Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would Nemo give up #30 for LaRon?

mistertim

Just a thread to lighten things up a bit. Many players like to keep the same number they have had from college or when they go from one team to another. Currently Nemo is #30. Anyone think he'll give it up to Landry, or would LaRon have to just grab one of the 20s numbers that aren't used yet?

that's not the question. the question is whether Nemo will be on the team to have a jersey number issued :)

That is true, but technically his position is FB. And the only other FB on the roster is Mike Sellers. If you cut Nemo...who else is there to play the Fullback position if Sellers goes down? So unless the 'Skins pick up another FB, expect Nemo to keep his #30.

I wouldnt be surprised if he took #42. He's talked alot about Ronnie Lott. (Is 42 retired by the Redskins?... im drawing a blank)

Offically Retired Numbers:

33 Sammy Baugh, QB-S-P, 1937-52

Unoffically Retired Numbers:

7 Joe Theismann, QB, 1974-85

9 Sonny Jurgensen, QB, 1964-74

28 Darrell Green, CB, 1983-2002

42 Charley Taylor, WR, 1964-77

43 Larry Brown, RB, 1969-76

44 John Riggins, RB, 1976-79, 1981-85

49 Bobby Mitchell, RB, 1962-68

51 Monte Coleman, LB, 1979-94

70 Sam Huff, LB, 1964-69 (Worn by Leonard Marshall in 1993)

81 Art Monk, WR, 1980-93

Taken from wikipedia.com

That was Charlie Taylor, right? It might not be retired, but if it is Charlie's I'd rather him pick another number.

Yeah that's true. That is sort of an "unsaid rule" that nobody would take that. I wouldn't be surprised if he offered Nemo some "incentives" to part with it. That or he doesn't give a **** and will take whatever number he is given.

Just a thread to lighten things up a bit. Many players like to keep the same number they have had from college or when they go from one team to another. Currently Nemo is #30. Anyone think he'll give it up to Landry, or would LaRon have to just grab one of the 20s numbers that aren't used yet?

Nemo who is what I wanna know.... do you think some scrub that will have no impact on the team will stand between our 1st round pick??? Heck no.

Landry can have his car/wife if LL wants it.

Nemo who is what I wanna know.... do you think some scrub that will have no impact on the team will stand between our 1st round pick??? Heck no.

Landry can have his car/wife if LL wants it.

Well I'd think that any players on a team would have mutual respect for each other, no matter when they're taken in the draft.

Wow!! You definately KNOW it's the offseason!

Archived