One can only hope though . . . ;)

That's how Romo sits to pee was exposed last year. Teams found that if you keep Romo sits to pee inside the pocket, he was average at best.

I remember last year he was not very adept at recieving balls while on one knee. Anyone else remember that???

I'll never forget....at least until I change the .GIF on my desktop. Good stuff.

if Romo sits to pee was 6'0, then maybe it would be an issue, but he's not that short. With that said, most coaches devise schemes to open passing lanes for smaller QB's, like Drew Brees. Brees is only 6 feet tall. Not all QB's have to be 6'5". Actually it concerns me that JC is too tall for Rabach. He looks really uncomfortable taking the snap from center as he is sooooo crouched down.

Archived